I wonder how many onscreen husband and wife pairings this movie’s going to make before they actually shoot the thing. Upcoming thriller The Road Home already lost one couple, so hopefully this one will stick. Jeon Do-yeon (Countdown, Housemaid) and Go Soo (Bandage, Psychic) are reportedly next in line at the altar to become Mr. and Mrs. I-Swear-Those-Drugs-Aren’t-Mine.
It turns out Jeon Do-yeon was initially attached to the thing over a year ago, though who knows what happened or why the project got stuck in development hell. In any case maybe the timing is better this time around? Having Go Soo as a love interest can’t hurt things, that’s for sure. I’m not sure I see the pairing quite yet, but we’ll have to wait till they’re onscreen to see if sparks fly.
The new thriller from director Bang Eun-jin of Suspect X is about an everyday housewife who gets framed for smuggling drugs on her way home from Paris, and lands in jail. Her husband sets out to clear her name, and goes up against the people who framed her to take the fall. The moral of the story? Heed those warnings they always play at airports: Do not leave your bags unattended.
If all goes smoothly, The Road Home starts filming in early January for a release in 2013.
- Jeon Ji-hyun and Ha Jung-woo drop The Road Home
- Go Soo and Han Hyo-joo in Bandage
- Go Soo and Han Hyo-joo sign on to melodrama
- It’s a February wedding for Go Soo
- Go Soo suits up for GQ
- Jeon Do-yeon to play a drug-smuggling housewife
- Sneak peek at Jeon Do-yeon’s Countdown
- Jeon Do-yeon returns with Countdown
- The Housemaid gets U.S. release