Open Thread #329

Royal Pirates – “You” [ Download ]

Hi Beanies, happy OT!

I gave in and contrary to what I planned I started to watch YFAS before it ended its run. I like it a lot, in fact Song Yi might be my favorite female heroine ever.

Still love Can We Love and A Warm Word very much, watched some Miss Korea and will def continue. Didn’t finish Prime Minister and I, it was always more meh than good for me, so when I read the last recaps I decided to drop it and do more useful stuff with my lifetime like, you know, watch other Kdramas. ;)

Next week I’ll be going to the Berlinale for a couple of days and will hopefully watch a lot of Asian cinema. I’ve already got tickets for two movies that run in the competition, as of Sunday I’ll be able to buy more tickets online I hope. If I am really lucky, I’ll get a ticket for the new Leesong Hee-il movie, whose Baek Ya was my personal festival favorite at last year’s Berlinale. Keep your fingers crossed!

Have a great weekend.

Enjoy the Berlinale!!! And make sure you report back. *so jealous but crossing my fingers for you*

Hoping that Leesong Hee-il's latest movie will make it to the London Lesbian & Gay Film Festival – it stands a good chance, because all of his past films did screen there (including the trilogy last year).

I will report back on the movies I saw. Promised.

Will look forward to it!

Hey Newbie!

Ohh, have fun at the Berlinale!

Tbh, I was constantly checking the program, because I was having that itty bitty tiny bit of hope that maybe they'd show the Face Reader (and more importantly: That therefore we'd get to see its stars *cough* JJS *cough*), but of course they didn't xD

I will have lots of fun! Thank you.

If you are able to see actors up close you realize that they are in a league of their own. Those I were able to see even looked better in RL than on screen. It is shocking how much the camera takes away. Lee Yi Kyung comes to my mind. He is just drop-dead gorgeous.

So jealous that you are going to Berlinale! Looking forward to reading your report.

Hi!

Well, in contrary to you. I am kinda proud of my self because I still haven't watch YFAS til now, well, this is the first time I conciously delay watching something even though I want to. Usually I just watch it and then be miserable waiting for subs, then waiting for the next ep.

Ha, ha, I know the agony. I like to marathon a series, too, but if I invest so much time I need to know that the end satisfies me beforehand.
Watching a show live bears the same risk, of course, and if I decide to drop it I'm still disappointed, but somehow, and I know it is not logical, the weekly watching gives me a certain satisfaction and enjoyment so that, when the point comes that I stop enjoying a show and stop watching it I am not as angry as during a marathon. When I marathon I do hardly anything else, so the time invested feels much more. *is nuts*

That's so true about marathoning. I usually got extremely tired afterwards (both physically from not sleeping, and emotionally spent), that even after the show is done, I still can't do that much. Addiction… *sigh*

My mortal enemy is dissapointing ending. Either way I watch it, I'll hate it if the ending is like 49 days (marathoned it) or 1994 (watched it weekly).

Oh, yes. I got tired of watching a show, even one I liked a lot, only to find out that in the last episode, or the last 15 minutes, it seems like everybody is out of character, and I suspect the writer + director changed.
Or things that make no sense.
>_<

ah, so lucky, great festival my friends tell me.

Terekest.
Ilus ilm täna. Nice weather today.
So this time I decided to present my diary of randomness written during the week.

Friday. Embroidering, watching an idiotic movie about princess something weight loss. How random. Should have gotten together with the trainer. Or taken him as a male concubine at least.

Saturday. Last day of vacation. There is a hole in my finger from embroidering. Raided the shoe shops with my mom. Saaaad cause I found awesome boots, no 35 /UK3 and they were too big. I only get shoes in kids department... Started re-watching Shut Up Flower Boy Band cause the japanese version is just so blah. I knew I shouldn´t have done it. Addicted all over again, sucked in like cosmic dust. It is 3:04 am. On Sunday already. I still love that adorable bunch of wolf cubs there, it is still the best. Silly to make versions. There can only be one. There is always room in my heart for such characters, even with a few thousand people already living there. Is it not amazing, how many characters dwell in our minds? The mind is like an enourmous palace...

Sunday. Pushed myself to work until I felt like NOW I deserve some dramas. Do you have a drama, old drama, newer, that you love but are afraid to re-watch cause it will suck you in too hard like a black hole? And you cannot stop yourself from marathoning it in one go even if you have seen it many times? Damn. I mean I almost know it by heart and yet still....! hah you know I have some movies as well that I have probably seen 100 times and I still watch them again and again. Most old estonian musical movies. I hate to compare anything to a drug, but.... they are. You know you shouldn´t start, it is a path to sin and yet you go back to them.

Monday. People here doing things that make me regretful the good old slapping is not wide spread in our society. How I would like to punch those jerks who destroy a natura 2000 area for a railroad! Slap! From a chaebol mom to you. Also, our natural holy places development strategy saying they are for TOURISTS. Not for US or for practices held there. Not for traditions, cultural heritage. Their purpose is to be exhibits so tourists can take pictures...of themselves in FRONT of the place. How sick is this? Rapist mentality against nature. Slap! Who is the best slapper in dramas....lets send her here.

Tuesday. Curse you Golden Rainbow. You didn´t have to do it. It was the obvious path and yet, it had no ground at all. It is just not necessary in every motaefin drama. It just felt like a schematic move. You could try be creative and solve it differently! I am not watching any more. I swear. I will delete this series from my memory. No fun!
In other news my ex students from a school where I worked a long time ago, when they were in 4th grade, came on tour (education program). They are 9th graders now. And they recognized me. And to top that, my ex TEACHER was their teacher. Oh man.

Wednesday. Just when I am eagerly waiting for YFAS in the evening, I watched a japanese drama, ep. 1, of Nazo no Tenkousei, which people in comments think will copy YFAS. Well, too early to tell, and it seems way different. It is one of those alien fish out of water stories, not a wise 400 year old alien. But there is a lot of discussion over the remakes and versions lately. YFAS parallel to Starman (japanese) to Starman (USA) to the latest NNT (again japanese). Then Chinese remake of Heirs. Thai remake of ...um, what was it again? Someone...

so what happened in Golden Rainbow? i watched it only upto ep 23 or so(only the OTP parts actually, FFing the others)..do tell me and put me out of my misery

For the first time EVER, this Sunday, I literally yelled curses and swore at my tablet. It's the first Kdrama to EVER make me do that and now most, if not all of my love for Golden Rainbow has died.

Seriously, it hasn't happened to me before, but I went from bubbling hot about a Kdrama to down right wintry and all this without subs. So when I watched it again with subs, hoping that I had missed something along the way, I discovered, I hadn't really missed much.

They had to go that route? Seriously. That Ajusshi was the glue that held GR together as far as I'm concerned. Even amnesia or a coma would have been a better option. Now I'm hoping they can end the series quickly, because I don't think they have enough of a story to last 50 episodes, even with recycled plots.

I agree. and now it is the path of "Your Dad K My Dad!" which is like the worst, worst, worst thing to happen.

curses.

nope, this drama doesn´t exist for me any more. delete my memory as sad as I am.

I was hoping GR would not take me there but it did. Couldn't stop crying over the Dad's death. I loved this character. Why not a coma ? His character helped to make my heart race. Now we have a bunch of confused lairs trying to run the show. Oh lordy where will the writers take us next? Oh by the way someone please find a way to get rid of the brother , his wife and the chunky eat everything son. lol

Wait whose Dad Died JIW or UEE cause if its either 1 I'm soo freaking Maddddddd seriously they killed of Dad y y y ???????

Baek Wons´, meaning Han Joo.
that was just so pointless, unjustified move.

I'd slap along with you (mentally). The same craziness I heard on the radio news this morning (I live in TX, USA), that the money an oil company paid to the state for destroying the gulf area will actually be taxed by the state for it to be used to restore the natural wetland. And the tax would be so large, around $5000. Why?? THe money was meant to restore the area destroyed anyway!! Ugh, that's when I just had to turn off the radio for being too p***ed off.

good thing you did not break the radio. I have been so near doing that lately. those businessmen have a rapists´mentality. You cry NOOOOOOO but they do it anyway.

and the politicians! Some of them are total devils.

"Slap! Who is the best slapper in dramas…"

I'm just watching I Need Romance the first one. There is a poolside scene where the concierage is attacked by a woman and the best friend steps in and slaps her. Great to have a friend who would do that for you when it's not in your own nature ... especially if you are at work and have to play nice to rotten customer. I nominate Choi Yeo Jin (the model in INR) as a good slapper.

thanks, pack her up and send her over. gotta get those brutes.

Mysterious Transfer Student is nothing to do with YFAS. The setting is in high school and I do not think romance is a major element either. I watched up to eps 2 and it is quite interesting since the alien is very mysterious.

Any Heartless City (AKA Cruel City) OST fans…

If you are famaliar with the “Wound” (AKA “Hurt”) OST, listen and compare to this Redbull commercial. Do some of the the riffs, chords, and/or notes sound similar to you?

Wound (상처) by Kim Yong Jin (김용진) – Cruel City OST

World Of Red Bull (Commercial) by Pharrell Williams

Love the OST. Reviewed it on my blog!

The only similarities I hear are in the percussion, how beats two and four are emphasized giving it a strange walking feel. But otherwise, difference keys and concepts.

Whenever I come across this particular commercial, I always think of Heartless City {AKA Cruel City} and its' main OST.

Heartless City/Cruel City - omg this was mind blowing and so phenomenal. I've been wanting to see it from all the comments here recommending this show. I finally just watched it over the past two days, and wow was it incredibly acted, and omg the story, just wow. Totally recommend it to those who are hesitant to watch it, definitely a great great show.

Master's Sun - just started rewatching it, and omg my heart still flutters like crazy with these two's acting. And So Jib Sub, his hands is just. . . lol "blush"

Ghost - Did anyone watch it for So Jib Sub? should I watch or skip?

Heartless City {AKA Cruel City} offered something totally different from what you normally get with kdramas. Jung Shi-Hyun {AKA Baksa Adeul/Doctor's Son}, Lee Jin-Sook, Moon Deok-Bae {AKA Safari}, and Kim Hyun-Soo are some of the most formidable, haunting, and memorable kdrama characters.

I've been listening to the OST's from Master's Sun all this week.

I haven't watched Ghost yet.

Heartless City IS different than many shows because it truely depicted the ugly side of the world. And August your right, the characters were so spot on that I will always engender safari, and doctor's son mostly. Not sure if you got the same vibe as me when I initially began it, it reminded me of the American movie, THE DEPARTED, where it shows you the grim side of being an undercover cop, and how bad cops could be much worse than the real thugs in the street. I truly enjoyed watching this series, and I'm sure I'll watch it again in the future for the ending plot and incredible acting. thank you for recommending it.

continued: Someone mentioned it in a previous OT. The US remake of Heirs. Why so many remakes? Are drama writers running out of ideas or just getting greedy to use the winning formula? I think that´s cheating, like doping in sports. Yet somehow it is also an interesting comparison, if only they had their own special accent you know, like, yes, take the formula, but don´t copy. Of course it fuels the imagination and we all imagine our own „versions”. I think my Estonian version would be... the alien taking over the government and turning the whole land into a natural reserve for otherplanetary animals. Looks like human, but builds a huge greenhouse...yet struggles with our difficult language and has therefore trouble wooing the girl he likes. LOL

Anyway, that japanese series seems interesting. I am replacing Gold Rainbow with it. I AM SORRY, JUNG IL WOO! I LIKE YOU, BUT I CAN´T STAND THOSE FORCED SCENARIOS THAT HAVE NO GROUND!

And now Man from the star. Are ALL dramas out to kill us or something? Ahh all the drama and all the life threat blergh GR now this. What, do you have an agreement to pull this at the same time?

Thursday. So. Cmon, PD, you can´t kill him or her or end vaguely like „they moved to a star”.
and then I had an idea for a Superpower Drama Mashup. I take the liberty to borrow a quote from Sakura, who replied my post on YFAS ep. 14. :” Possible Cast: (Just to name a few) 400 year old sizzling hot alien, mind reading puppy noona slayer, robin hood reincarnate- city hunter, ghost repellant chaebol and many more! „ Quote over. I would add some wizards, a time-travelling scholar, ghost detective (who goes Poof! Every time the chaebol touches him), and, well, me. I am superfox after all. But it does definitely NOT include the procecutors´help in YFAS. This guy, uh....Hogwarts,trying to jump through the wall....honey, calm down, you are not a superhero. Sit. Good boy.

But I don´t want to deal with Jae Kyung. Not cause he is evil. But because stupidity is contagious.
Is it not strange how a guy who flipped over tables previously now comments on the internet . what a fall from glory. And also cause.... where did the revenge go? Have we forgotten we are having a situation on edge?

Hwi Kyung! YOU! You need to have your own detective series after this! Like, a la „Angel”! with such characters, korean dramas step on the heels of Doctor Who, Sherlock and Midsomer murders. Amazing guy. I think I love this character more than Min Joon. Or they are equal. That´s the thing: this drama finally does what I was waiting for: every character is strong and has their own moment. This is how I am writing my story as well, well, trying to.
And the end...3...2...1... MELTDOWN.

And Lawyer Jang would SO be invited to Redfox´s Crazy Tea Party. I laughed so much at his antiques Other guests on my party? Hmmm....Do Young, Kang Hwi,...no, wait. I want to invite Park „Woong-Ki” as well, but ... and then Ji Hyuk to sing songs!, and from women, Lady Choi, Gil Ra Im (oh...wait... would it be her or...him), and Tae Gong Shil. And Hye-Sung, You wanna be invited then you need to reply to this post!

so, my post accidentally ended up as two posts 2& 3! sorry!

Have you heard of the Chinese remake of "Heirs"? Siwon of SuJu will be in it. Hmph, must be why he wasn't in the Philippines when SuJu-M had a concert there. :(

It was reported it is NOT a remake, in any way....

I'll bet 2 bucks that it is in essence, anyway.

Reading the plot synopsis it doesn't seem that way. IMO the writer just let the C-Heirs rumours circulate to create a buzz.

yeah I have heard, of course. I feel regret. I liked Siwon in King of Dramas very much, he has this very, sort of, great delivery for comedy. reminds me of some British comedies.
but it only works when there is an actual plot! and Heirs doesnt have one! I am worried....

I have such a crush on Hui Kyeong. If he doesn't end up with heroine (by memory erasing or whatever) I want him with library ahjumma. He is just adorable. I don't want him with Semi. Not that dislike SeMi. I don't dislike her. But I dislike the idea that "if A were not present then B would be in love with C." It's silly...and it is rarely true. Drama-folks ought to dsabuse themselves of that silly hope.

Am wondering what the J-version of heirs will be like. Haven't watched Shark, the j-version of Flower Boy Band, yet.

Uhm, in my opinion, I think that HuiKyeong would be leaving the show partner-less, and at best, there would be a hint with whom he pairs up with, but nothing really concrete. That's just because he's spent Fifteen-Freaking-Years pining and serving SongYi that I don't see him moving on very soon or very easily.

But if he pairs up with BokJa (Ha, what an old sounding name), I predict messy, epic bickering. BokJa would be first blown away by his handsomeness and then remind him that he elbowed her in the uvula in I-don't-know-what-grade and then he'd get all defensive and she'd rant about how hurt she felt that time and... lol, I just imagine them as more the more immature couple, with their school-years shenanigans to feed their quarrels. It actually sounds kind of fun, heh.

Ooh, now there's a couple that would be awesome! lol

I like your idea! :)

I would like Hwi Kyung with Bok-Ja, cause they are both smart, loyal, courageous (what a difficult word!), they aren´t naive and can see through people (well, not like literally, otherwise they´d also be aliens). I think they are very much alike and therefore have at least sworn friend potential, which may lead to lovers....even if they decide against it later and go back to "friends". also likely.

I should think he'd up with the lead actress. How can he not -- good and faithful lover? Man from the star will go back to where he came from and be at peace to leave her with such a man.

Golden Rainbow is so cliche so that only reason I watch must be for Jung Il Woo. The agony is so forced yet how they develop their ending is rather predictable.

Let's Eat; I would like to see the heroine ends with Lawyer Kim. He is soo pathetic to the point I feel very sorry for him. He is decently good looking guy who has a good career but he cannot confess his love for her and whatever he does is misunderstood. poor Poor man.

YFAS: Watched first couple of eps with my ten years old daughter. I told her the main actor is very popular,,, and she said' i can see that but his ears which stick out really bothers me. I cannot help staring at his ears but his ears make him look like sort of alien in this drama, so I guess it works!' Now I cannot help staring at his ears!!

Shisturen( heart broken) chocolatier: This is quite a different type of love story. It does not involve supernatural element or alien. I have so far watched only two episodes so it is too early to judge but the main guy has some love hate for his love. His girl is a married woman who acts cute and used to sleep around. I have seen those girls in my life. Why on earth he falls for the girl is beyond my comprehension but somehow the almost masochism love aspire him to create more interesting chocolate. The whole character setting for the drama is interesting and the chocolate looks divine!

Age of feeling: I only watch it for the sake of Kim Jae Wook.
I really dislike what Yakuza does in our society and I hope that they do not depict them with rosy picture or romantic notion. I do not like the main female actress( Gaya). She is so stiff. Kim Jae Wook and his love interest keeps the mood light despite of all bloody and violent scenes.

Spoiler's alert: I know that the drama eventually kill Pong Cha, he was sexy in his own way and one of few good guys. They killed him too early. Now the only thing keeps me watching is Kim Jae Wook and Song Jae Rim.

King's Daughter SBH; the story is heading to the end but this drama has been so unpredictable so the viewers has no idea how the drama would end. Quite good acting from main characters.

Lol to the distracting ears of Kim Soo-hyun. I'm bothered by them too, not because they stick out, but because his left ear is larger than his right ear by approx. 1 cm / almost half an inch. I can't stop looking and measuring.

King's Daughter SBH - I started watching to shorten the waiting for Empress Ki and I like what I see. Am at ep 20 now.

I thought I was the only one who noticed his ears. The hair stylist could have given him a haircut so his ears weren't so distracting. They make me think of Stephen Colbert (who is not Hot, of course, but talented).

My husband loves Stephen Colbert show so I will watch his show with him to examine his ears next time. I actually think Stephen Colbert is hotter than Kim Soo Hyun!( I know I am the only one in the whole world to say this. Colbert has more funny facial expression than Kim Soo Hyun's and Colbert is brilliant and intellectual. By the way, Jon Steward is handsome and has very sharp mind).

I love Stephen but I've never paid attention to his ears. I'll have to take a look.
Lee Sunkyun reminds me of John Oliver for some reason.

Actually I think Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart are hotter than KSH. I find intellect and humor sexier than abs. I'm probably weird.

Well, I do like my men to be on the Mensa-side, so I'll have to agree with you. I would rather spend the evening with Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert or John Oliver than a man who just worked on his abs. Of course, in my husband, I have both--just no hair anymore. LOL.

It would be sooooooooo good if heroine ended up with Lawyer Kim. Because it would be unpredictable. Right now that law office is full of two women who are clueless -- one is clueless about not being the object of affection and the other is clueless about being the object of affection. Either they both get enlightened or they both don't.

And right now...the viewers are so aware of one character's effort to show his love that we can't really give up on him. The camera keeps turning to him. And I'd like a long-lived love to finally have its day. At least in one k-drama. And at least from the guy's side.

Lawyer Kim FTW! (he is just too cute in his unrequited love.)

AGREE, Lawyer Kim FTW ^_^

Yes! I've been watching Let's Eat, don't go into that show hungry. Sorta like a mystery dinner theater.

Running Man, never change!

i just decided to make some sort of salmon cabbage tomato sauce what-not..all because of this episode.

The big "k-wave" lately, so to speak, has been this whole Meok-Bang fascination, and enjoying to watch people eat–and eat "beautifully". When I read the article on Kotaku (no relation, LOL) I immediately thought about Let's Eat!

That drama has inspired me to get cooking all over again–and to savour the different flavours, cause Lord knows, I have been scoffing things down without really taking time to taste!

Meokja!

Some actors when they appear on the screen my mind goes sort of blank and I stare. Snapping out of it, I realize I was watching a drama and I have stopped reading the subtitles and don't know what is going on because HE showed up. Kim Jae Wook is one of those.

KJW could just stand there looking gorgeous and never speak a word and I would still swoon.

Truly, KJW is swoon worthy. He got his style.

lol at the 'Who are you' reference - but can't argue the truth of that statement!

Hehe...not say a word...hehe. He is flipping awesome.

whaat! I haven´t even noticed his ears! but they do have swoon-worthy sweaters.

Oh dear. It's my own fault. I took a break from watching the latest ep of Age of Feeling to check whats being discussed here. DAMN IT. You even said spoiler too! Whyyyy am I so stupid?! GAHHHH. I was always wondering why he wasn't in the opening credits! AHHH take it back! He was my favorite too...

I can imagine a China remake of Heirs as Rovi has mentioned and as has been written on Dramabeans, but I can't imagine a US remake of Heirs! Perhaps it's just once bitten, twice shy, after that disaster of the US remake of Boys over Flowers, Boys Before Friends, which I posted about on last week's Open Thread, but I can safely say that after they dropped their 2 lead actors I have officially given up on that show. Granted that it was done by an independent production company with very green writers and actors, the whole saga just smelt fishy and seemed unprofessional.

I have not watched Heirs but from my sketchy impression, I think there're some aspects that are difficult to translate for an American audience. I guess this also depends on their target audience and their broadcast platform.

With golden rainbow, I look through Soompi to find out what BaekWon and YoungDo are up to then I go the actual subbed video to watch. 'Cause that's all that series ever good for, seriously, haha. And it saves time. And give me the fluffies!

Golden Rainbow *spoiler* ep 26 Il Woo and UEE kiss - love him to pieces. He's both the cheese and the ham - and I love it!

Rachel -

Wasn't Heirs just a knockoff of "Beverly Hills 90210"? lol

No it's not, it's "Gossip Girl".

Rachel - I also gave up on Boys Before Friends. I was excited for a US version but after watching the four episodes it wasn't what I expected. Too many delays, recasts and it is very unprofessional. The whole thing is a joke.

But still, the sobby and limp heroine is not something an American audience can take, no? Our heroine would have to be a lot more feisty and much less of a doormat.

While we're on thr subject of remakes, has anyone seen the US version of Boys Over Flowes? It's not very good IMO

I think from episode 3 and 4 the show was in a better place. It is a shame that both leads left because I think they were the best part of the show. I watched the spring break episode 0 ,and the first half was really good. The actors were better and you got a real sense of the characters. It is a shame that the second half was just the cast insulting other people.
Its just funny to read the viki comments in each episode. I've had to pause the video because I was laughing too hard to concentrate.

I think the remake would have been better if they hadn't remade Boys over flowers. It is a pretty expensive story to show on film, the location, the lavish lifestyle of the F4. I don't think the budget they had could cover it. But I commend their effort in trying to do this, I just wish the production team could respond appropriately to other people's opinions.

Agree with you Ayan. We all know the drama is low budget so I can look past the editing issues. I applaud them for the vast improvements in filming and I do look forward to Thursday at 10pm (my time) when the show gets loaded; however, I was turned off by the second half of last week's episode.

Instead of talking about the positives of moving forward they kept bringing up irrelevant things. When one of the writers said 'I take full ownership of the bad editing because I hired someone who wasn't good at editing. Since then we fired them.'… that was a big turn off for me. Instead they should have said 'I take full ownership of the bad editing on episode 1.. since then we have spent more time in that area and have seen improvements in episodes 2-5. Bare with us as we continue to make improvements." If they would have focused on saying things in this way, I think they would have come off so much better and probably got more people on their side.

I'm not sure what happened to yesterday's episode (it was never uploaded.) On the Facebook page, it said they were having technical difficulties about 15 minutes after the show should have aired. Again, another opportunity to post something prior to air time to post "we apologize for the delays. we are having technical difficulties. we anticipate that the show will be uploaded tomorrow at noon pacific. we will continue to post updates as we find out more."

I completely agree.It was very jarring to see this lovely montage of the characters interacting with each other, to someone not taking responsibility and blaming people who aren't available to defend themselves. Very unprofessional. It wasn't necessary and the accusations they were making didn't seem to ring true because the crew member sitting with them had an expression that indicated otherwise.

I usually tend to watch it on a Monday, but I'm looking forward to seeing what changes will happen next and how the new leads will interact with the existing cast.

I think the show might have been better if it was filmed as a series of Vlogs with certain scenes being shown on the screen. If Zoey had an youtube channel and was recounting what had happened. For example, the first episode could start with Zoey covered in flour and eggs, and then a flashback to getting the red card, and the F4 etc. Then each episode could be another vlog which would be interspersed with an actual clip. Similar to the Lizzie Diaries series on Youtube.

I agree with you about them selecting a bigger project than they could handle... BOF was way out of their budget... They should have tried Flower Boy Next Door or something you could shoot in someones apartment...
but that being said I'll admitt I watched all 4eps and was anticipating the ones to come (Guilty Pleasure)
Episode 0 or whatever gave off a Real World Confessional vibe and I couldnt stomach watching the whole thing...
I ended up going to Unproblematic of the Problematic's Snark Caps to get the jist of it though...

Yes, I think if I was involved in a project like that, I would choose something slightly easier. Maybe School 2013 because the bulk of the film was set in a classroom. I don't think it would be too hard to do that, especially if you attend a university where there is an abundance of empty rooms. The uniform would be easy too, a white shirt, jumper, black trousers. Things that everyone has in their wardrobe.

I did skip certain parts whilst watching the episode, and I couldn't finish watching the second part either. I would stop watching the show but I'm curious to see what will happen next. I usually clean or do something else when I watch the show anyway. Yep thank god for the Snark Caps! They prepare me for what will happen in the show! :)

LOL the timed viki comments are the BEST part about every BBF episode. I'll be honest, im watching for the laughs. Now i come into each episode thinking its a parody so I'm way more entertained.
My favorite parts were when i actually heard someone yell "cut" in the 2nd episode and also when they switched out zoey after the beauty transformation scene. The experience was so jarring I swear i almost died from laughter.

I was really turned off in their confessions video. It just seemed all too hypocritical how they were blaming others for being unprofessional while they themselves didn't handle the situation professionally either. Im sure if they couldn't explain legally what went on behind the scenes, they would've just exposed the lead actors. The whole "family" and "love you guys" kept getting tossed around and by the end it just felt so redundant and painted on for the audience. Instead of focusing on the improvements and what THEY themselves could offer up, they spent a good 20 minutes reiterating the faults of OTHERS. Some of the explanations were okay, but frankly I was so tired reading about it. Esp. with addressing the haters -- please rise above that.

The funniest part about the video was when they mentioned they read the viki comments. HAHA oh dear, will people be careful in posting comments from now on knowing the cast reads it?

I know! They are so funny, just the right comment at the perfect time. I don't think the comments will stop, but maybe people will try to be kinder?
Either way, I just look on the episode as a comedy show or a reality show.

Yes, I hated it when they kept on saying family and love, after blaming other people...
I admire how much they believe in the show and how hard they are working, but I wish the focus of the episode could have been on that instead of blaming other people. I don't think people should send hate mail to them, its not like they have murdered dozens of people. They had an idea but it didn't match to the fans expectation. Sadly.

ah I remembered, the remake in Thailand was Full House

Is the thai remake of Full house good?

don´t really know, haven´t watched it myself, just seen discussion and people say it is

Ayan - Yes!

Not liking Uhm Taewoong's acting and kisses in Can We Love. /runs away/

Minsu is a BAMF in RM. I mean, everywhere. QUEEN.

Kim Jaewook and Jin Seyeon. The way he looks at her... that is all.

I will never understand other people's tastes. I am not trying to. To each his own. Have a nice day! :)

*goes to drool over Uhm Tae Woong in CWL*

Lol I love him (as Uhm Force), I think he's very charming, but whenever he talks, he frowns. He speaks very fast and I know everyone does that in that drama but for him, it comes off as pretty unnatural. As for kisses, I've never liked them. Or maybe the ep 5 kiss. I particularly dislike eating-lips-up kisses, like the one in Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, A Love to Kill, IRIS 2, Man From the Equator...

Why is he called UhmForce? Just curious. When/Where did that nickname start?

"Uhm Force" derived from Star Wars's "Force" was given to Uhm Tae Woong by his fans in 2005 during Resurrection due to his amazing and charismatic acting. It became very popular and it's not only a nickname only his fans use. It's used everywhere. Other actors call him Uhm Force as well.

Well I can't argue with your assessment of Kim Jae Wook and Jin Se Yeon, at least!

I need to catch up with this show. I Just haven't had TIME. And I want to marathon it...MARATHONING IS AWESOME. I miss it...All these live shows to follow...

None of the coming Korean dramas excites me much, which doesn't bode well for my drama-watching future.

I like INR3, though I wish all the characters would get some friends--some outside life outside of romance and work--you can at least fake it with some writing. but maybe loneliness is a theme they are trying to chase after in the love-starved world.

Still watching Empress Ki... I still skip to the parts with the palace 'cause I still find WY boring. He's upright but boring, and I think that's more of a crime than powerless, childish, etc. I enjoy watching power plays anyway.

Also watching all of the Japanese dramas I mentioned I was watching last week. TW dramas Love Family and Deja Vu.

Korean Culture Note:
Yeah, this week is a cop out, 'cause really, I've been spending a good few weeks typing up Hong Gil Dong and getting used to sageuk speak.

소인 ("I" to royalty mostly, so I tend to translate as others do
and a lot of verbs ending in 라. "업게 하라." for example and "가두리라".

Anyway, I learned the Korean word for "said" 왈 "wal" (the l is a little thicker sounding than "wall" wahl because the tongue is a tad further back than in English. Results may vary by region (including the US) and ability for you to hear the difference. (which is hard to hear.)
So uhh... usage in Hong Gil Dong.
동의 계문(啓聞)이라 하니, 성이 더욱 진노(震怒)하사 ,
"이놈이 각도(各道)에 다니며 이런 작란을 아되 아모도 잡지 못하니 이를 장차 어찌하리요." (I have a rough jist of some of the words, but not idea what is actually says. It's just for demonstration anyway. The only closely bad word is nom, (as in inom) but everyone should know that word by now.)

왈 seems to always come before the comma at the end. Tagging goes at the beginning. I haven't seen tagging at the end of the quote, but that may be because it's an older text.
Then the comma.
Then a complete line return, even if the attached bit is short.
The the quote (as shown in the example)

Other words used in the place of 왈... the less used... 가라사대 which can be used as "quote" as well as to say.

Longer quotes have two returns so there is a blank space in between and no quotes.

I found it amusing since in English we format our dialogue differently.

The King said, "Do you want to go to the cemetery?" <-- American format.

Korean format.
The King said,
"Do you want to go to the cemetery?"
It was a line (very roughly translated) I found in Hong Gil Dong. (Jeju shows up a lot too)

Have to check my copy of Moon and Sun to see if this is consistent. (English title: Moon Embracing the Sun.) I bought the books, two of them and they are *massive* 2 volumes of lots of words. Waa~

"소인 so'in" is roughly trnslated in formal speak as "your humble servant. Much similar to "소신 soshin 'humble servant'", "소첩 socheop 'humble consort/wife'", "소자 soja 'humble son'", & "소녀 sonyeo 'humble daughter'", which serves to humilify oneself if talking to someone greater in rank than you...

I looked it up in the Korean dictionary (ybmallinall[dot]com) and it came up as an archaeic form of I, which of course doesn't talk about usage. But I do prefer using it as "humble servant" "Your humble servant" or servant.

I'm open, however, to the dictionary being wrong. In sageuk translations I've seen it translated both ways.

Thanks Rovi. I'll add these words to my vocabulary list.

Wondrous Beans, I greet you!

Still so much love for the universe right now, but especially, oh especially a lot of love for Insanely Jealous Do Min Joon, Perfect, Perfect, Perfect Cheon Song Yi, and about 9 million people in a certain Inspiring Generation.

Multiple Baksa Adeul feelings by a factor of at least 10 to account for the sheer volume of awesome people in Age of Feeling....and join me in wondering why my heart has not yet exploded from the love I am feeling.

oh yes..everyone in Inspiring Generation is soo good. Why did they kill off the two gang leaders? I loved those two lovable thugs. Why oh why???? But I guess if they were gonna kill off so many people..... This is one drama where I think only certain people are safe...at least til the end.

Dobi gang leader isnt dead, Poong Cha put him to sleep so he could go after SJT himself and not let his leader get killed.

oooh, okay. Thanks! He looked so messed up after he battled all the guys.

****************SPOILER************************

Poong Cha is dead. Boss Hwang was left sleeping in the forest.

Yeah, but Poong Cha is dead. My heart bleeds.

What a tragic ending! But so dramatic :-(

All my favorite people died in this episode, but I guess it's the way the story is written since the story is moving to the next stage.

Wait...I read Paksa in there. I might need to get on this sooner than I thought. i watched the first episdode and loved it. Just...haven't gotten around to watching the rest.

Hi Everybody!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm still not sure, but, I may have to run off from OT in a couple of minutes because I think I'm coming down with a cold. If I do, I'll be sure to visit later and read all of your great posts!

Watched this week:

A Warm Word - Still enjoying this very adult drama, there's certainly nothing light about it. ....... With 10 eps watched so far, it's still up in the air as to how this one's going to end. ....... As I watched this week though, the following thoughts came to mind ...... Sung-soo, seriously, why the attitude? Walking around with the air of indignation certainly doesn't suit you of all people. ....... Mi-kyung, your feelings are justified but you have bad execution and oh, by the way people aren't mind-readers. Yes, Jae-hak should know you better after so many years, but he can't read minds. ...... Jae-hak, you apparently have no grasp of the cause and effect concept. Did you really think that after you were found out things could, in the short run, continue as if nothing happened?

YFAS - This one ...... wow, this one. ....... 5 eps watched so far but I have to say there are shades of greatness all over it. ....... Verrrry interesting characters. ....... I want to know more, a whole lot more, about each and every one of them. ....... Park Hae-jin, I knew who he was and had heard good things about him, but I had never seen him work. Now I know why good things were said.

Prime M & I - I know this has ended but I'm still in the beginning parts of this one. Lee Beom-soo, he appears on screen and just commands attention ..... and with so much charm!

Biscuit Teacher Star Candy (AKA: Hello My Teacher) - While going through the tv channels, I found this one just starting! ...... With Gong Hyo-jin! ....... It's being shown in 20 minute installments rather than a whole hour at a time, so the viewing experience is a little different. ....... Heroine has her hands full but it looks like it's going to be an interesting adventure.

Other stuff watched:

Appa Oediga - Still in the last couple of episodes of Season 1.

Downton Abbey - I know people have complained that bad things are always happening to Edith. Not me. ...... I must be the only one who is still more than a little upset with her for what she did to Mary in Season 1.

That's about it for now. Take care everyone and have a great Friday!

Haha, you're watching BTSC (Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy) on Arirang, aren't you? Mom's hooked, so much we don't finish the local news anymore. XD

Rovi -

Hahaha, yes, on the Arirang channel! ...... There I was, with the remote, just changing channels and there it was, starting episode 1.

Us too...I didn't even recognize Gong Hyo-jin and Lee Yoon-ji, they're so young back in 2005!
Also Kim Da-hyeon~!!! I just saw him when he guested in Happy Together (shocking news: he's married, much to Shin Bong-sun & Park Mi-seon's disappointment)

LOL,, the gank looks so Young . I call them boys before knife.
( before plastic surgery). I saw in arirang to

That show was a total CRACK for me!

Hell My Teacher i saw for the first time last year and its really good. But funny with the whole high schooler being in love with his teacher and the serious trouble their different places, years brings.

The both Gong actors made it work, their chemistry.

Do you know where I could watch it online? Hello my teacher, I've heard it's nice, plus it has both gong yoo, ghj. I've tried finding it online but not sure where I could find it subtitled?

btw off topic, but does anyone know how you guys add this bold font in your comments?

Thanks :)

Begin with the less than symbol

End with a backslash and the greater than symbol

Left off that you need to encase a lowercase b inbetween the less than symbols. To end the bold font, the /b is encased inbetween the greater than symbols.

Thanks August..Let me test

Hello OT!
First of all, shall we talk about Prime Minister And I ending? I feel so disappointed, even more disappointed that the ending has Mirae's Choice flavor. Although the drama did start well before Na Young come.
-Empress Ki. I LOVE Ta Hwan that become more mature! Way to go TH!
-YFAS. Jealous alien is so hot and sexy. So many funny moments in ep 15 although ep 14 feels like extended flashbacks

kanz -

* SPOILERLY *

PM&I - ahh yes, all that lovely skinship gone to waste in lieu of 2 episodes of a horrible mom getting a happy ending, and our OTP getting a frigging politician handshake. BOOO

What...? I... what?!
Does that mean... Should I actually stop watching...? Mirae's Choice's ending ruined so hard for me...
When I started watching PM&I, I was actually a bit afraid to love it too much, just because it was on the same channel, but I thought it was stupid, cause after all the team was completely different and everything, but...

Shadow-chan -

The ending is certainly in character for the PM. They kept him as a consistently upright person.

I think maybe the writers overreacted to the whole dilemma of "is he a bigamist?" by sacrificing his relationship with DJ. It took a jarring misstep to conclude the first wife's story before going back to our canon couple.

They tried to tie up everyone's storylines, but let's face it: I could give a rat's buttocks to whether the brother-in-law ever got happy with his trophy wife, or got some with his secretary. They could have all three drown in a freakish onsen accident that would have taken up all of fifteen minutes, and focused the rest on DJ comforting the kids and bringing their cousin to kendo practice.

Huh... I'm somehow gathering from the comments, that the first wife is actually still alive or something? I haven't watched that far yet xD
Last episode I watched was 13, I *think*...

But I'm curious now and I guess I'll just watch it till the bitter end and throw something if the ending sucks xD

I've only watched up to episode 6 and I've already heard about the ending, but I'm curious also. I just want to see how it all plays out on screen.

Up to episode 13, I loveee PM&I. It just so happened my schedule went crazy afterwards, so I decided to just read recaps…and I'm glad. Cause the ending to PM&I was just…I hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

I'm with you there. Gotta hate that handshake. I was like WTH? Seriously?! Give the lady a hug! You've missed her for a year darn it!

In Empress Ki, Toghon Temur's name is Koreanized as Tahwan? I'm surprised they haven't mutilated Danasri's name...

I think "Koreanized" is an improper term. His name is fictionalized as Ta Hwan. Nowhere in history was Emperor Huizong of Yuan/Toghon Temur ever referred to as "Ta Hwan." Made-up names for our leads to show that the drama is loosely basing their scripts on historical facts. And that's fine with me. :D

Yeah, most definitely. And WAng Yoo's character is definitely fictionalized as, y'know, the real Goryeo king at that time was atotal lech...

Hi all:

Yesterday I was feeling so healthy. I danced around the house to k-drama osts. Still smiling about it. Hopefully am getting a hang on this fibro thing.

Inspiring Generation. Oh my heavens, Song Jae Rim! So hot! My poor aged ovaries! They are all a-flutter. Good Lord, man, what are you doing to me! But yeah, the plot. I find myself forgiving a heck of a lot of coincidences because I love this drama so much. I'm shipping our hero with Ok Ryeon. Because I think the heart of a warrior needs a humble sweet girl to rest on. Right now Gaya is so emptied of heart that I can't see her healing our hero. The near-misses between Jung Tae and Ok Ryeon are confusing me. Is he unable to give her the ring (where or where is it now, anyway?) because he IS fated to give it to her or because he IS NOT fated to? Could work either way in these dramas but if the writer keeps making Gaya be so cold, it'll be hard for us to viewers to give her to the hero. And Lordy, please do not let my Song Jae Rim die. My ovaries need all the help they can get.

Angel's Revenge: Oh my gosh! I'm chomping at the bit, waiting for the revenge to star. But why no glimpse of the baby yet? Tae-jang has got to be the most evil greedy guy I've seen in ages. Am assuming his fiance will lose her baby and somehow Tae-jang will get her to adopt his baby in the orphanage. Heartbreak ahead for sweet completely in the dark chaebol princess.

Wang Family: Dang, Mom! LET IT GO!!!!! Soo-bak, let the man go!!!! And writer-nim, please tell the birth secret already!!! Poor Sedal..suffering so much!

Cool Kiz?? What happened this week? It was blocked in the US.

Still liking Divorce Lawyer. Am not really feeling Emergency Couple although i love Choi Jn Hyuk.

Haven't seen Miss Korea episodes for this week yet. Nor Let's Eat current episode. Nor Hours of my Lfe current episode.

Waiting also for current episode of Lost Days and Paper Moon.

That's about it, I think. Have a great weekend, all.

Dang! Did I forget You From Another Star? Oops. Am liking ths one as well. I wonder if hero can really erase memories. Am thinking maybe he can't but who knows? Sometimes i feel there might not be a happy ending with them together. I haven't seen an ending n a long time where the lovers parted so....yep wondering.

Wondering what next Big Bad has up his sleeves. I got this "Shadow of a Doubt" Uncle Charlie vibe when his parents were discussing him. So maybe he fell, hurt his brain, became sociopathic and killed the family cat...then upped the stakes to knocking off older hyung. That would explain it.

Yeah Im worried for Il Hwa tooooo. Its a shame if he leaves the show this early.

I always loved his characters, good or bad.

I hate that good characters died alreaddyyyy. My heart achesss TT

yeah, I'm thinking this is one drama where one never knows who is safe. Now our remaining characters are all basically strangers in a strange land...even if it's there own land. The gangs were so fully Korean. Now everyone else has conflicted cultural issues and personal complications. Except for Ok Ryeon. She is pure of heart and utterly symbolic of the country i think. I think.

With Emergency Couple, I kind of wish it were over already so I could marathon it and skip all the stuff that's not interesting. I only cheer for the female lead at the moment. Though if I were her, I would probably walk out and distance myself as far as I could from all the ex, his family, the other interns (etc.)

On Emergency Couple, I know what you mean. But I still watch it weekly as of now. Still can't stand the male lead way of talking down and such. And initially I had respected the minister's daughter, but after last week when she came to sit down with Jin Hee during lunch, that respect flew out of the window. For me she's a typical b****y 2nd lead.

I'm still watching as well, even slightly anticipating it, if only because I'm cheering for the female lead character to show everyone that she's actually better than the whole lot of them.

The minister's daughter is just an example of a too perfect and actually utterly boring character to me.

i agree with you on Age of Feeling, i hope the writers don't go the usual route of matching main lead actor with main lead actress, i love jung tae and ok ryung together, she loves him so much that my heart would break if jung tae decides to choose cold hearted Kaya. Also the fact that jung tae doesn't look like he's playing around with ok ryun because he did indeed bought that ring for her and that say a lot about how he thinks of her, he would have even married ok ryun by now if kaya didn't came back to emotionally blackmail him, poor guy is muttering I'm sorry Kaya even in his sleep, i like ok ryun's friend too but like ok ryun i only see him as a good friend to her nothing more nothing less, jung tae and ok ryun ftw!!

To be honest, I think that JungTae's relationship woes reflect the common love-related woes of that time. I dunno, but in my mind, not very many people married who they truly loved then. So many seemed to marry out of obligations.

I feel like JungTae does not love OkRyun yet he understands that OkRyun has done much for him and he is grateful and thankful and feels some sort of obligation to be with her. He cares for her and respects her and he would love her to be happy and would do anything to make her happy. Just that she doesn't stir his heart very much nor is she the one he wants to see the most when in pain, which makes their relationship heartbreaking for me because it's like they're close but yet NOT close, if you know what I mean. I mean, I think that OkRyun will know so much more about JungTae than anyone else, but she wouldn't know everything about him, because try as he might, there's just one part of him that he can't give up, like he can't fully, truly, expose himself to her.

I'm thinking there is a kind of nationalistic symbolc subtext going on with Ok Ryun representing the sanity-one--calls-home. Ok Ryun is softness, selflessness, and womanhood.

Gaya is not of this world in some ways. She isn't rooted in normalcy. One cannot imagine her continuing after the world returns to normal because she never had a place in normality. The many love attempts for Ok Ryun (who is "home") and Jung Tae seem like a strving to get to home and to normalcy..but the war and evil keep getting in the way. This is why I think they are fated for each other...it's as if their love is higher than passion but the passion has to have its day in the sun. The cords holding Jung Tae to Gaya are not cords that can last in real world real time but they are powerful and we have to honor them for the nonce in order for Ok Ryeon and Jung Tae to be together.

I could be wrong though. It could be that the reason JT and OR haven't been able to fulfill their relationship is because JT is fated for Gaya ...and the writers don't want us seeing a hero break his promise (ring) to OR. In that way, we won't see JT as a betrayer. Will see how it pans out.

I just think it'll be hard to make Gaya seem like a woman and not merely a princess. We've never seen her as a korean woman or a korean girl. Only as a girl in Korean male outfits and a Japanese princess. Will see how the writers get this together.

Ok Ryeon is also the new woman emerging from the old era's options for women. I'm not sure Jung Tae can ever appreciate that about her. He can accept the extreme world of Gaya, but takes home or OR (nod to Carole) for granted, even though she is an independent and changing as a woman, too. Is it even possible for JT to settle down in his innermost soul for home? While it may be what he needs, if he only follows what pulls him for the moment, he will never stay still.

So true, Owl:

Jung Tae is kind of untethered isn't he? And now even more so when his gang isn't with him. I think one of the themes is resilience, the resilience of people of the Han..so I think JT will need a good match -- whatever that might be-- to help him into the new era.

Trouble is that avengers rarely return from their place of darkness and Gaya is just so entrenched in bitterness...I don't know how healing she could be for JT or him for her.

But Ok Ryeon is resilient

OR is resilient, but in a way is only shocking in comparison to how others are not. It's frustrating.

@Peeps - I might have agreed with you there, but for the kiss Jung-tae gave Ok-Ryeon in episode 7. That was one passionate kiss - and it's not one you give to a lady you feel obligated to or treat like family. That's a kiss you give to a woman you are attracted to and feel passionate about.

True, since Jung-tae does not reveal a lot with his expressions (I'm not sure if it's Jung-tae the character or just KHJ's deficiency in emoting), so it might be difficult to say, but spending the whole day with someone when you know you're about to be killed says a lot about your thought process and he even bought her a ring. So, reading his actions, one would say that he had romantic feelings towards her.

But at the same time he feels a tug towards Gaya, maybe guilt, maybe obligation, maybe first love or just attraction. His heartfelt, sincere words to Shinichi - that he wanted to make Gaya laugh, because watching her laugh made him laugh, without knowing why. I wouldn't count Gaya out of the running yet. It's obvious that she still has feelings for him. Since he was her first kiss/crush. It's being set up for a love triangle or a love square when you count Soo-ok in.

Carole, am I seeing your comments on the KBS World "Love & War 2" playlists? That show has to be the best crack series EVAH. I'm constantly trolling them waiting for new eps to be posted! And to see Kang Suk-woo as the narrator/mediator gives me whiplash after watching him be such a wuss in "Smile Donghae."

I still cannot believe those scripts are serialized from ACTUAL DIVORCE LAWSUITS. Talk about a breach of confidentiality that would never be permitted here in the US. There sure are some messed-up people over in the Korean Court System. *hmpf*

ACTUAL DIVORCE LAWSUITS??? REALLY???? WOW!!!! Oh my!!!! Parents, beauty issues, and greedy in-laws are rife. Then the Divorce lawyer series in Japan is nothing compared to this one. But yeah...so good...and the angst and stress is fnished with in one episode. I love the way different actors recur in different roles.

Have you tried Angel's Revenge? It's 120 episodes and daily..35 minutes..but wow..am addicted.

The 'rotating actor stable' makes me pause as I'm watching and thinking "Wait... that person was a nice gal in the episode prior, and that guy had a limp a few months ago... hunh?" Anyway, a new episode was put up today, so when I get a chance to breathe, you know what I'll be doing!!!

I have Angels' Revenge on standby for now. When I had a working television, I would watch the dailies as they aired while doing chores. I should have the chance to catch up shortly, but I hear it's pretty awesome so far. Woooo!

oooh, gonna add the new epi of Love and War to my checklist, along with last weeks CKOTB...if youtube allows me to see it.

PS If you like comedies, I'll recommend Fasten Your Seatbelts on gooddrama.

You're right on about the nationalistic subtext of Jung-tae/Ok-ryun vs. Jung-tae/Kaya. Age of Feeling is unlike Gaksital, where it was screaming nationalism...here, it's a little bit restrained (though you can see it with Dobi Gang and Ilgookhwe). I, too, think he should end up with Ok-ryun...Kaya is cold-blooded, robotic and definitely not one to be Jung-tae's significant other.

And yes! I think Song Jae-rim is awesome as Il-hwa, though I fear for his life after what happened to Poong-cha x/ But he's so skilled that I'm hoping he won't suffer the same fate.

I still can't believe Min-joong doesn't know! There's only 3 ep left, right?? It's a bit like AM1994, dragging it along for the ratings x/

i just hope Aunt doesn't have to do another noble idiocy thing. She's stronger now. Maybe she'll fight to keep her man.

Happy Friday OT, everyone!

My disappointment with the ending of PM&I was more than made up for with the skinship of CWL.

CWL - I can't say that I'm really caught up in the teenage angst of the 'perfect' family, but I do feel sad for President Ahn. He seems like he would be a good dad. And Sun-mi, despite her age, needs some growing up. Girlfriend's #1 Rule: Don't Poach!!. #2? Don't Sulk!!

The episodes of YFAS this week - can next week come too soon??? Aneyo!! I'm not sure how it can be resolved to a happy ending, but I wondered about the emphasis on the weird antibody in SY's blood. Maybe a genetic link? I'm grasping at straws here.

Does anyone know, though, if there is to be any disruption in the schedules due to Sochi 2014? I remember a few hiccups during the Summer Olympics two years ago, when the networks did a last minute scramble of their lineup.

I am completely captivated with ,b>Full House Thailand! The leads are likeable, the female second lead hasn't degenerated (yet) into a shrew, and the story is flowing smoothly. 8 episodes are english-subbed so far.

I'm looking for a good recent medical procedural -any thoughts? I went through my records and realized the last one was over a year ago - the JDorama Code Blue series - and I'm in a mind for a good medical drama.

Elsewehere, I've managed the first episode of Age Of Feeling, but with my head cold, I couldn't concentrate on the people. I'm hoping to marathon it next week after the durn stuff clears my head and goes to torture someone else. Anyone other than me think the cold virus is linked to increased sales of aloe-infused tissues? :-)

I hope everyone is fine and healthy, and dodges my sneezes. lol

Shukmeister -

Regarding the Code Blue series, I was changing tv channels the other day and they were showing Season 2 episodes .......... did you watch all the seasons or just the first one? ...... I honestly have no idea how many seasons there are or were but I could've sworn I read there was also a Season 3.

On a different note, wishing you a speedy recovery on the head cold. ...... I'm sneezing up a storm over here, I think a little cold is coming on. Blah.

Hey korfan!

Yeah, its the gift that keeps on giving... lol

I watched two seasons of Code Blue. There wasn't a third season when I watched it previously, but it has been a while. I'll have to look into it! It had pretty decent authenticity for the health care; at least the blood was the correct color, and not bright pink. lol

*laughing* about the correct color comment!

@korfan and shuk:
you must have some verrrry spicy soon doo boo to blow out your colds! everytime i feel a sore throat or congestion coming on, i eat either spicy thai tom yum talay or soon doo boo. the chilies/spices work wonders!

give it a try...