Casting update for Time Slip Dr. Jin
Looks like Time Slip Dr. Jin is going full steam ahead with casting, now that it suddenly finds itself a month out from premiere. That’s the thing about dramas. You gotta have a cast to get on the air. It’s crazy like that. Lee Beom-soo has signed on pretty much right on the heels of Salaryman, for what will be a ten-year reunion with co-star Song Seung-heon, since their 2002 movie Run First (poster below). And then finally, we have some women rumored to join the cast: Kim So-yeon (Coffee) and Park Min-young (Man of Honor) are considering the show.
Dr. Jin is set in the late Joseon era (1860) and features a time-traveling genius brain surgeon (Song Seung-heon) who goes back 150 years and struggles to adapt his medical practice. Well I’d say. What’s a brain surgeon gonna do without lasers and all his fancy brain probing doohickeys?
Kim Jaejoong plays Kim Kyung-tak, descendant of a long line of warriors, and the most skilled martial artist and best military officer of the time. Lee Beom-soo has joined the cast as Lee Ha-eung, a “soldier of fortune,” aka a mercenary, or assassin for hire. Badass. He’s also a bit of an oddball character though, which if you’ve seen Lee Beom-soo in anything, you’ll know is perfect for him.
Park Min-young is up for a double role — Dr. Jin’s little sister in the present day, and then in the Joseon era, she plays Hong Young-rae, the daughter of a nobleman and… she’s not his sister anymore? Um, is anyone else worried about this storyline? I see where this is going…
Kim So-yeon is considering the role of Chun Hong, the best gisaeng in the land, who also possesses mystical powers. She has the power to look into the future, which sounds like it’ll come in handy for our time-jumping doctor. Both ladies are still unconfirmed, though the clock’s a-tickin’ on this beast.
Time Slip Dr. Jin follows Feast of the Gods and premieres May 26 on MBC.
- Time Slip Dr. Jin mired in lawsuits, moves up premiere
- Dr. Jin beats Faith to the punch with summer premiere
- Song Seung-heon’s Dr. Jin gets picked up by MBC
- Kim Jaejoong joins Time Slip Dr. Jin
- Song Seung-heon becomes time-traveling Dr. Jin
- Ryu Seung-beom and Lee Beom-soo’s new comedy
- History of the Salaryman: Episode 1
- Fun and flirty Kim So-yeon for Cosmo
- Coffee’s “special poster” and additional trailer
- Man of Honor releases poster, more stills
- Park Min-young: Over her slump and keeping busy