Kim Ji-won cameos as Kim Bum’s girlfriend for Hidden Identity
It’s only a guest appearance, but I won’t say no to seeing Kim Ji-won (Gap-dong, Heirs) putting in some screentime for tvN’s upcoming crime drama Hidden Identity, about a special investigative unit of undercover police officers. Better yet, she’ll be playing Kim Bum’s girlfriend, albeit only temporarily.
Her character is also the younger sister to another character, played by Kim Tae-hoon (whom you may remember playing a sleazy, villainous teacher in Angry Mom). She’s described as having a soft, innocent appeal, though she’s also the woman who “creates a decisive opportunity that transforms Kim Bum’s detective character into a cold-blooded human weapon.”
Um… she doesn’t die, does she? It’s gotta be that or vicious betrayal, and in that case I’m not sure which is better—being evil, or being dead? Maybe I’m missing an obvious Door Number 3, which would be nice for all their sakes…
In any case, Kim Ji-won be busy with a drama series of her own after her Hidden Identity stint is over, since she’s got a role in KBS’s big buzz project Descended From the Sun, set to air later this year. That drama features doctors working in overseas war zones and stars Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-gyo, and reunites her with Heirs scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook.
Hidden Identity premieres on June 16 on tvN. It’s a little strange to launch a show on a Tuesday, but the station will air Episodes 1 and 2 back-to-back that night, after which the show will resume the standard Monday-Tuesday broadcast schedule.
Via Joy News
- Double lives and disguises for tvN’s Hidden Identity
- Flying fists and disguises for action thriller Hidden Identity
- Hidden Identity’s undercover squad gathers for script read
- Oh Snap! Hidden Identity’s hidden message teaser
- Casting complete for undercover cop drama Hidden Identity
- Kim Bum becomes an elite detective for tvN crime drama
- Star cast confirmed for healing romance Descended From the Sun
- Gap-dong: Episode 1
- Heirs: Episode 1