Joo-won considers folk band biopic
Joo-won is lining up the movie projects lately, so much that I’m worried he won’t have time for dramas in 2014. The horror. Don’t leave dramaland, okay? He’s considering a new movie called C’est Si Bon, named for the hit ’70s-’80s Korean folk band. It’s going to be a biopic about the band members when they were in their twenties, and first starting out. I can see this being a popular nostalgic hit in Korea, and with Joo-won’s musical background he’s a natural choice. I can’t wait to see who else gets cast.
The movie will feature young twentysomething actors playing band members Jo Young-nam, Yoon Hyung-joo, Song Chang-shik, and Lee Jang-hee. They’re known for their sweet melodies accompanied by acoustic guitars, and have been making a comeback in recent years with a few key TV appearances that led to concerts and an entire revival of the live folk music scene. The members are now in their mid-sixties and still performing.
The movie will feature the young musicians when they were just unknowns playing shows at the live-music cafe C’est Si Bon that launched them (and many others), and will feature the actors singing themselves though I’m sure they’ll get doubles for the guitar-playing. The 1970 period movie aspect should be fun. The hair! The clothes! And the music will of course be the highlight. Joo-won is “considering favorably,” and will be shooting his new movie Fashion King in the meantime.
C’est Si Bon plans to shoot in the coming year.
- Joo-won, Sulli take on Fashion King adaptation
- Teaser and posters for chase rom-com Catch Me
- Joo-won and Kim Ah-joong’s new rom-com Catch Me
- Joo-won in talks to take on Fashion King (no, a different one)
- Joo-won to quit 1 Night 2 Days
- Good Doctor: Episode 1
- Joo-won’s spring shoot for @star1
- Joo-won and Ivy headline Ghost The Musical
- Level 7 Civil Servant: Episode 1
- Gaksital (Bridal Mask): Episode 1