News bites: March 10, 2008
- As a promotional measure, looks like Yoon Eun Hye‘s collaboration with brand-new pop/hip-hop duo Mighty Mouth was a smashing success. They’ve shot up the music charts with “frightening speed” for a new artist, chasing #1 song “One More Time” (Jewelry) to land the #2 spot on Nate’s Top 100. (Song here.) Such is the power of Yoon Eun Hye.
- Han Ji Min (above), currently acting in historical drama Yi San opposite Lee Seo Jin, is launching her own clothing line, Sweet SOUP by Han Ji Min. Clothing company Dongkwang International is producing the brand, described as cute “French chic” and marketed to teenagers and younger twentysomethings. Han Ji Min will participate in the designing and as brand model.
- Song Seung Heon and Kwon Sang Woo‘s new film Destiny (Sook-myeong) isn’t out yet — it releases on the 20th — but its OST single is already a hit.
- Actress-singer (and lingerie entrepreneur) Uhm Jung Hwa admits that the strongly criticized over-revealing, sexy costuming that she wore during performances in her ninth album days were actually underwear. Honey, we knew.
- Jang Geun Seok has been picked as a car-racing event host for MBC ESPN’s Go To eXtreme show. He professes to be a fan of the show, whose season 1 was emceed by Ryu Shi Won and Yoon Jung Su. He sure is busy; after Hong Gil Dong ends, his movie Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do opens in April. Does he sleep?
- The Korean psychological thriller Addicted, starring Lee Byung Heon and Lee Mi Yeon, has been remade by Hollywood (sigh) — the American version, Possession, stars Sarah Michelle Gellar (hmm) and Lee Pace (yay!) and is set to open on the 28th. With the rash of Korean films being given the glossy Hollywood treatment (in addition to Addicted and Il Mare [made into The Lake House], My Sassy Girl and Tale of Two Sisters are in the works), let’s hope ONE of them can get it right.
SONG OF THE DAY
Sook-myeong OST – “Remember” by Gavy NJ. [ zShare download ]