Kim Myung-min considers A New Leaf
Will we finally get to see Kim Myung-min (King of Dramas, Beethoven Virus) again? MBC’s A New Leaf is the first new project we’ve heard of in connection with the talented actor since he dropped out of movies Himalaya and Kang-ho’s Childbirth Story last year — a shame, as just the thought of the latter’s premise (he would have played the pregnant male lead) had me in stitches.
Of course, both the actor’s team and MBC were quick to note that nothing has been confirmed. The actor last appeared in SBS’s King of Dramas, which finished its run over a year ago.
A New Leaf will be about a cold yet successful lawyer who suffers from amnesia after a sudden accident, and his struggle to find his true self in the following days. Production on the show is currently casting both male and female leads. It sounds like an all-too-familiar story, but if anyone can rock a tired trope, Kim Myung-min, with his hardcore acting approach, can.
Choi Hee-ra (Golden Time, OB-GYN) is slated to write — evidently, she wasn’t forced into early retirement after bashing the cast of Golden Time in late 2012. Park Jae-bum (Scandal, I Miss You) will direct, and the show is expected to be a Wednesday-Thursday drama, airing after Sly and Single Again ends in mid-April.
- Kim Myung-min, Lee Min-ki drop Himalaya
- Lee Min-ki set to challenge Kim Myung-min in Himalaya
- Kim Myung-min eyes based-on-a-true-story film Himalaya
- King of Dramas: Episode 1
- Kim Myung-min becomes King of Dramas
- Kim Myung-min wraps marathon movie, chooses disaster next
- Kim Myung-min races in Pace Maker
- Kim Myung-min and Han Ji-min pair up for Allure