Sageuk hit Tree With Deep Roots is all set to wrap up its successful run this Thursday with its 24th episode, but producers are planning an additional two episodes of material for additional specials, to air the following week. It’ll consist of the usual stuff: behind-the-scenes clips, memorable scenes, and cast tidbits.
Most likely this is SBS’s way of filling up extra airtime as they schedule their end-of-year broadcasts, since the last week of December usually means dramas get pushed or pre-empted in favor of awards and specials. In fact, Tree’s specials won’t air in its current timeslot (Wednesday and Thursday nights) but on Monday and Tuesday, December 26 and 27; the slot will have been vacated by Thousand Day Promise, which ends this Tuesday.
That means SBS will be premiering its new dramas side-by-side in the new year: History of the Salaryman will be its new Monday-Tuesday show and premieres January 2, while Wednesday-Thursday drama Take Care of Us, Captain premieres on January 4.
Via TV Report
- Behind the scenes of Tree With Deep Roots with Sam-moon
- Tree With Deep Roots: Episode 1
- Tree wallops Man in the ratings game
- Song Joong-ki gets his face on currency
- Tree With Deep Roots’ posters, teasers, stills
- Song Joong-ki behind the scenes as King Se-jong