Given how Sung Joon injected a high school rock band drama Shut Up: Flower Boy Band) with surprising intensity, I’m expecting that and more for his next project, a murder mystery movie titled Pluto.
The project is set at a prestigious private university and purports to shine a light on the social problem of Korea’s college entrance exam madness, “as well as showing how people are destroyed by it.” Sounds intriguing, if terribly vague, since I’m left wondering exactly HOW. Are students murdering everyone who tested ahead of them on the exams? Or maybe it’s about “test moms” who give their kids a little murderous hand by offing the competition. Or maybe it’s an overextended metaphor about how the rejected students are cast out of their academic galaxies, stripped of their status, never to be called a planet again.
(Hey, it’s your fault for giving me nothing to work with, Pluto. The questions will ask themselves.)
The film will begin filming this month with Kim Kkot-bi (Ashamed, Ghost).
Via Sports Chosun
- Sung Joon goes from scruffy rocker to prepster
- Shut Up: Lyrics edition
- Shut Up: Flower Boy Band: Episode 1
- Shut Up adds Loveholic rocker as music director, releases long preview
- Press conference day for cast of Shut Up: Flower Boy Band
- Shut Up: Flower Boy Band’s new poster and group stills
- Relationship charts and stills galore for Shut Up: Flower Boy Band