Lee Shi-young (Webtoon, Wild Romance) is reportedly considering joining the gambling movie God’s Play, which has already assembled a solid lineup with actors Jung Woo-sung (Padam Padam), Lee Beom-soo (History of a Salaryman), Choi Jin-hyuk (Gu Family Book), Ahn Sung-ki (Broken Arrow), and Kim In-kwon (Gwanghae, Quick).
That is one fine casting list. What are you waiting for, lady, TAKE IT. Especially since she would be the lone female character in the cast (I repeat: TAKE IT). It’s no Ocean’s Eleven, but that is still one good ratio.
Based on a novel of the same name, the film is set in the world of baduk gambling, though “revenge mission” may be a more exciting way to frame the plot than “chess games.” The movie starts off with our lead character, played by Jung Woo-sung, stuck at rock bottom and follows his rise as baduk player, with Lee Beom-soo playing antagonist (and Choi Jin-hyuk helping out on the villain’s side). If she signs on, Lee Shi-young would play a sexy femme fatale who’s also a master baduk player. Friend or foe? Or both?
God’s Play is scheduled to begin filming this month. Tick tock. (What are you waiting for? Doooo eeeeet.)
- Choi Jin-hyuk joins the bad guys in God’s Play
- News bites: July 3, 2013
- Horror flick The Webtoon unleashes spine-chilling trailer
- Lee Shi-young and Eom Ki-joon’s murder mystery
- Han Hyo-joo chases Jung Woo-sung in The Watchers
- Jung Woo-sung and Han Hyo-joo headline action thriller
- Lee Shi-young earns spot on national boxing team
- Wild Romance: Episode 1