Woori, who most recently played the haughty, bratty Hee-joo in You’ve Fallen For Me, has been cast in the movie Fortunetellers. It’s a horror-comedy (love that mix) that previously cast two hot up-and-comers in the movie biz, Kang Ye-won and Lee Je-hoon, and also features comedian Kim Su-ro (God of Study).
The setup sounds like potential loads of fun: The movie assembles a group of fortunetellers to a village hit by strange events, who pool their talents to get to the bottom of the mystery. Woori plays a woman with psychometry skills, enabling her to see the past by touching objects. She’s a quirky, 4-D character who also does tarot card readings and treats her pet turtle Esmerelda as her teacher. Ha! Sounds like a hoot. Woori was great at being a brat, but I think I’ll like her a lot more being an eccentric.
Fortunetellers comes from director Shin Jung-won, who directed the darkly funny killer-boar-on-the-loose horror movie Chaw, so I’m expecting this one to be fresh and funny as well. It begins filming this month.
Via Joy News
- Kang Ye-won, Lee Je-hoon cast in horror-comedy Fortunetellers
- Summer blockbuster The Front Line opens to high expectations
- Lee Min-ki is flashy and badass in Quick
- You’ve Fallen For Me: Episode 1
- Woori takes on Park Shin-hye as a rival
- Dark indie film Bleak Night earns raves