Mary Stayed Out All Night star Moon Geun-young takes on a new type of character as the drama’s bohemian girl Mary, a playful and optimistic young woman who “never loses hope despite her tiring daily life.” What she does that keeps her so exhausted has yet to be explained, but I’m thinking that the fake-marriage premise of the drama is going to add a whole NEW level of tiring to her life, with her juggling two pretty romantic rivals: hippie/free spirit Jang Geun-seok and “perfect” chaebol Kim Jae-wook.
Moon’s last screen role in Cinderella’s Sister had her playing a difficult and abrasive character, but prior to that she was known for her youthful, cute image, so I can totally see her giving Mary a winning charm. (Just imagining all the adorableness that is bound to transpire between her and Jang Geun-seok is enough to make me giggle in anticipation.)
Mary Stayed Out All Night is based on a web toon from the creator of Full House, and the rights have already been sold to Taiwan and China. It premieres on November 8 on KBS.
Via My Daily
- At the poster shoot for Mary Stayed Out All Night
- Media attention for Mary Stayed Out All Night’s fan-made posters
- Kim Jae-wook joins Mary Stayed Out All Night
- Moon Geun-young confirmed for Mary Stayed Out All Night
- Jang Geun-seok plays another musician in new drama