Kwon Sang-woo turns private eye for new movie
Kwon Sang-woo (Medical Top Team, Yawang) has confirmed his next project, which will take him back to the big screen for a mystery-crime movie titled Private Investigator. In it, the hero is a book rental shop owner with a passion for mystery novels who used to dream of being a police detective. So when his friends get caught up in a murder case, he jumps in to get to the bottom of it.
The project is based on a script that won in an open screenplay competition back in 2006, and the director will be Kim Jung-hoon of the risque rom-com Petty Romance. It’s difficult to tell from this description what kind of tone the movie will have—will it be dark and mysterious, or cute and funny?—but I’m hoping it skews lighter, because that description of Kwon’s character sounds quirky and amusing. And while Kwon is pretty comfortable cranking out high emotion and wringing tears in melodramas, I do like when he’s tackling a funnier role. If only because I think he’s cried enough in dramaland for two lifetimes. Give his tear ducts a break!
Private Investigator is currently at work filling the rest of the cast, and plans to begin filming in July.
Via Star News
- Medical Top Team: Episode 1
- Cuteness behind the scenes of Medical Top Team
- Preview out for SBS’s Medical Top Team
- Kwon Sang-woo considering Age of Feeling
- New drama alert: From Moons and Suns to Medical Top Team
- Yawang’s eye-catching promo posters
- Yawang’s teary-eyed and gun-toting teaser
- Kwon Sang-woo and Jung Ryeo-won in Pain
Tags: Kwon Sang-woo