How gorgeous is she? Jung Hye-young has been transitioning into roles playing mothers more than leading ladies (Return of Iljimae, Playful Kiss), but that doesn’t mean she looks at all like an ajumma. Exhibit A: This photo spread for luxury magazine Heren, shot in Paris.
She’s dressed in “European luxury classic” fashions, and at 37, she gets my vote for prettiest, daintiest K-drama mother ever. Even if she’s really only about a dozen years older than the boys she’s supposedly mothered onscreen (Jung Il-woo, Kim Hyun-joong). While this kind of look is not at all my bag, Jung rocks the short hair and the blood-red lips. Having Paris as the backdrop doesn’t hurt, either.
Jung’s shoot is in Heren’s November issue.
Via Review Star
- Jung Hye-young for Marie Claire
- Playful Kiss: Episode 1
- She’s too young to play your mom: Age gaps in casting
- Many more cast additions to Playful Kiss
- A third child for Sean and Jung Hye-young
- Jung Hye-young donates her paycheck
- The Return of Iljimae: Episodes 1-2