All Joo Ji-hoon events canceled
The names aren’t out yet, but we do get a few initials and hints as police look into the circle of acquaintance of the celebrities booked in the drug scandal:
- Joo Ji-hoon‘s two Japan fanmeetings have been canceled. Tickets will be refunded.
- His film The Naked Kitchen (co-starring Shin Mina and Kim Tae-woo) was scheduled for a May 30 release in Japan, but is
- Will Joo Ji-hoon be held responsible for Tokyo Tower‘s problems? He has already been dropped from the cast, but things get complicated because the production received several billion won from Japanese investors who had put up the funds with the stipulation that Joo Ji-hoon be cast in the drama, banking on his name value. Now that he is no longer involved, the entire production is endangered. One source with the production hinted that Joo bears some responsibility for this.
- One industry rep said, “Before the drug case, Joo Ji-hoon was deemed an actor with enough name value to bring in investments. The atmosphere has completely reversed now.”
Meanwhile, things get worse for smuggler Yoon Seol-hee and her backer Yeh Hak-young:
- Over March and April 2008, Yoon and Yeh are said to have inhaled meth twice, at a Tokyo hotel and at Yeh’s home.
- Starting in 2007, both regularly called friends over and did ecstasy and ketamine at home and at four clubs in Kangnam and Hongdae, approximately ten times in all.
- A certain Mr./Ms. Park, Kim, and Jeon also supplied Yoon with funds and requested that Yoon buy them drugs in Japan about a dozen times.
- Actor “I” recently appeared in a drama and is being investigated.
- Police are looking into Joo Ji-hoon’s entertainer friends with whom he regularly attended Kangnam clubs. They are also investigating a certain Kangnam area club for marijuana and ecstasy use among models and entertainers.
- Police have found a certain music cable channel’s “A” in possession of four ecstasy pills.
- Police are investigating a model “Kim” for allegedly smoking marijuana in front of a Cheongdamdong club.
- Kim denied these claims, saying, “People think I take drugs because my image seems like I go to clubs often, but I’ve never taken any. My going to clubs has nothing to do with drugs, I just went to have fun.”