Han Ye-seul courted for a return to dramaland
It’s hard to believe it’s already been two years since Myung-wol the Spy and its backstage drama, but it looks like Han Ye-seul is ready to put all that behind her and return to television. There’s a whole new crop of stories linking her to a drama in the works called Shooting Star, though everything remains loose and vague at least for now. Still, she must be gearing up for a comeback of some sort if she’s back in the casting stories.
She’s reportedly considering for now, and news about the drama itself remains vague. Shooting Star has yet to find a network to call home, but is rumored to be slated for a March broadcast on MBC. Officially, MBC says nothing is decided. It would explain the production’s eagerness to sign Han Ye-seul, if getting a big named attached will score them that timeslot.
Despite her Myung-wol walk-off setting her back, I am hoping she recovers and returns to television regularly. I don’t even like her dramas that much, and I know she’s not on some one-woman crusade to change industry standards (even though don’t you wish she were?) but I really want her career to recover, so that speaking up or walking off a set doesn’t set a precedent for killing a career. Anyhoo, suffice it to say, I’m rooting for her to make a comeback of some sort, preferably in a drama that doesn’t make me tear my hair out in aggravation.
If all goes well, maybe it’ll be this coming spring.
- Uhm Tae-woong and Han Ye-seul drop The Dog
- Han Ye-seul returns to the big screen with Uhm Tae-woong
- Movie Review: Penny-Pinching Romance
- Penny-Pinching Romance sets premiere, releases teaser
- KBS speaks about Myung-wol the Spy’s future at press conference
- Myung-wol the Spy unable to complete shoot, to air special
- Myung-wol the Spy: Episode 1
- Han Ye-seul returns to TV as a spy
Tags: Han Ye-seul