Mercenary prosecutor by day, masked avenger by night
I’m split on the new posters for Masked Prosecutor — one of them is cute and sassy, while the other is generic and boring and makes Joo Sang-wook look like a doctor. Since you’re embracing the silly comedy, you could put him in his crazy vigilante Nacho Libre mask, but instead you choose that?
At least the one where Kim Sun-ah has him in a headlock is cute. The tagline reads, “You’re the Mask, aren’t you?” while the group poster says: “Let’s not go by the law because it makes me angry!” And the stills feature young actors Noh Young-hak (Jingbirok), Joo Da-young (Age of Feeling), and Choi Sang-min (Superdaddy Yeol) playing the leads in their youth.
In the latest teaser, Joo Sang-wook reveals his shamelessly mercenary cover persona by day: a prosecutor whose only concern when encountering a murder is how high-profile it’ll be and how it’ll further his career. He even sucks up to corrupt prosecutor Eom Ki-joon to get ahead.
All of this drives Kim Sun-ah crazy, naturally, because she’s a righteous detective who’s fueled by getting justice and doing right, and she believes that this joker is the worst excuse for a prosecutor there is.
He starts to show his true (er masked?) face when he takes to the streets to get justice with his fists, then conspicuously tells his detective partner: “I don’t think Mask is the culprit.” You are so going to get caught in record time by her.
Masked Prosecutor premieres next Wednesday, May 20 on KBS.
Via Star News
- Choi Siwon cameos as inept thief for Masked Prosecutor
- Oh Snap! Put your hands in the air for Masked Prosecutor
- The prosecutor rips off his robes and dons his mask
- Kim Sun-ah, Joo Sang-wook’s first stills for Masked Prosecutor
- Masked Prosecutor loses Ohn Joo-won, gains Eom Ki-joon
- First script read for KBS’s Masked Prosecutor
- Masked Prosecutor confirms leads, courts Ohn Joo-wan
- Joo Sang-wook and Kim Sun-ah for new KBS vigilante drama