Cha In-pyo, Ra Mi-ran up to play weekend spouses for Laurel Tree Tailors
Cha In-pyo (D-Day) and Ra Mi-ran (Come Back, Ajusshi) are favorably considering playing a married couple in an upcoming weekend drama. The new KBS Saturday-Sunday show is called Laurel Tree Tailors, and is being marketed as a feel-good family drama about a household that runs a tailoring business for men’s suits.
If she signs on, this would be Ra Mi-ran’s third drama this year, after playing everyone’s favorite mom in Answer Me 1988 and then a funny afterlife guide in Come Back, Ajusshi. Cha In-pyo tends to play more serious characters (politicians, chaebols), so it should be interesting to see him headline a feel-good weekend show opposite someone as funny as Ra Mi-ran.
This new drama is brought to you by writer Gu Hyun-sook, who was behind weekend dramas Hundred Year Inheritance and Legendary Witch, and PD Hwang In-hyuk who directed political series Assembly and Myung-wol the Spy.
Laurel Tree Tailors is scheduled to follow Five Children on KBS when it finishes its run in August this year.
- Come Back, Ajusshi: Episode 1
- Dueling press conferences: Descended From the Sun vs. Come Back, Ajusshi
- Answer Me 1988: Episode 1
- Teaser and stills for SBS’s weekend melo Endless Love
- Jung Kyung-ho, Ryu Soo-young, Cha In-pyo for Endless Love
- Kye Baek releases more posters, stills
- From the president’s office in SBS’s Daemul