More questions! Oh my god, so many questions. We tried our best to get through as many as we could, but I’ll be honest, once liquor was introduced to the game it may have been a futile gesture. So maybe we didn’t try our best, then…
Podcast #17, Part 2
Running time: 42:31
The questions we address:
- Does each main broadcaster have a brand identity?
- Do you have favorite drama tropes that you never get tired of?
- Will you ever revisit your Pop Culture post series? (4:53)
- Is Girlfriday watching the Global We Got Married?
- Which drama character’s wardrobe would you want to have? (7:27)
- Are you still watching Dad, Where Are We Going?
- Who are some fictional heroines you would want to befriend? (12:48)
- How do you
time to findfind the time to manage the blog?
- Do you get a lot of email?
- Have you given serious thought to interviewing actors directly? (15:40)
- How do you guys communicate with each other?
- How did Javabeans and Girlfriday become friends?
- Do you think there always has to be a love triangle? (19:44)
- Soju scenes: Are they that common in Korea?
- What type of entertainment are you interested in outside of Korean dramas?
- What is your opinion on the new generation of drama viewers?
- What do you think of the whole Park Shi-hoo thing? (25:23)
- What would you say to readers who use your recaps in deciding whether or not to watch a drama?
- I noticed Javabeans and Girlfriday almost have the same sense of humor. Is it a coincidence? (30:02)
- Are the blind dates really that common in Korea?
- What is your opinion on the increase of idols being cast in dramas?
- Do you rewrite (mentally) the endings of dramas you find unsatisfying? (33:19)
- What are your thoughts on all the ballads that get played in dramas?
- Are there any memorable moments when you’ve thought, Aha! Just as I expected! or were pleasantly surprised by how much it deviated from what you first predicted? (37:58)
Names mentioned: Han Ga-in, Jung Ryeo-won, Chae Jung-ahn, Gong Hyo-jin, Kim Tae-hee, Lee Min-jung, Lee Yoon-ji, Sung Dong-il, Gong Hyo-jin, Park Shi-hoo, IU, Im Shi-wan, Im Seul-ong, Baek Ji-young
Songs Used in Podcast (In order of use)
“Sweet Lover” from the Dal Ja’s Spring OST
“You’ve Fallen For Me” from the You’ve Fallen For Me OST
“Simple Things” from the Mixed-up Investigative Agency OST
“Beautiful Girl” from the Hello Miss OST
“The Start of Love” from the Love & Marriage OST
“I love you today too” by Baek Ji-young from The Princess’s Man OST
“It was you from the start” from The World They Live In OST