Yoo Ji-tae, currently in the SBS drama A Star’s Lover, is taking part in a kpop album, oddly enough. He’s featured on kpop singer Jinju‘s new album “Pearlfect” (someone’s idea of a clever pun, I’m sure, since “jinju” means pearl).
But the actor-director isn’t singing, exactly — he and another actor, Eom Ji-won, lend their voices as narrators for two of the songs (him on “I’m Sorry,” and her on “Maze”). The song featuring Yoo, described as a “sad ballad,” also happens to mirror (coincidentally?) his role in his current drama, since the “character” supposedly leaves the woman he loves because he’s poor.
(Forget epic music videos; now even songs have plotlines and stunt casting?)
The album goes on sale on January 13.
- A Star’s Lover: Episode 1
- Feature directing debut in the works for Yoo Ji-tae
- Choi Ji-woo and Yoo Ji-tae in A Star’s Lover
- Looking at the world through star-colored lenses
- Yoo Ji-tae travels the short-film circuit
- Yoo Ji-tae’s directorial release