Well, you ask and you shall receive. Song Seung-heon (When A Man Loves) has confirmed that he’ll be taking on his first 19+ erotic film, called Human Addiction, the new project from director Kim Dae-woo of The Bang-ja Chronicles and Forbidden Quest. Jo Yeo-jung (Haeundae Lovers) will be reuniting with the director to play the heroine.
The movie is set during the Vietnam War, where Song Seung-heon plays a superior officer who falls in love his subordinate’s wife (Talk about an abuse of power. Just don’t tell me he sends the guy off to die on purpose!) and Jo Yeo-jung plays the wife who falls for Song Seung-heon. The two have a torrid, scandalous affair, since this is an erotic melo after all.
Historical erotic melodramas are certainly a retread for Jo Yeo-jung after Bang-ja Chronicles and The Concubine, so I see exactly why she was cast, even if it feels rather repetitive. This’ll be new territory for Song Seung-heon, and I guess we’ll have to wait and see whether it’s a good career move or a bad one. Somehow I don’t think Song Seung-heon in less clothing will be considered a bad thing by anyone around here.
Once it completes casting, Human Addiction will start shooting in October for a release next year.
- Song Seung-heon considers erotic melodrama
- When A Man Loves: Episode 1
- Song Seung-heon in When a Man has Better Luck on the East of Destiny
- Song Seung-heon made of wax
- “I’m discovering that acting is fun”: Song Seung-heon interview
- Haeundae Lovers: Episode 1
- Jo Yeo-jung’s Stroke of Good Luck
- I Need Romance: Episodes 1-2