Time to scour your brains for more drama recall! Here we go…
- I feel like I should know the answer to Lindsay’s question, but it’s eluding me…
I can’t remember if this was a movie or a super short mini drama but it was about a boy who spent his night out on the streets to avoid his father. At first he fights to be left alone but he soon get the attention of local gangs and even has a street name. At the same time a man working as a bartender sees him and sees himself back in the day and mentors the boy. The boy starts fighting less for survival and more to get to the top. His friends were a small bit of comic relief but it’s mostly a dark movie.
Note: The boy had a really cute face, not a fighter face to me. He liked his mentor’s niece? He or one of his friends may have been or be in a Kpop group. It’s fairly recent, last 5-7 years maybe?
Please help with a cherry on top!!!
- holly asks:
Hoping for your help in trying to remember a drama. I watched this recently and I think it is pretty recent drama. It is either Korean or Taiwanese.
I remember the main female character going on vacation and meeting the main male character. A memorable scene was where they had to dance in a competition to win a prize. The prize is a signed CD. In the end, only the main guy and girl are left. And they have to dance in a hula hoop. It looks like the girl wins but then the guy lifts her out of the hula hoop and wins.
Does anyone know which drama this is?
- ShenaBeana’s question:
I have a horror movie I watched in about 2002-2006ish about a girl who moves into an apartment building that’s haunted (of course) all I really remember is the residents have a curfew and if you don’t make it on to the property on time you die (surprise).
There’s one scene where this couple is super poor and they show them getting ready to have dinner and they cut their wrists and drink each other’s blood, but they’re not vampires (unfortunately).
- Christine remembers a number of details, which should help:
Thank you so much for taking requests like this. I saw bits of the drama (possibly movie, but I’m pretty sure drama) I’m looking for while my parents watched it in the late 90′s/early 2000′s. I was only about 10 at the time so I don’t remember much, but I do remember:
- It was set during the Korean War.
- The main guy ends up serving along with some friends.
- While the main guy is alone on patrol in a forest, he comes across a North Korean soldier. Both of them have their guns pointed at each other, but then realize that they’re old friends. So they happily put their guns down and walk along a beach catching up. But far off in the distance, the main guy’s friends see what looks like a North Korean soldier holding their friend at gun point, so one of them shoots the North Korean soldier.
- I hope I’m not mixing dramas up but I believe there was a scene where the main guy and his friends try gum or eat chocolate for the first time. An American soldier gave it to one of his friends to try.
- Again hope I’m not mixing dramas up, I think there was a scene where one of the main guy’s friends gets shot in the back of his thigh. There’s no doctor around so they dig the bullet out themselves and then cauterize the wound.
- I don’t remember much about the main girl except that I think there was one lol
- Ha, I recognize Stephanie’s drama and she remembers a pretty good number of scenes from it. Also, I can’t believe it’s been as many years as it has!
Thank you for doing this section, I’ve read a few of them and it was fun. ^^
I can’t remember when I watched it, but it’s somewhere between 5-8 years ago. The girl is rich the guy is poor. She is a brat. He works hard to take care of kids, I forgot whose kids they were but I don’t think they were his. She gets into an accident and loses her memory. He takes care of her and lies about her identity. I remember her loving jajangmyeon a lot and being very messy, destroying her pristine image was funny.
- Before amnesia, an auction. The rich girl basically places an absurd amount of money on an art piece. There was some argument between the leads in this scene but I cannot remember what it was.
- Before amnesia, the rich girl gets her car stuck in the mud at the side of a highway on a rainy night. The guy helps her and lets her into his van. She, however, mistakes his mannequins for some murder or rape or whatever and freaks out.
- A little boy gets disregarded or something by his teacher for his art. The rich girl (after amnesia) critiques his teacher’s art and basically brings her down. She then encourages the boy who of course believes her ’cause she has background in art appreciation and uses all the technical terms. She says that he has a very good sense of colour or something along those lines.
- I think at the end of the drama I remember a jam and them getting out of their cars and reuniting among the cars or something…
That’s literally all I remember. I think there should be a second male and female lead to complete the square but I cannot remember their existence.
- Name That Drama: The vague edition
- Name That Drama: So many pregnancies
- Name That Drama: Ghosts and graves
- Name That Drama: Swans, birthmarks, radio shows
- Name That Drama: Burnt rice, models, and secret laboratories
- Name That Drama: Subway pranks, makgulli, and high heels
- Name That Drama: Choco pies, buddy cops, and bad attitudes
- Name That Drama: Non-K-drama edition