Are all the Infinite boys being cast in pairs now? SBS’s pop-music-centered drama She’s So Lovable first cast L, and now has added his groupmate Hoya, whom drama fans may better know as the sweet Joon-hee in tvN’s pop-culture phenom series Answer Me 1997. (Over on KBS, two more Infinite boys—Woohyun and Sungyeol—are acting in the teen romance drama High School: Love On.)
It makes sense that a drama about the K-pop machine and set in an entertainment agency would cast all sorts of idols, and goodness knows there’s no shortage of ‘em in the biz, so I expect to see a whole parade of them in the show. At least the main roles will be filled by idols with previous acting experience, and I found Hoya quite endearing in Answer Me 1997, so let’s hope the acting holds up across the board. Hoya’s character will play the leader of a popular fictional idol group named (snerk) Infinite Power, while L plays the group’s “face.”
On the other hand, it turns out that Im Joo-eun won’t be cast in the drama after all; she backed out citing scheduling conflicts and also a difference of opinion over the character. She had been up to play the part of a sharp, free-spoken director of the entertainment agency who falls into a love triangle with the president (Rain) and aspiring-singer heroine Krystal.
She’s So Lovable will follow It’s Okay, It’s Love and premieres on September 17.
- Krystal and Im Joo-eun join Rain in She’s So Lovable
- Infinite’s L courted to play Rain’s rival in She’s So Lovable
- Rain comes back to dramaland with She’s So Lovable
- Rain considers new SBS drama Song For You
- Dr. Champ, Scent of a Woman producers reteam for SBS
- Answer Me 1997’s cast drops by 1994 for cameos
- Answer Me 1997′s cast to host SNL Korea
- Answer Me 1997: Episodes 1-2