Park Jin-hee is coming back to television – yay! She’s just signed on to join MBC’s special production drama Gu-am Heo Jun, the sageuk about the famous royal physician Heo Jun that stars Kim Joo-hyuk (God of War) in the leading role.
Unfortunately, this does mean we’re losing Han Chae-ah from the cast list, since the character that Park Jin-hee is playing was initially announced with Han in the role. Well, I like Han Chae-ah (who was pretty good in Gaksital but I think better in Oohlala Spouses—though the drama itself was aggravating), but I like Park Jin-hee way more (Giant, The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry) so I think it all works out.
It’ll be Park Jin-hee’s first sageuk drama, though she did act in 2007′s mystery-thriller movie Shadows in the Palace which means she’s not totally new to the genre. She’ll play Lady Ye-jin, a warm-hearted woman who lost her parents at a young age and was adopted by her father’s friend (played by the always solid Baek Yoon-shik). When she grows older she becomes a nurse to the royal physician and works alongside Heo Jun. Despite falling in love with him, he’s already married and therefore Ye-jin puts her energies toward helping him as his assistant.
Aw, that’s touchingly sad—she can’t be with him the way she wants, but she’ll channel her feelings toward being with him in the limited ways available to her. Park Jin-hee has a really wonderful warmth and vitality to her acting, and I’m thinking (hoping) she’ll bring her usual engaging spirit to this role.
Gu-am Heo Jun will take to airwaves in March on MBC.
Via TV Report
- Kim Joo-hyuk headlines Heo Jun remake
- Han Chae-ah and Namgoong Min cast in Heo Jun remake
- Movie Review: Sweet Lie (Lost and Found)
- Park Jin-hee’s autumn In Style shoot
- Song Il-kook and Park Jin-hee in Fermentation Family
- Park Jin-hee and Park Ji-yoon in Grape Candy
- Mother-daughter pair Park Jin-hee, Kim Hae-sook
- Park Jin-hee: Calling Shin-youngs everywhere!
- The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry: Episodes 1-2