Park Hae-il and Shin Mina reunite for big screen romance
This is a romantic pairing that floats my boat. Shin Mina (Arang and the Magistrate) is headed back to the big screen for her next project, opposite the fabulous Park Hae-il (Aging Family). Love them separately, love them together. They’ll be reuniting after starring together in 2009’s island survival game show thriller A Million, this time for a much quieter road movie and love story.
The new film from director Jang Ryul (he wrote Jury and wrote and directed Dooman River) is called Gyeongju, named for the Gyeongsangdo city. Park Hae-il stars as the main character whose old memories lead him back to Gyeongju. As he travels there he meets Shin Mina, a local shopkeeper who runs a teahouse, and they’ll share a love story during his journey.
It sounds like a contemplative road movie, and I’ll tell you right now — I’d watch Park Hae-il drive around in his car for two hours. He’d act the hell out of that car ride. Hopefully we’ll get a nice dose of romance too, and with these two, the quirkier the better. It’s nice to have some movies to look forward to in the coming year, even if that still seems like forever away.
Gyeongju starts shooting next week for a release this winter.
Via TV Report
- Kang Dong-won and Shin Mina pair up for short film
- Shin Mina’s October magazine shoot
- Behind the scenes of Arang and the Magistrate
- Arang and the Magistrate: Episode 1
- The girl behind the gumiho: Interview with Shin Mina
- Park Hae-il’s quirky Vogue photo shoot
- Gong Hyo-jin and Park Hae-il in Aging Family
- Movie Review: Bow, the Ultimate Weapon
- A Million has its press conference