I know that Kim Haneul (You’re My Pet, A Gentleman’s Dignity) doing a noona romance isn’t all that new for her, but this new movie sounds like it’ll be pushing the envelope. She’s currently considering an offer to star in the new film Teacher, about a dangerous love affair between a high school student and his teacher.
Strangely enough, this isn’t even Kim Haneul’s first student-teacher romance: Kim Woo-bin had a one-sided crush on her in A Gentleman’s Dignity, and she starred opposite Kim Jae-won in the 2002 drama Romance about a high-schooler and his teacher. I have a feeling that the film version of this setup is going to be way more inappropriate. Uh, prepare to be disturbed?
The movie will be helmed by writer-director Kim Tae-yong, who debuted last year with the critically-praised indie youth film Giant (or Set Me Free), starring Choi Woo-shik. His sophomore outing will be produced by star director Ryu Seung-wan of Veteran and Berlin.
All we know so far about the plot is that Kim Haneul has been offered the lead role as a teacher who transfers to a new high school after suffering a trauma, and there she meets a male student and they share a dangerous love. Yeah, I’d say it’s dangerous all right. I can’t say I’m all that interested in the real-life scandalous version of the student-teacher setup (though I adore the innocent ones with one-sided puppy love), so I hope it’ll at least be a sensitive portrayal of teen angst.
Teacher is still casting and plans to shoot later this year.
- News bites: October 25, 2014
- Jung Woo-sung and Kim Haneul pair up in amnesia romance-melo
- Kim Haneul courted to be Jung Woo-sung’s co-star
- Kim Haneul back with romantic melo
- A Gentleman’s Dignity: Episode 1
- Movie Review: Blind
- Movie Review: You’re My Pet
- Kim Haneul’s minimalist shoot for Vogue Girl
- Kim Haneul and TOP are top contenders for Absolute Boyfriend
- You’re My Pet releases yet another saucy poster