Song Seung-heon up for rom-com opposite Uhm Jung-hwa
Well this is good news — Song Seung-heon (When a Man Loves) is considering a return to romantic comedy, which is frankly where I think he belongs. Seriously, wouldn’t you pay someone to erase his tortured-gangster and time-traveling-doctor roles from your brain and just replace them with more scenes from My Princess? Anyhoo, he’s considering the romantic comedy movie Wonderful Nightmare for his next project, opposite Uhm Jung-hwa (Witch’s Romance) who’s up to headline.
The movie stars Uhm Jung-hwa as a high-powered lawyer who dies accidentally by a mistake of the heavens. She’s given a second chance to get back to her life, but before she can, she has to live a completely different version of her life like a sort of cosmic test. Before dying, she’s a workaholic who knows nothing but her own ambition; in her second life, she wakes up a wife and a mother, and suddenly has to navigate a brave new world as a housewife. If he signs on, Song Seung-heon will play the husband she suddenly gains overnight.
The movie will be written and directed by Kang Hyo-jin, of Six-Shooter Bandits. I actually think Song Seung-heon and Uhm Jung-hwa will make a great onscreen couple, and the sillier they are together, the better it’ll be. I can see them being cute while bickering and vying for alpha status… which of course she’ll win, because she’s Uhm Jung-hwa.
Once it finalizes its cast, Wonderful Nightmare will start filming this winter for a 2015 release.
- Uhm Jung-hwa returns to big screen in body-swap comedy
- Song Seung-heon, Liu Yifei to collaborate in Third Love?
- Song Seung-heon’s anguished love affair in Obsessed
- When A Man Loves: Episode 1
- Lee Beom-soo and Song Seung-heon courted for drama reunion
- Song Seung-heon considers erotic melodrama
- Song Seung-heon in When a Man has Better Luck on the East of Destiny
- Song Seung-heon made of wax
- Song Seung-heon on acting, ratings, and Dr. Jin