Yoo Yeon-seok scores another film role opposite Park Hae-il
When it rains, it pours? Yoo Yeon-seok (Answer Me 1994) is raking in the movie offers apparently, because here’s another for the based-on-a-true-story movie The Informant, opposite Park Hae-il (Aging Family). The film is about Hwang Woo-suk, the biotech professor of Seoul University who infamously fabricated experiments in stem-cell research and purported to have successfully cloned human embryonic stem cells, only to be discovered as a complete fraud.
Park Hae-il is being courted to star as the controversial professor, a man who was internationally published and lauded as a pioneer in scientific research, eventually charged with fraud and embezzlement for having made up all of his findings. He earned a doctorate in medicine but chose to be a veterinarian instead, and then went on to become a renowned researcher until he was found out in 2006.
Yoo Yeon-seok is up for the role of the titular informant, the person who discovers the professor’s fraudulent activities and becomes the key to proving the case against him. It sounds like a smart game of cat and mouse, made all the more tense by real-life stakes. When the true story is that insane, it can’t be hard to make an interesting movie out of it, right? Directing is Im Soon-rye, of The Best Moment of Our Lives and Southbound.
The Informant is still casting and plans to start shooting early next year. Busy, busy.
- Cast of Answer Me 1994 in all of the December photo shoots
- Answer Me 1994’s cast featured in Vogue shoot
- Answer Me 1994: Episode 1
- Character posters and intros for Answer Me 1994
- Go Ara and Yoo Yeon-seok headline Answer Me 1994 cast
- Park Hae-il and Shin Mina reunite for big screen romance
- Park Hae-il’s quirky Vogue photo shoot
- Gong Hyo-jin and Park Hae-il in Aging Family
- Movie Review: Bow, the Ultimate Weapon