Time to add a lady to The Three Musketeers, the Joseon-era action drama that has cast Lee Jin-wook (Nine) as Crown Prince Sohyeon, with Jung Yong-hwa (Mi-rae’s Choice) and Yang Dong-geun in the mix (and “considering positively”) to play two of the three warriors who protect him.
Joining the production is Yoo In-young, who, along with the rest of her You From Another Star castmates, is enjoying a nice bump in visibility in that drama’s wake. She followed Star with a turn in MBC’s sageuk Empress Ki, and in this drama will play Lee Jin-wook’s first love. However, for a reason the show hasn’t stated yet, in deciding to take up the path of revenge, she becomes his foe instead.
In addition to the third musketeer, there is reportedly one more female lead role left to be cast, which I’m going to guess is the main love interest. Yoo In-young is pretty good at conveying sass, so I do hope the leading lady will have some spark as well; it sounds like the producers are aiming to make this a rollicking high-budget blockbuster, and I want as many of the roles filled by charismatic, energetic actors as possible. Let the fun times roll.
The Three Musketeers is planning to produce three seasons, each with twelve episodes, and will begin filming later this month. It’s planning for an August broadcast.
Via Star News
- Two of three musketeers courted for tvN’s action sageuk
- Lee Jin-wook to reteam with Nine producers in Three Musketeers
- Nine, Queen Inhyun’s Man team returns with Three Musketeers
- You From Another Star: Episode 1
- You’re Here, You’re Here, You’re Really Here: An introduction
- More stills as Man Called God winds up for weekend premiere