Finally, some more news on What’s Up! Actor Oh Man-seok (Everybody Cha Cha Cha, King and I) has been added to the cast of the drama that’s set in a university musical theater department and written by Story of a Man and Sandglass writer Song Ji-nah.
This casting makes sense, since Oh has extensive musical and theater experience, and is in fact currently working on a stage play called True West, which opens on November 26. Oh will play a professor in What’s Up, and called it an honor to be able to work in a Song Ji-nah drama.
News has been pretty quiet on this show, which still doesn’t have a broadcast station or an airdate. (Producers are hoping for an early 2011 premiere.) However, I’m not worried that this production’s in trouble (unlike, say, golf drama Birdie Buddy — what’s going on there?), because of its status as a buzz project with its star scriptwriter and promising cast of up-and-coming new stars, which includes Big Bang’s Daesung, Tamra the Island’s Im Joo-hwan, and Hon’s Im Joo-eun.
Via Joy News
- What’s Up’s shoots in full swing
- At the auditions for campus drama What’s Up
- What’s Up completes first round of auditions
- Im Joo-hwan joins What’s Up
- What’s Up adds rising star Im Joo-eun
- Song Ji-nah casts Daesung in What’s Up
- Oh Man-seok directs The Happy Life