So these are cute: Wild Romance has released its first posters featuring its two leads, Lee Dong-wook and Lee Shi-young. He’s a dumb jock baseball player, she’s the even dumber bodyguard assigned to protect him… from a rabid anti-fan. Hee.
A few more details: He’s the cocky problem child of his pro baseball team, despite Oh Man-seok’s attempts to be the guiding hyung/sunbae on the team. She’s a former judo athlete and goes into the job already itching to unleash her hot temper on the arrogant bastard, and Dumb and Dumber fall in love.
I’ll be honest; I’m a sucker for the bickering romance, so this is right up my alley. The trouble is, it’s pretty hard to hit that sweet spot between cute bickering (say, Samsoon) and tiresome yelling (Full House), but when it’s done right it has me in stitches. It doesn’t hurt that the writer has a sharp and quirky style (Mixed-Up Investigative Agency, Alone In Love).
My big dilemma? Wild Romance premieres the same day that The Moon That Embraces the Sun does, on January 4. Everyone, get your extra sleep hours in now, while you can.
- Teaser and stills from KBS’s Wild Romance
- Im Joo-eun follows What’s Up with Wild Romance
- Wild Romance adds Hwang Sun-hee
- Lee Dong-wook added to Wild Romance
- Lee Shi-young cast as lead in Wild Romance
- Yoon Eun-hye and Lee Dong-wook for Wild Romance?
- Alone in Love writer returns with Wild Romance