Actress Han Ji-min (Cain and Abel) has been chosen as the co-star to Kim Myung-min in the upcoming movie Joseon Detective Jung Yak-yong.
Kim’s involvement was announced earlier this summer, and he’ll take the titular detective role. The period mystery film is based on a novel (Secret of the Gate of Virtue), and tells the story of a detective working on the case of a woman’s suicide.
Han has been cast as a “mysterious merchant,” and Oh Dal-soo (The Good, The Bad, The Weird) takes a supporting role. The movie began filming on September 2, and plans to release early next year.
This will be Han’s first acting project since 2009′s Cain and Abel; Kim’s last role was in the thriller movie The Demolished Man, which released earlier this year.
- Han Ji-min signs on to Noh Hee-kyung’s new drama
- A detective film next for Kim Myung-min
- Kim Myung-min sets up his own company
- Han Ji-min signs her donation book
- Kim Myung-min: “In the end I was so exhausted it was difficult to act”