Yay, I can’t wait to watch Park Bo-young (A Werewolf Boy) tear it up as a high school jjang. Throwback ’80s movie Hot Blooded Youth is getting ready to premiere next month, and has released a set of teaser posters for the foursome who will rule the school. The posters are fantastically retro and comic-booky, featuring our four lead characters: two school jjangs, one casanova, and the new girl who shakes up the whole town.
The new teen romance movie comes from director Lee Yeon-woo of Running Turtle, and is set in 1982 Choongcheong-do. It’s described as a small-town romance story about the time in youth when everything runs hotter and blazes with more intensity. Park Bo-young stars as the badass jjang who rules the entire district and is famously known as a loyal gangster. Her one weakness: legendary casanova pretty boy Lee Jong-seok (I Hear Your Voice), on whom she has a burning one-sided crush. Awww.
Kim Young-kwang (Good Doctor) is the boys’ jjang, and he’s in love with Park Bo-young who won’t give him the time of day, and bitterly sits by watching her pine for Lee Jong-seok. But then everything changes when the new pretty girl Lee Se-young (I Miss You) transfers from Seoul. Lee Jong-seok goes after her immediately, which Park Bo-young watches with a broken heart, so then Kim Young-kwang decides to win the new girl over instead. Pfft. Worst plan ever. It basically puts the two boys at odds, and then Park Bo-young has to come and save the day. Love it. Can we get the drama version in 2015? Pretty please?
Hot Blooded Youth hits theaters in January.
- Lee Jong-seok and Park Bo-young start shooting Hot Blooded Youth
- A potential movie romance for Lee Jong-seok and Park Bo-young
- Lee Jong-seok considers new medical drama
- Lee Jong-seok and Seo In-gook swim for gold
- Character posters for The Face Reader
- I Hear Your Voice: Episode 1
- Park Bo-young up for image change in new film
- Movie Review: A Werewolf Boy
- Park Bo-young’s Unidentified Video looks at 2012 release