Jung Yumi courted for new KBS rom-com
I do adore Jung Yumi (God of the Workplace, I Need Romance 2012), and I especially love her in romantic comedies, so this is great news for me. She’s being courted to headline a new drama called Discovery of Romance (or dating, if you want to be literal), a rom-com that’s planning to air in KBS’s summer Monday-Tuesday slot. After a spring chock full of thrillers, I guess we’re in for a summer of love in dramaland.
The new rom-com comes from writer Jung Hyun-jung of the I Need Romance franchise — she wrote all three installments of the series for tvN, which is, of course, her connection to Jung Yumi who starred in I Need Romance 2012. I’m excited about the team-up, because while the second chapter is probably my least favorite, I like the franchise overall and I’m looking forward to seeing something new from this writer that isn’t just the same formula on repeat.
If she signs on, Jung Yumi will star as a furniture designer who owns a workshop space that she shares with other designers. The story will be about the sudden reappearance of an ex-boyfriend in her life, which sets her off on a search for true love. I guess we’ll have to wait for more details to know if it’s the ex or someone new who’s true.
Discovery of Romance will follow Trot Lovers (which follows Big Man), so that puts the premiere sometime in August.
- Jung Kyung-ho lines up serial-killer movie
- Jung Yumi and Lee Seon-kyun’s reunion in indie film Our Sunhi
- Jung Yumi courted for big screen romance with Yoochun
- Gong Yoo becomes Cyrano Agency’s newest client
- Lighthearted first teaser for KBS’s God of the Workplace
- September magazines feature the two faces of Jung Yumi
- I Need Romance 2012: A review
- I Need Romance 2012: Episode 1
- Gong Yoo and Jung Yumi in The Crucible