Drama Hangout: Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho
Neighborhood Lawyer Jo Deul-ho began its run last week on KBS, and for such a seemingly human drama, netting over 10% right out of the starting gate is no small feat. Yet another webtoon adaptation in the latest stream of webtoon adaptations, Neighborhood Lawyer stars Park Shin-yang as a former hotshot prosecutor who gets knocked down, but who picks himself back up by becoming the titular neighborhood lawyer, there to help out those in need.
Kang Sora also stars as a lawyer who works for the people, but one who may have larger (and as yet unfulfilled) aspirations. I’ve always loved Kang Sora in roles that count on her to be a little more down to earth, since she always nails being relatable. Even though the wacky tone of the drama may not necessarily qualify as being that down to earth, it’s unusually fun for what it looked to be on the surface.
There also looks to be meta fun galore inherent in the premise, and with the reception the show’s receiving overseas, it’s one worth a look. Though we can’t take a magnifying glass to it, these Drama Hangouts give us the chance to hear from you, the Beanies, on how a show is doing. So, without further ado, let the discussion commence!
- Drama Hangout: My Little Baby
- Drama Hangout: Mrs. Cop 2
- Drama Hangout: Pied Piper
- Drama Hangout: Moorim School
- Song, dance, and the pursuit of happiness for Neighborhood Lawyer
- Neighborhood Lawyer or neighborhood beggar
- Kang So-ra considers human drama Neighborhood Lawyer with Park Shin-yang
- Park Shin-yang up for webtoon adaptation Neighborhood Lawyer