Dae Jang Geum watch: Lee Young-ae still undecided on sequel
Sooo… remember when it was announced that Lee Young-ae had agreed to reprise her famous Jang-geum role in sequel drama Dae Jang Geum 2? FUNNY STORY…
Lee Young-ae recently gave a television interview with a Chinese broadcast outlet wherein she said that she hasn’t quite decided yet. Way to jump the gun, everybody-who-jumped-the-gun-and-announced-she-was-in.
In her words: “Knowing that people are still very interested in Dae Jang Geum in China to this day gives me a happy and rewarding feeling. Because it was so beloved, I feel quite a lot of pressure. In order for a good Season 1 to have been possible, the writer, director, music, and other conditions had to all work well together, which is why I am deliberating the prospect very carefully. I haven’t been able to make the decision yet.”
According to Lee’s representatives, she received the synopsis with writer Kim Young-yun outlining the new story with Jang-geum in the role of the teacher, this time, rather than the student. And despite reports that the schedule was fixed(ish), according to them MBC has not yet confirmed the schedule for Dae Jang Geum 2. They are still hoping for an October broadcast.
Via IS Plus
- Dae Jang Geum watch: Director procured, never mind, no he’s not
- Dae Jang Geum watch: Lee Young-ae agrees, October goal set
- MBC greenlights Dae Jang Geum 2, puts brakes on Unprecedented
- Cha Seung-won considers drama return in Unprecedented
- Queen Seon-deok, Tree with Deep Roots team returns with new drama
- Dae Jang Geum 2 in the works again (really, they swear)
- Dae Jang Geum sequel confirms production plans
- Lee Young-ae in talks for Dae Jang Geum sequel
- Dae Jang Geum sequel postponed