Just when I thought Ghost was out of the pageant, it reels me back in with Eom Ki-joon. Drat! I love Eom Ki-joon! I don’t know if I love him enough to endure the So Ji-sub / Lee Yeon-hee competition for saddest puppy, but it’s certainly an uptick on my expectation meter for this drama, which was kinda hitting sub-zero.
Eom’s last role was in Scent of a Woman, where he played the awesome Dr. Poopypants who nursed his broken heart with some tango. It’s not as weird as it sounds. Or is it? I really wanted that character to get his own drama. Wouldn’t that beat any of the ten thousand medical dramas due out this spring? But I digress.
Ghost will be a thriller procedural about an elite cyber investigation unit, with So Ji-sub as the cold gruff hero and Lee Yeon-hee as the department’s pretty face (that’s her character description, I swear). No word yet on Eom’s character, or if he poops his pants this time.
It’s being helmed by the PD/writer team behind last year’s Sign, and premieres in late May on SBS.
- Lee Yeon-hee reunites with So Ji-sub for Ghost
- So Ji-sub confirms crime drama Ghost
- So Ji-sub’s return to dramaland?
- Eom Ki-joon cameos on Can’t Lose
- Eom Ki-joon loses driver’s license, keeps drama role
- Eom Ki-joon in danger of being cut from Scent of a Woman
- Scent of a Woman: Episode 1
- Moon Geun-young and Eom Ki-joon cuddle up in rehearsals