Ji Jin-hee (Warm Words, The Great Seer) is considering taking one of the leads in the omnibus film, Summer Snow. The anthology movie will include three episodes, and His Chiseledness would star in one of the installments as a cop avenging his daughter.
Sources say that Ji Jin-hee met with director Jeon Yoon-soo (Portrait of a Beauty, Le Grand Chef) and is leaning towards accepting. While the actor has appeared on the big screen in supporting roles over the past few years, this would be his first leading Chungmuro role since Parallel Life.
Kim Sung-kyun (Answer Me 1994) and Sung Yuri (Birth Secret, Feast of the Gods) are slated to appear as a manager and actress in another chapter, and the third section will revolve around a famous boxer, his rival, and the price they’ve paid for fame. I’m normally not a huge fan of omnibus films (often the stories seem underdeveloped and thrown together), but I’m curious as to what the common thread for these three varying plots could be.
Production is still casting the remaining leads and filming is expected to start in the latter half of the year.
- Yoon Seung-ah to play Kim Sung-kyun’s wife in Murder for Hire
- Yoon Jin-yi cast as lead in We Are Brothers
- Marriage angst and partner-swapping in Warm Words
- Answer Me 1994: Episode 1
- Ji Jin-hee considers new drama
- Stills and preview for Sung Yuri’s upcoming Birth Secret
- The Great Seer: Episode 1
- Ji Jin-hee’s Parallel Life