1N2D (as we know it) to come to an end

javabeans: So it’s true: 1N2D is ending.

girlfriday: *wails*

javabeans: There’ll still be six months of episodes, though.

girlfriday: *puts on sackcloth and ashes*

javabeans: And all the members will be quitting at the same time, so they’re all leaving together. It’s not like one person is ditching the rest.

girlfriday: But, but, but….

javabeans: Actually, Na PD and KBS are saying that there’s a possibility that they’ll revive 1N2D with a new cast for a Season 2, down the line.

girlfriday: That’s not really 1N2D — not 1N2D as we know it. It’s the same thing they did with Family Outing, which promptly died.

javabeans: The show has been on the air for, what? Four years? It’s a great time to go out on top. As a newbie to the show, I keep hearing about how the show used to be so much better. While I’m satisfied with it, I wouldn’t want it to stick around to slide into a long, painful decline.

girlfriday: I did love the old episodes, but I’m not one of those people who sees a sharp decline in the current lineup, so it still makes me cry. But I do agree that I’d much rather see all of them end the show together than to have them trickle off one at a time, really really sadly. That would break my heart. If it has to end, which I know realistically has to happen at some point in my lifetime, then I do much prefer a show to pick its endpoint rather than die ever so slowly and peter out.

javabeans: This is a good thing for most of them, right? Seung-gi can’t just quit, or he’d have the country turn on him en masse.

girlfriday: Yeah, he suffered the wrath of trying to once already.

javabeans: But if we’re being level-headed, his career has more opportunities when he doesn’t have this commitment tying up all his weekends. I mean, it was already pretty amazing that a drama would build in concessions to let him continue 1N2D while shooting Gumiho. He’s not likely to find that again. (Or have the stamina to do it?) It’s why he couldn’t do Return of Iljimae, and while I absolutely love Jung Il-woo in that and wouldn’t wish for the change, I think it would have taken his acting up another notch.

girlfriday: It’s true — the bigger stars will have much more opportunity to do new projects that they never could have considered because of the long-term commitment that 1N2D is. On an individual level, for most of them, it’s probably a great time in their careers to move on.

javabeans: Su-geun is sharp enough and versatile enough to find new hosting gigs.

girlfriday: He’ll be MCing everywhere.

javabeans: I think I’ll miss Ji-won the most. Because as a singer we won’t get to see him as much, and not on such a close, comfortable level.

girlfriday: Me too. *wails again* But I do think that he’s made enough of his variety career through 1N2D that he’s as much Eun Ji-won the TV personality as the idol singer. Maybe even more so.

javabeans: Definitely more so. Because…I have no idea what his idol career is like, apart from hazy, nebulous memories of Sechs Kies in the ‘90s. And even in those memories, my brain has slotted in present-day Ji-won.

girlfriday: Well he does look the same.

javabeans: And still acts like a teenage boy.

girlfriday: So, he hasn’t really grown up any.

javabeans: It might be sad for Jong-min, who hasn’t really gotten back in the saddle after army duty. He used to be so funny and wacky, but I feel like he’s been out of step.

girlfriday: It’d be nice if in the six months remaining, he could let some of the over-thinking and over-exerting go, so that he could get his groove back.

javabeans: That would be great. I want to see his natural charm come out again, and not have him be so stressed about being funny.

girlfriday: I think it’s really saddest for Tae-woong who never got to get good at variety before the show is ending.

javabeans: It might actually work out for him, too, because he’s already improved so much — I saw it in the latest episode (up later today!) and six months is so much time to grow, take advantage of the ticking clock, and make the most of it before he leaves variety. That’s more time than he’s been on the show.

girlfriday: It’s too bad that there isn’t enough time to fix his dog feet too.

javabeans: I think that’s an unfixable condition. What may be saddest for him is that he won’t get the chance to get as close to Ho-dong as he wants to be.

girlfriday: He’ll have to kick up the bromance another notch… which is already veering into inappropriate territory. But, yay for us?

javabeans: It’s what we call a silver lining in that half-empty glass of sadness.

girlfriday: Sigh, my only consolation is that we don’t have to watch an 1N2D without Ho-dong or Na PD. I think that would’ve killed me more than a formal unified send-off.

javabeans: Would an announcement of a new Seung-gi drama ease that pain? Because he could totally do an intensive, immersive, balls-to-the-wall type of drama now.

girlfriday: *perks up slightly* It wouldn’t fill the void, but maybe if he made it up to me personally….

Via E Daily

Tags: , , , , , , ,

so. sad.

Indeed! My fav show ending? Stiiiiiink.
I know its way way waaaaay too ambitious for me to ask , but can they bring back KimC and Mc Mong to wrap this whole shebang up with neat bows and happy memories for my heart? no? NO?!
I hate you KBS.

Bring Mong and Kim C back! Muuuuhhhhh! But Mong was banned from KBS,I hate KBS.

I like KBS. Because KBS World was my only exposure to Korean dramas in Chicago...so I don't hate them BUT...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYY? Don't end 1N2D! how about, no one leaves and it doesn't get canceled. STAY THE SAME.
:'''''(

The last picture killed me.

Aww - think of it like "Friends" or "Seinfeld" ending. Better to go out on a high note then to drag it out like "Ten Little Indians".
They will be missed.

I'd also prefer the entire show to end, rather than seeing each of them leaving one at a time. I understand the ending is necessary. But it's still so sad...

I'M SO SADDD :(((
Definitely my favorite variety show, now what am I going to watch? I'll miss this :(

I don't know what to say. On the one hand, I'm glad they're all going out together. On the other hand, I was hoping it would be around long enough for MC Mong to make a triumphant return. I'm glad Dramabeans introduced me to the show, but damn, ripped away too soon!!

The saddest news ever told. :(

i'm so devastated
the show will never get a chance to celebrate ho dong's 70th birthday :(
even though we the viewers are upset the show is coming to an end i'm pretty sure the members are too
the new variety show is going to have a tough time replacing 1n2d

"the new variety show is going to have a tough time replacing 1n2d."

well methinks this is the main problem those higher-ups in kbs have in their minds.
1n2d has been their sunday night hero for four years; and that means something. i'm pretty sure that there won't be any new show that can actually replace 1n2d, despite the fact that we, at the end, will have to deal with it.
nevertheless, it's great that at least everything's under control now; hodong isn't going neither does na pd.
how will we eventually love another show like we do to 1n2d.... i can't even imagine it (ok, this might sound too exaggerate but i mean, there aren't many variety show which deliver such a homey feeling and such)

the decision to end it the way 1n2d does is such a brave decision; given the issues last [Read more]

It is definitely sad but at least they're leaving together and going out on top...thank you javabeans and girlfriday for bringing this show to my attention, so sad it's ending but at least i was able to hop on the 1N2D train before it finally ended

that is the saddest news i've gotten all year. i love love love 1N2D it's the 3rd show that introduced me to korean pop culture (1st was Coffee Prince and 2nd was XMan) and cemented my love for it. i will miss the gang, the shenanigans, the begging... over the top hodong, eagle eyed jong min. wily fox jiwon. laugh out loud su geun, smitten tae wong, & perfect man seung gi. :'(... dreading the day.

*sighs* My tears have now dried up and I listened to a few good-bye songs (Bigbang's Tell Me Goodbye was repeated several times.

It's a good way to go. All at once and on a high, like the legends they are. I'll miss everyone and in particular, the staff. I mean seriously, where will I see Na PD and Daeju again and the lighting director? I hope that the staff was also working on other shows as well, because it'd be sad to know that peeps will be out of a job. But if that's the case, they have a good show to put on their resume and 6 months to search!

I'm still sloooowly watching the old eps and its so ironic that the episode I watched last night was the one where Kim C left and while watching it, I saw the news on allkpop. Its weird...because I've never ever ever cried because a sho [Read more]

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

-squats hodong style, two fingers up-

PREEEEACH!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLL~~~~~~~

:( sad.

awww. this is so depressing. it is better this way though. if they had lost kang hodong and na pd, then the show would have lost alot of its magic and i would have felt bad for the other guys. i wish before they finally signed off though that they would bring back all the people who were on this show. would love to see kim c and mong one more time before this ends. :(

i don't know if they'll ever make another show as good as this one. we got married used to be one of my favorites as well, but lately it's all been about idols marrying which is ok, except they all look like teenagers to me and too young to even be getting married, but i digress. will definitely miss this show. i hope kbs comes out with the full dvd compilation with eng subs. would love to watch all the episode from the fi [Read more]

awww!! I seldom watch this show and it leaves me giggling to no end!! I'd say it's a good thing due to time constraints i cudn't get addicted to the show...otherwise i'd have felt strangely betrayed 'n wronged!! well, in any case hope the cast grows so much more in the next 6 months and have awesome opportunities!!

I remembered watching my first 1n2d episode.. Which was when the gang had to cycle the distance that they spun from a wheel. It was unlike any other variety show.

The show showed comaraderie, friendship and just natural humour. Interestingly enough, i kinda became a big fan of jongmin. (i knew of the post military jongmin before i knew of his funny wacky pre military days).

I may sound defensive abit but jongmin appeals to me bcos He seems to be just a very dorky nice guy.. He may nt be as wise as jiwon, funny as sugeun, or as charismatic as seunggi n hodong, but i felt that he also played a big a part as the other guys.

Im extremely saddened by the news but all gd things must come to an end. ;-( no more funny interactions with pd na n no more interactions with the crew. But non [Read more]

wow, it only takes one man to bring a beloved show to an end. sad but true. i'm guessing the other guys just wanted to end the show rather than watch it slowly die.

on second thought, had Hodong not have any thought of leaving at all, will we even see the end of 1N2D in the next year or two? doubt it.

all i ever got from this is that Hodong wants to quit no matter what and would not give in, and the crew and the other members are left with no other sensible choice but to leave the program. the 6 months are there just for fan service, because if they end it in September (like the rumours), there will be a big of a backlash.

i'm not trying to hate on Hodong (well, i kinda do lol), but if 1N2D will end, it should end with the ratings just like any other program. because through that, [Read more]

i dont feel it that way. we know seunggi wish to quit but because of netizens' responses, he decided he will stay until his military service.

and to be honest, sugeun and jiwon didnt look as cheerful as they were during their old days when MC Mong was still present. Jiwon especially.

the only members i think who might not have the thought of leaving yet are jongmin and taewong because they just enter this show (eventhough Jongmin was in it before his military). the leaving of KimC and McMong clearly affect the members. they have been trying hard to maintain the momentum and the laughs, but i feel that some parts of their hearts already left with them.

money is not important to jiwon. he comes from a very wealthy family. sometimes i can see the boys (except jongmin and taewong) [Read more]

not true. Seunggi's agency determined he would quit 1N2D to advance to Japan, but Seunggi personally said he wished to stay. not because of the netizens' response. it was from Seunggi's official statement. if the members truly feel that they want to quit, they would've done so when Kim C and MC Mong left. the fact is that they still want to do the show and they still did. the show with only 5 members was definitely tough to create, since there are no 3 vs 3 teams. but they pulled through and even recruited Taewoong.

sure, i love the 2007-2009 episodes more, but then again you can't say that the members only went to the show in 2010-2011 because of their commitment and the fans. as you said, Jiwon is from a wealthy family. Seunggi is also filthy rich by now, Sugeun has definitely made a [Read more]

i dont think its bc hodong wants more money...i thinks its more that hes been with the show for 4 years and wants to be part of a new show, where maybe he'll have more control over the design and planning...i mean if i would feel the same way if i was in his position...the show's format while really entertaining and fun for the past 4 yrs, hasn't changed too much...so with all the success hes had with 1n2d maybe he decided he wants a new challenge

i don't think its because of money either. granted, my first reaction was like yours too. i was upset that my favourite show was ending, and seemingly because the main mc was jumping ship.

but if you watched any of the latest episodes, you must have seen how tired khd looks now. the guy isn't as young as he was anymore. those late night shoots, with not that much sleep and having to be energetic and boisterous all the time... the guy looks REALLY tired. a lot more tired than in the earlier seasons.

and he has a young son now, a family that he might want to spend a little more time with. so maybe he thinks that he can reap a bit of the hard work and sacrifices he made earlier on.

I think we would have seen the end of this show in about a year or so. Seung gi was ready to move on for a while now, but stayed due to the backlash. He's going to leave next year for military service also.

Jongmin and Jiwon are getting busy with their music careers. Taewong is a major actor, so he may not been able to balance a drama and 1N2D. I don't have doubts that Sugeun will find a show to be the main MC. I'm hoping the new show to replace 1N2D will have him as one.

I didn't realize Seung gi said he wanted to stay, but he would have to leave any way due to military duty.

I was wondering how long this show would last. S. Korea isn't that big, and they visited most of the places already. They visited Jeju several times now. I wonder what would they have done if there was no more places to visit. You can only revisit a place so many times.

I know realistically it had to end sometime... but I still held out hope that 1N2D would still be on air for the birth of Ji-won's first child or * gulp * maybe even Seung-gi's marriage.

I wish they could bring back MC Mong and Kim C for specials in the remaining months. I know MC Mong is probably a no-go, but it would be wonderful to see Kim C again.

As someone who got into 1N2D only after JB and GF started writing recaps, it's crazy how quickly I grew attached to the members.

I'm going to miss these guys!

Pooey.

that last pic is so perfect. SO perfect. gonna miss this show SO much T____T

:( :( :(
i hope thew also will round up ex-mates, though idk what KBS stance against MC Mong... i missed Kim C...
so sad...

I agree I want to see everyone comeback, especially MC Mong, they had such a great impact on the show.

I'm definitely going to miss the boys, but this was honestly the best solution for them. It might have been two or three episodes ago that KHD was saying they've visited so many places in Korea, they were going to have to start recycling them... going back to the same places but during different seasons.

I know it has to be tough to film this show every two weeks, so hopefully they'll be able to rest and show us other projects one it's over. I really want them to bring bag some of the old cast members for the last shows. It's already going to be a cryfest, but that'll make it more poignant.

*bring back

It is sad but we should be grateful that we have 6 more months. I rather this wonderful show end it in it's prime time than died out slowly. For real, if Na PD is leaving and Hong Do is leaving it is no longer 1N2D. I wish everyone the best and will definitely support them in their future variety.

One of my favs, too...I don't laugh easily, but 1N2D makes me LOL...will really miss it.

oh, so it's really confirmed now :(. This is really my most fav kvariety show. I watched this show since Seungi on it and it really introduces me the beautiful of Korea places in a fun way. Even I wished that my country will have this kind of show to introduce places in my country without being so documentary.

I believe Ho Dong and PD want to quit but they agreed to do this show for another six months. This is so sad since the members used to say that they want to do this show until they're old but I guess even good thing have to end. Like what GF said, it's better to end when it's top show right now. For now, I just wished all the previous members can be together for the last episode esp MC Mong :(

Igue~ mokko~??? T-T

No words.

I think I will be spending the rest of my life on 1N2D re-runs. It's just about the only Korean variety show that I watch and enjoy and leaves me in stitches.

Oh well, I guess my dream of one day appearing in a foreigner/international audience special has been dashed.

I wish all the cast and crew of 1N2D all the best! :D

"I think I will be spending the rest of my life on 1N2D re-runs."

i think almost everyone is going to do this too. me included haha.

me too :) 2d1n is like a drug to me...gotta have a dose of it every week

All good things come to an end T_T

I'm so gonna miss Jiwon T_______T

I'm sad but the fact that they are ending it together makes me think it'll all be worth it in the end.

I'm gonna miss Na PD on screen, he's too adorable! My evil ahjusshi crush =)

:( it figures that just as I started watching 1n2d it goes off air... well, at least I have 3 years worth of episodes to catch up on

I guess if they have to, this is probably the best way to go out--on top, with everyone intact. When Kim C left, I wailed with them--it was SO heartbreaking. Yet Kim C was honest in his reason for leaving--it was more stressful for him to try and be someone he's not and he hated watching himself on the show. MC Mong had an abrupt departure and I don't think they ever got to say anything about it--he was suddenly gone.

1N2D was my weekly chill pill--my whole family could hear me laughing hysterically throughout the whole house--and I never laugh like that when watching tv. I'm personally sad for the impending departure, but am thankful that I've been aboard for about 3 years now. Started to watch cuz of Seunggi, then fell in love with them all--I guess that's the charm of the show--it's [Read more]

this is so sad and so final.
i'm going to miss them all. I don't know where i'm going to watch them regularly after the show ends.
so, so sad. the coming 6 months is going to be a long, final goodbye.

Definitely better to go off at a high note! I'm sad that we probably won't get to see Uhm Tae Woong doing variety after this

I guess if they had to go to out, this is the way to do it. It's the only way really. It doesn't make it any less sad though...*bawls eyes out*

so sad...i'm crying my eyes out rite now....sob sob :( just sad thinking that i'll never see Hodong, Sugeun, Seunggi, Jongmin, Jiwon and Tae Woong and above all PD Na again in variety show together!!! hope there is a chance they bring back MCMong (i know it's long shot but...couldn't help but hoping) and KimC in one (or more) episode...would love to see them together again for the last time

this is not a goodbye...we'll sure miss u 2D1N...there is no other shows like u...u're the one and only

I... am actually tearing up a little bit right now. I think Ji-won's going to be the kid I miss most from this fun ride.

maybe why several people will miss jiwon the most is because we see a really personal side of our favorite choding. sure, we still can see him on music show and maybe on other variety show as a guest; but the musician jiwon is so much more serious than the choding we love too much. but, well, there's always a silver lining for everything. let's just hope he will continue his music career until, well, forever :P

This totally breaks my heart. I've faithfully watched every episode from the beginning and it really saddens me to know that my weekly dose of amazing variety crack is coming to an end.

I do agree with the fact that it's better to end the show on a high note rather than slowly watch it die out later. I can already imagine what kind of mess I'm going to be in once the last episode airs. I'll probably cry double the amount of buckets as I did during the foreign workers special.

And though they'll most likely be bringing in the old cast members for the coming specials, I'm really hoping Mong will get a chance to appear again. *crosses fingers* Mong was the reason I started watching 1N2D and I was so heartbroken to see him leave the show so abruptly. T^T

Apart from the cast I'm al [Read more]

6 months is good enough time for me to save up to buy those boxes of Kleenex. I cannot imagine the mess I'm going to make when they off the lights for the last time.

Already when Kim C left, I was already a big mess. It breaks my heart but what better way to call it day.

*Note to self* Buy more Ext. Harddisk drives to download all episodes of 1N2D.

Jongmin will be busy with his new show with Kim Soo Mi, I think. I'm hoping for the best for all of them. But I'll miss your funny recaps, girls!

Oh its sad but I guess everything has an ending I guess Hodong diddt get what he wants.

I think KBS wanted to change tthe original theme of the show but maybe Hodong doesnt like what KBS wanted to do to the show and decided to quit.I bet he will get alot of hate. but seriously the best team they have is when KIm C and MCmong is in the show.

I think their individual popularity will decrease especially Jiwon,SUguen its important to have a successful weekly show to stay upfloat in the industry.Hodong and Seunggi thats not a problem but I dont know if KAng Hodong will have a very successful show like 1n2d even if they redo it with diff. members.

Oh well I guess Ill just be satisfied with the Running Man for now....

Too soon! Yes, it's good to go out on a high, but I honestly feel 1N2D had many years left in it! No other variety show has been able to match it (not Family Outing 1 back in the day nor Running Man now). The camaraderie between all of the guys is something no other show has been able to match. I feel especially bad for Jongmin and Taewoong.

Tooooo sooooooon! :(

all GREAT THINGS must come to an end?...
I am a Filipino and I am so much LOVING 1N2D..
In fact, I am so envious since Korea has this SO GREAT VARIETY SHOW... I am also wishing for a 1N2D Philippine version.... because of 1N2D, I've got to know MORE about Korea and Its culture... Different tourists' spots in Korea and all... aside from it, I am so ATTACHED to ALL the 1N2D characters... to think I can't anymore see them TOGETHER in a great show make my heart hurts... SO SAD... I feel like I am so empty during Fridays without it...

Why must they end?... I thought they were all joking in SOME episodes saying that they will be celebrating, HODONG'S 60s or 70s birthday in one of the welcoming of their show... :( and NOW, they said that they'll end in 6 months??? :'(

anyway, to look in [Read more]

my heart went to tiny little pieces hearing this news. This time it's not rumors anymore, it's real and it's staring us in the face. I just discovered this show barely a month ago and i love it. Though I would like to look at it positively and be glad for the guys- esp Seunggi- getting more opportunities to shine in other projects- for now I will allow myself to wallow in grief at the end of a marvelous show. That is not even an exaggeration because can you think of any other show like this?

It is truly and painfully, the end of an era. This is such a cliche and so overused but this time this phrase rings true. Though I have to agree, this is better than seeing them leave one by one. Mong leaving had been hard enough, Hodong leaving would have been excruciating. I am glad they stuck to [Read more]

well at least there'll be 6 more months T_T

I'm already thinking on their last episode the 80 crews and the members going out on the water together...for their last 'submerged in the water' segment...haaaaaisht

I totally can't believe 1n2d is ending. =( How else am I suppose to get my weekly dose of crack to feed my addiction? >< Props to all the past & present members of 1n2d for bringing us viewers fun & laughter for 4yrs (already?!?) KBS better start thinking real hard about the next show to replace this; and please, no 1n2d season 2 with a new cast!!!! It will never feel the same without this cast!

As long as Running Man do not end!

can't believe you said that wtf! this is not happy news >:(

let's just be honest; running man is a pretty new show (compared to 1n2d) and it probably will last until yoo jaesuk is no longer the main mc. but i'm not saying that this kinda case (hodong's departure issue) will happen any time sooner.
and well, i don't watch the show but i believe both shows have different viewers targets and such.
but, i'm sorry, saying that thing in this post is kinda rude.

what does running man have to do with 1n2d?? you have no idea the amount of impact 1n2d had in korea from 2007 till now, I feel a little bit sad that you even put running man and 1n2d in the same thought because there is just no comparison.

I might say korea variety show is slowing coming to an end~~~ there'r not much good variety show nowadays...
while back then the variety show tat get me hook would be xman, love letter~~

i feel bad for uhm tae woong~~ i felt that this guy would become the another sueng gi

i would dearly miss jiwon i lov his teenage & genius image

kim jong min!! i felt that after he return from army he's lacking something , please find back your oldself soon , i really miss that

have been watching 1N2D for the past 3 years plus.. i think i need a shoulder to cry on :'(

awwww I'm very sad about this news. When you guys started recapping the show, I started to pick it up too. And the cast are all so endearing. It's like... there will be a huge hole in my life. What to do? what to DO?

Definitely, I will miss Ji Won most. He's the most awesome. What will I do without cho-ding the genius?? ;_;

I will MY Eun Jiwon too. X(

well shit. i hope the next program has Jongmin in it.
now everyone is gonna watch I Am A Singer -___________-