Kang Dong-won in May’s Elle magazine
Kang Dong-won (Secret Reunion, Jeon Woo-chi) has been out of the army for a while now, and yet, we continue to wait for his big comeback. I suppose this photo shoot for May’s issue of Elle magazine, for which he’s the cover model, will have to tide us over.
Because yes, while he’s had one photo shoot since his army discharge and announced a couple projects — a short film, Hide and Seek, and historical film Band of Thieves — we won’t be able to watch them for a while yet.
Of those, Band of Thieves seems the more interesting project (plus it’s a feature, not a short) with Ha Jung-woo set to play the Hong Gil-dong-esque hero in a low-born-man-turns-into-Joseon-hero storyline, with Kang Dong-won playing a nobleman’s illegitimate son. (Which was also one of Hong Gil-dong’s most famous traits, shaping him into becoming the noble bandit.) They’ll be pitted against each other as enemies, but I expect that to shift as the story unfolds. Nuthin’ a little bromance can’t cure, right? Should be good action-y fun.
There’s also an accompanying interview with Kang Dong-won in the magazine (and more photos, of course), but really, I just want him to do another drama. I know that’s hardly likely given that he’s been focusing on films exclusively for most of the past decade (his last drama was 2004’s Magic), but a girl can hope, right? Hope makes the world go round; don’t kill it!
Via My Daily
- Kang Dong-won and Shin Mina pair up for short film
- Kang Dong-won and Ha Jung-woo confirm Band of Thieves
- Kang Dong-won’s first post-army photo shoot
- Kang Dong-won returns from army, eyes comeback project
- Kang Dong-won sneaks in to basic training
- Kang Dong-won gets wings in High Cut
- Thriller film Psychic releases character posters and stills
- Additional preview for Secret Reunion