When I first heard that Kim Bum would play Jung Woo-sung’s guardian-angel-esque buddy in prison for the upcoming drama Padam Padam…The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats, let’s just say I was wondering if they’d gotten it mixed up and really meant the reverse. But here we have the first stills from the drama, showing a rakish Kim Bum with a dorky Jung Woo-sung, and I can see it. (Kind of. It’s still a stretch, what with their respective resumés.)
Kim Bum plays a “4-D angel Lee Gook-soo,” so I guess they really are giving him the name Noodles, and not in a prison-nickname sort of way. (Gook-soo = noodles.) Jung Woo-sung plays Yang Kang-chil, a man who has served 16 years of hard time on a false murder charge. That means he was probably around Gook-soo’s age when he was locked up; perhaps that accounts for their bond.
The shoot pictured here took place in Seoul on the 21st, with the two guys arriving in Seoul and finding it unfamiliar but exciting. I’ll bet, especially if this is their first destination post-jail time.
Han Ji-min, meanwhile, is cast as Jung Ji-na, an “extremely pragmatic, selfish” woman. The drama premieres on cable channel jTBC on December 5.
Via TV Report
- Jung Woo-sung models watches, apparently
- Kim Bum and Han Ji-min join Padam Padam
- Jung Woo-sung returns in new drama
- Rumors abound for Kim Bum’s return to dramaland
- Jung Woo-sung confirms romance with Lee Jia
- Kim Bum being adorable in GQ
- Kim Bum and Park Min-young for Vogue Girl
- Kim Bum performs live for drama, sings for OST