Damn, this girl has all the luck. Okay, fine, she’s awesome and talented and quirky and delightful. She just also happens to costar with all of my favorite boys, one right after the other. Gong Yoo wasn’t enough, now you have to have The Voice too? Some people just live charmed lives, yunno? Im Soo-jung and Lee Seon-kyun have been cast to play opposite each other as a married couple in All About My Wife, a film about a mismatched husband and wife on the brink of divorce.
It’s the new project from Antique Bakery‘s PD Min Kyu-dong, who was also a producer on Im Soo-jung’s latest film, Finding Kim Jong-wook. His last project as a director was the recent re-adaptation of Noh Hee-kyung’s The Most Beautiful Goodbye In the World, and he’s been coming up the ranks as a director and producer.
Im Soo-jung will play the outspoken, blunt-force-trauma honest, force of nature wife, while Lee Seon-kyun will play her very timid and sensitive husband, to whom “divorce is harder than love.” So then I’m assuming their love isn’t very easy to begin with, if he’s still willing to endure it for fear of divorce. His character is described as so meek that he can’t even utter the “D” in “Divorce.” Ha. I love this reversal already, especially since we’re so used to seeing Lee play the shouty alpha male. Not that he doesn’t play sensitive guys, but it’s usually the I’m-gonna-be-a-bombastic-ass-to-cover-up-my-bleeding-heart guy, not the scared-of-my-own-wife guy.
Ryu Seung-ryong (Personal Tase, who also happens to be stiff competition for being nicknamed The Voice) will play the intruding third party, an eccentric cassanova “invested in the couple’s separation.” Yeah, I’d say he’s invested, all right. But seriously, could there be a better guy to play the cassanova? As far as casting goes, this movie’s right on the money.
All About My Wife starts shooting in late November, for release next year.
- Two movie releases precede Hyun Bin’s military service
- Gong Yoo and Im Soo-jung for Vogue
- Gong Yoo is adorkable in Finding Kim Jong-wook
- Movie posters for bubbly romance Finding Kim Jong-wook
- Hyun Bin and Im Soo-jung pair up in new movie
- Kim Min-hee and Lee Seon-kyun in new thriller
- Best Love / Pasta mash-up, birth of a new power couple
- Action-comedy Arrest King’s trailer and posters
- Lee Seon-kyun for Esquire, back on the big screen in May
- The man behind the Voice: Lee Seon-kyun interview
- Pasta: Episode 1