Open Thread #467

Happy Friday everyone!

Here is your Open Thread, which is here for you to chat about anything you want, whether it be drama-related or not. Nothing’s off-topic here! Spoilers may be rife, so proceed accordingly.

TGIF! And literally, too. So much has been on my mind this week, from exams to papers and proposals...

And sorry about this, but I needed to vent something out that's been on my mind due to some... antagonism that I noticed in a previous rating thread. And I'm sorry to bring it up again, but it's about the Doctors vs. Beautiful Mind war. I know that some people were irritated about putting the blame on fans and the like, but I guess my case is different.

I'm not putting the fault on BM fans, not at all! But my concern is about the Doctors haters who just happen to like BM (and when I say haters, I mean HATERS). Remember the news that BM was cut by a few episodes due to ratings? There were comments that stood out, in which they put down Doctors just for having higher ratings while BM got cut, even though KBS is at fault. And I think the negativity got even worse from there, especially in either the Doctors or ratings threads. Which does bring up the question - if KBS wasn't so dependent on ratings, would even half of the negativity still occur? Maybe, maybe not. But I do feel like the cut is partly responsible.

Either way, I'm trying to say that the hating is getting concerning and I just wish there was some more awareness for it. I'm all for love, don't get me wrong, but I very much prefer that people own up to their hate instead of shoving it under the rug, pretending that it never happened, and repeating it again with no repercussions. It's like my irritation towards the media and court for their pity to Brock Turner and them saying how he could be amazing when the truth is that he raped someone to unconsciousness. As much as I wish it wasn't, hate is real. And I want a satisfying ending to it.

Phew, so sorry for the long rant, guys. Have a happy Jik for your day instead! http://img.theqoo.net/img/ThITB.gif

+100 finally some one brought up the thing that's been bugging me about this discussion.
I find it equally peculiar that now that those dramas are over, people are quickly hushing it up, when the problem should be talked about in order to create a healthier fan culture.

On one hand, I kinda do see why people try to shush it. We definitely don't want another case of history repeating itself again with the Moon dramas airing right now (So far it's very civil, but I would be scared if Moon Lovers got a cut for this reason).

But on the other hand, yes, if this is being brought up it should be discussed in a way so that people who like/dislike certain dramas in the future know how to express their opinion well. Don't want any new people following this website to follow the wrong footsteps now, do we?

I personally didn't catch up on the BM vs Doctors war, but recently I became a BM fan and yet to watch Doctors. But I was reading the latest ratings threads and... it was scary. Sometimes I feel original posters aren't saying anything bad regarding a show, but fans might get defensive and that's when things start to get nasty.

(But really, I blame KBS for the cut. I don't think Doctors did anything to purposely steal the ratings or something)

Let's just respect that each of us has different drama preferences, and let's watch dramas in peace~

That's usually how it goes, unfortunately. The recappers here are definitely not involved with any drama wars (Our dear mary makes sure they don't go too deep, even!), but the comments can get... iffy at times.

And I agree! Hopefully you enjoyed BM without worries~

yeah I hope people can really see that some commenter probably not a fan of other drama but just the hater of the specific drama, the actor or just dislike it for personal reason,

sometimes I looked at some people comment and the more they care about a drama, they tend to write more about it than the other drama they supposedly like or criticise it in small paragraph and rave of other drama they really like, it obvious that the comparison is made solely for making the other one better or other worse, therefore, don't take it too seriously,

it's a weird feeling to believe it but I think it better to answer the question if it has a question but didn't delve into the bad comparison comment,

a comparison is good but many people stop trying to understand other before slamming the "triggered" button,

Come to think of it, I recall seeing comments in one drama that either focus on the other drama or just come to recommend it out of nowhere. Not sure what the point is for that, but it is silly. One comment in a Moonlight recap this week was from someone named "Moonlovers is so much better!" and, as a Moon Lovers fan, I shook my head.

Also I will admit that I... can get sensitive over sharp opinions *a little shameful* but a comparison is good when it's not used just to say "this one is worse/better". And I also agree with answering a question without focusing on the comparison.

sometimes I see comment mention bad things about moon lovers and put something like "moonlight is better" at the end and I was dumbfounded to respond cause it obvious that everything is better than moon lovers in your comment,
or something like "the A drama is okay but B is my crack" then talks about B in more paragraph,
even if your point is legit, I just think it's unnecessary because it's obvious what you preferred by the comment length, it's way better to not put the A drama's comment if the goal is just to make B better, if the point is comparison, make the real one, a good verse and focussed on the topic,

maybe this can't be applied to all of the commenter but some comment is obvious and I hope we can refrain to replied the bait, and sometimes there's so much shade and not all people can refrain their emotion upon seeing it,
so like above, just show the point than bring other drama in the equation if the other drama actually didn't matter

@Sancheezy

With regards to the two Moon dramas, I'm seriously getting tired of trolls, especially on Moonlight's pages. I'm a regular MDL user so I'm always commenting there....but for us, we keep seeing new troll accounts always saying "Moonlight is boring" etc and dropping it to lower the drama eating on MDL http://mydramalist.com/16973-love-in-the-moonlight?cid=1555772

I think it's getting ridiculous really, especially when both dramas are good in their own way. And especially you're enjoying both dramas so it's getting annoying seeing this type of behaviour happening all the time.

Darn autocorrect, eating I meant *ratings

Hahahaha. I was wondering how one eats drama. With silver chopsticks? After an eunuch tested it for poison?

Honestly I think this entire rating war going on between fans is ridiculous.

I understand that when you're part of a fandom you stick through it in all aspects but I don't get the concept of putting another show down just to show that the other show is better.

Although I'm a hardcore Moonlovers fan (unhealthily obsessed for some reason *cough* Lee Joon Gi *coughs*) I've seen clips of MDBC and I find it pretty cute (*coughs* Park Bo Gum *coughs*) and I definitely plan on seeing it once it's over.

Besides I think it's a win win situation for both Monday Dramas as MDBC is the undisputed winner in Korea but Moonlovers is killing it in the international front.

I suppose that's why the war is nowhere near as nasty as BM vs Doctors because Moonlovers is preproduced there is no way it's going to get cut blaming it on MDBC .

(Come on! You can't blame a show for being watched it's like blaming Lee Joon Gi for looking so good that he makes everyone else look bad)

Sorry I had to.

I don't know if I was one of the commenters that upset you by saying that I wished people wouldn't bring up the Doctors Vs BM hate, but I'd like to clarify what I meant.

I wish people won't bring it up not because I want it hushed up, or ignored, but because I believe hate begets hate. So bringing up events that made people upset previously generally rehashes the same emotions for the ones who were previously angry as well. I don't think by bringing it up repeatedly, you will get an apology from the "Doctor Haters" that you seem so upset with (or get them to own up).

Also, the current contentious dramas are not BM and Doctors. But during these non related dramas discussions, some people will comment and say "oh this is just like the hate between Doctors and BM" and then more people will add fuel to the fire. So that is why I said I wish people wouldn't keep bringing it up.

I fully agree that we should all be civil and participate in healthy discussions. But I believe we can do that without bringing up unhappy events from the past, and also by more importantly not adding to existing contentions. We can however nicely remind people to stay civil, or just ignore the ones that seek to sow discord.

Just my 2 cents and I'm sorry if what I said previously upset anyone. I have only ever wanted dramabeans to be a happy place.

Oh no, sorry about that, I was just saying overall in that thread! I'm not a finger pointer, don't worry!

When it comes to awareness, I definitely don't think bringing it up multiple times would help. What could help is how people handle it when it happens to be brought up, like discussing on how future drama fanbases can learn how to express their love in a better way. It can be an effective way to make sure there's more civil discussion rather than going "he said, she said" on it.

As for the haters, I know that no hater feels regret over hating, it was just wishful thinking on my part. But hey, maybe a year or later they'll think "Wow, was I that bad? Why did I do that?" Unless they're like the abusive parents in kdramas where they think they did nothing wrong... *shivers*

But yeah, the dramabeans community definitely deserves to be a civil one without any scary stuff going on. We want more people joining us, not fearing us!

Thanks for your very level headed and sensible reply ?

I understand where you are coming from as we all don't like it when the shows we like gets hated on. But if you think about it, it's even more sad that most people on DB who haven't watched will see these comments now and know about Doctors and BM more as the shows that people hated on than for what they really are. And both shows deserve so much better than this.

Have a good weekend! ?

Oh no, I wasn't accusing anyone! Now that I read your and some others POV, I get it now. I'm all for peace and everyone may love their preferred dramas without the fear of getting bashed or called brainless
Anyway sorry for inconveniencing ˆˆ

"I wish people won’t bring it up not because I want it hushed up, or ignored, but because I believe hate begets hate. So bringing up events that made people upset previously generally rehashes the same emotions for the ones who were previously angry as well."

THIS^ I get that some people feel need to give their 2 cents about the fans war and whatnot, but I think enough is enough, bringing up a sensitive issue to get a point across isn't going to get the point across, but more hate. I try sooooooo hard not to comment on things that really gets me defensive, because by commenting, more hard feelings will be formed, and we'd unintentionally hurt each other simply by saying too much.

I think maybe it's time to let the Doctors v BM thing go. Both dramas have been over for weeks and most people have moved on to other dramas. Whether you speak up on Doctors v BM is not going to change anything except generate more inflammatory feelings. It just takes that extra bit of self-discipline and control to not mention the "war". Just praise the drama you like, recommend it if you wish, and move on.

I also really do not see the relevance of comparing this to the Brock Turner issue, which is way more serious and has societal repercussions - people *should* speak up on this issue and raise their concerns in the hopes that important changes can be made.

It was just something that I needed to vent out. Bottling up your irritation can only get you so far (and moving on is easier said than done, ok?) I'm probably not going to bring it up again. Though I will say that I hope it brought more insight as to how it should be perceived (and maybe it did?)

I'm not comparing the two issues directly - I'm just saying how my feelings and reasons for feeling that way for both are similar. And my concerns for both issues just happen to be for what you said in the last sentence - change. I want improvement, even if it costs the rage of other people.

I understand it's difficult to let go, since I've been through this process many times and there is no easy way to do it. The thing is, I could say plenty of things on Doctors v BM, but none of it would be pleasant, and I have left DB once because some people were just incredibly nasty and illogical. In this case, "thrashing things out" will change nothing. There is no template on how one should express opinions in fan wars - frankly, if people can't be civil, which is basic, then things can and do go out of control. Change comes about when all parties actively work towards wanting that improvement, and I recognise that you are trying to help improve things, but to be honest, I was a little dismayed when I first read your post because it was deja vu and there were bound to be people who would jump on that chance to to slam BM - in previous OT and other threads, there was always just that one or two uncalled-for comments on BM that really came out of nowhere.

Well, now I'm rambling, ha! Sorry about that chunk of text. This is why I think we should really move past it. I will admit it's been a struggle not to respond to every anti-BM comment on DB, but that would just have resulted in me being nasty and I'm trying to be nice.

^this

I think you and michykdrama expressed it well why bringing up past fan wars is a bad idea. The bad behavior in past wars were caused by irrational fans. Bringing it up multiple times to "review" proper behavior won't change their minds because those fans were illogical by nature.

Meanwhile, the only ones who will apologize are the decent fans who have been apologizing from the very beginning.

Every time the bad fans are brought up, the decent fans have a choice either to (1) apologize for others faults, or (2) ignore the comment to avoid another war but let other readers think "oh, there's no reply, that statement 'BM fans are bad' must be true".

Of course the ideal action is (1). But after maybe a year and the 20th time of having to apologize for someone else's stupid actions, it just becomes a tiring topic. And it will come to a point where you will just choose (2) and be ashamed for liking a wonderful show and hide your love for said show.

This is not to mention that the bad fans won't choose (1) or (2) but go with the hidden option (3) which is to restart the war.

So you see, bringing it up repeatedly has a low chance of fixing things and a higher chance of inviting more fights.

I think that if one's intent is really to teach proper commenting, one can do it without bringing up past fan wars. Just say, "Hey, it's not cool to blame another show for your show's low ratings" or "You can like your show without hating on others".

It's simple advice, it's timeless, and it works without painting anyone unfairly as a bad guy.

To the comment above me - if you were saying in general that bringing it up multiple times wouldn't help, then I would agree - but like I said earlier, it was just something I wanted to get out of my system. Don't worry about me ranting like this again.

As for my intent, who says I haven't been tackling things at the source? I tried my best to respond to a few harsh commenters in some posts where they try to go too far. Haven't gotten a bad response from them ever since~

Believe me, I'm just as tired as you when it comes to the whole shebang. But bottling things up isn't how I roll, you know?

I'm not making assumptions about your commenting history. How can I know all the comments you post in the past?

I'm just commenting on this thread where you say that you want to bring up past commenting wars to discuss proper way of commenting. And I'm saying that in my opinion, it's not the best way to teach comment etiquette.

Of course if you say that you just want to vent or let out bottled up feelings, then do so by all means.

But if you're mixing up the venting with the intention of teaching others how not to act, you won't get the results you want because the haters will continue to hate and the decent fans will be tired of being lumped together with the bad fans.

I'm just saying that don't be disappointed or surprised when your effort to teach using the past commenting wars turns into another war. If we use the past wars as an example, people can't help but choose sides. But if we use a general rule of civility, people will feel more neutral. You said you already did this and it had better results (the trolls stopped replying) so you know that it's true.

See - that's where I think a few people are misunderstanding my rant. I'm definitely not saying that wars should be brought up again in order to make amends. It's just that at the off-chance when it does happen to be brought up it'd be best to steer it in a different direction before things get nasty. That doesn't mean I encourage bringing up previous incidents, not even close! Just wanted to improve approaches to it, nothing more.

Heal The World
Make It A Better Place
For You And For Me
And The Entire Human Race

Can't say much about both dramas because I dropped them, but it's a shame that Beautiful Mind got cut, it was a pleasant watch. People can't help comparing anyway and get defensive when it involves something they really like.

"Heal the World" One of my favorite song from Michael.

:D :D :D

I feel about this the way I feel about most of the "hate" that appears in forums: it is totally misdirected. It is wrong to direct it against competing shows--they are what they are. It is wrong to direct it against stations--why should they not care about ratings when profits from advertising keep them viable and funded?
I wish it were not so--I usually happen to like those shows that barely make 2.0% and am always afraid of cuts. Also I tend to not like dramas with huge ratings--for different reasons, I ended up not liking Doctors, Yong-Pal, DFTS or even Moon that Embraces the Sun. But I won't rage against them. At the end of the day, these things happen because of what people CHOOSE to watch. It is a result of majority taste. Now, I can definitely question the taste of viewers that make the ratings for shows I consider bland, boring, repetitious or downright nonsensical. But at the end of the day who am I to question what people feel like relaxing to at the end of the day?
I wish that fewer of my shows got cut off and really feel bad for actors, directors and writers whose jobs seem--to me--stellar and meet with indifference or contempt instead of admiration just because of ratings. But let's not hate others for what they enjoy watching. We should always be wary of dispensing judgment and hatred without knowing other people's circumstances, but judging what they like on TV seems just unnecessary.

I will also add to the first comment by Andee-

This forum used to be so much fun but now has become place of actress bashing. People over hyping the actors even if they are mediocre or should I say especially if they are mediocre and insulting actress.
It bugs me especially since everyone here claims to be have an open mind.
I guess woman is woman's worst enemy but the misogynist approach to actresses here is off putting.

I doubt anyone would care about i have to say but stop hating and take a moment to consider if your Oppa is sooo much better and the actress in question has improved or not.
Not all the actors that gets all the love is amazing they are medicore at best and not all the idol actors are that bad. Actresses are not given much to work with anyway, dramas focus more on actors.

one example that comes to mind is Yongpal when actress took center stage in the second half the drama, most viewers thought they ruined the story just because Joo Won was not getting enough characters.

SO blame the viewers as well they don't actress taking the main role either.

I pity actress that get stuck with the like of Joowon, Lee minho, taecyeon etc knowing that these actors are not awesome either but they will be getting he hate anyway.

I am not saying that all the actress getting hate are good but not all actors getting over praised are good either, mostly they all are mediocre but I cannot believe the reactions in this forum these days.

I guess I'll still read the news about upcoming shows and ignore the comments which is a shame since I used to like this forum and appreciate the amount of work administrators are putting in it SO thank you for that.

This!

Agreed *sigh*, the criticism towards actresses is not even constructive. It's always like 'I'm not sure if she is going to be able to pull off' or 'oppa deserves better lead...'. There are certain actresses (and actors) who do need improvement, but it's so unnecessary to bash..

Umm, I think I should clarify this once again since you replied something the same on my comment elsewhere. I was not bashing or putting down Kim Yoo-jung, I think she's already an outstanding actress for her age, I was talking about micro exp that I love so much on Park Bo-gum and wish to see the same on Yoo-jung, since when is expressing one's opinion and preference get so lost in translation and be interpreted as hating? I do hope though that you can be sensible in your rant, because not everyone is eloquent enough to get their msg across.

@maryxiah
I am only replying cause you seems to have taken it personally my two different comment on two different post was more of a generalization not specifically targeted to you.

1st comment was about Kim yoo-jung and many people aside from you commented unfortunately I replied to the comments triggered that was followed your initial comment. (won't be doing that again)

My 2nd comment is in open thread and I was trying to address the general dislike actress are getting recently, yes everyone is free to express their opinion So I wrote my opinion it wasn't targeted at you.

I have been a long time silent follower of this website and thought the environment is starting to get negative here. It where I come to relax and read what other people who have similar tastes like me have to say. But these days its more of attacking and defending environment not relaxing.

Anyway I have no intention of singling out anyone, I have no problem with anyone heck I don't even know anyone here but I enjoy reading everyone's opinion just thought we should try to create more peaceful environment.
Hope that clears stuff for you I will go back to my lurker mode. Peace.

Umm...I hope you don't get me wrong, but I'm replying again because I think it'd only be polite if I apologize for my misunderstanding. I'm sorry.

Concerning Kim Yoo-jung, I don't know what you've read, but I went back to read and everyone defended Kim Yoo-jung on that post, clearly, no one was bashing her or in any way belittle her, though I can't say much for other actresses.

I do think the comment section has been getting a little too heated lately, but not replying to those negative comments actually help more, because imagine how 1 defensive comment can invite more unwarranted hate. I want a peaceful environment for a good read too, but I guess you can't control what people have to say. Let's just be civil and enjoy the reason why we came here in the first place--talks about drama.

Good day to you.

I initially liked and followed Doctors until the plot got so stale and unbearable that I dropped at episode 18, but I have yet to watch BM. I never understood the fanwar though, because one show's popularity can't be blame for another show's lack of buzz.

Actually the last 2 episodes wrapped up things nicely. Maybe you should finish it...
I thought it's a really good moral lesson at the end

Watched them both (started with doctors, but picked up BM out of curiosity) and albeit both dramas were a bit lacking, they still managed to intrigue me enough to stick with them Just like SH and MDBC, they both had their strength and weaknesses, but it's a shame that BM got cut, it's rude to the actors and crew... but it wasn't doctors viewers fault, and doctors viewers were not 'brainless' *no pun intended* either as some commenters (probably haters) made doctors viewers out to...
Rant over, and I'm all for peace and love for dramas ˆˆ

Andee, I heart ya, I read and appreciate your thoughts often.

But I must chime in and say that the comparison of kdrama commenting to a gruesome and despicable rape does not sit well with me at all!

oh boy

hi

Have to pull myself together today, final touches on my pillows for the exhibition they are so damn big I need to buy 80 l of filling for 1 & each costs me around 90 euros.
when it comes to textile material, my spendings compete with Louie.

Watching: Shopping King Louie, Law of the Jungle Indo-China & Mongolia (well... *shy*), Scarlet Heart (FINALLY the episodes are working files ! Yayyyy!), Moonlight. Finished Mari and Me (couldnt watch the sudden last episode. Why did they cut it? I am so sad! I want more cute animals! The white parrot Ae-Gi was so funny: "Boomerang! Boomerang! Boomerang!" Drat!". And being ignored by three indifferent cats was also one of the highlights.

Louie is so funny, but some of the humor in this show is hidden easter eggs that you need to think a little to notice. it is not a in-your-face kind of humor, and I like that. I wont talk about Louie too much, because I already flooded the comments section of Ep 3.

weird but Scarlet Heart is better when they are all sad or angry. The cheerful rushing flock of princes yelling Hae Soo, Hae Soo kind of breaks the bubble.

Moonlight gave me such a fright this week, I am carrying a slight grudge. Stop stabbing Bogummy, dramas. He isn´t some Beijing duck. So I am waiting for that to wear off...if they do it again, they die. I am so glad Moonlight is followed by Louie, it is like a healing pill.

every time I meet a hilarious moment in a drama I am thinking, will I remember it as the funniest ting ever in the future... I grew up on comedies and there are iconic, comical lines I quote to this day. So I wanted to ask, what are the funny moments from dramas through the last 5 years or so that you still remember out of a hat, and maybe chuckle a bit when you remember?

What kind of exhibition is it? I bet those pillows will look gorgeous! (Though imo, the most beautiful pillow is a comfy one lmao)

Also I kinda like the lighthearted moments in Scarlet Heart. Seeing the commercial I was hoping for some positive, sweet interaction between the characters and the first episodes didn't disappoint. But then again, I recall that the series was going to go darker from here on...

yeah some sweeter moments are good, but some are like ... weird. cant help it.

A lot, but one of the most memorable to me is from Master's Sun, when Tae Gong Shil was inhabited by multiple ghosts in one sitting (even a ghost of an animal. But the kid one was funny.)

Drunken Tae Gong Shil is awesome but I still prefer Oh Hae Young being beaten to death by a pillow by her mom in the first episode of OHYA..and speaking of drunken-ess, Oh Hae Young's drinking habits is tops my list for kdrama characters who are most likely to end up in rehab.

Stop stabbing Bogummy, ...... He isn´t some Beijing duck

lol. Why is poor Bogummy being stabbed? I thought Moonlight is doing very well and he is getting all the praises?

I meant literally he got stabbed in IRY (twice) and now here. you thought I was talking about criticism? I have to improve my english

Haha. I think pebble just can't imagine anyone wanting to stab sweetie pie PBG, even in a drama.

oic, it's not your English, just my wrong interpretation. :)

I quite like Bogummy in Reply 1988 and CT too, but not so much in IRY. He is too young, like a small boy for me to be swooning over him, so I don't know if I'm missing out much by skipping MDBC? I'm never a sageuk fan, but I'm now sucked into ML by the greatness of "teacher", since that already takes up so much of my concentration, I could not bring myself to watch another sageuk at the same time.

If you like Bogummy, you can't miss out on MDBC! You can save it for later after ML is over. It'd probably feel like a nice bubble bath to wash away the ML pain and scars. LOL

Hahaha! Yeah just like what we discussed in the recap how it seems Bogummy being stabbed (and other physical pain inflicted on him) seem to be in his contract. While it pained me to see him stabbed like three times in the latest episode, the entire scene was done very well. And yey for Kim Hyung making it just in time before the possible 4th and final stab.

I have a feeling we will see more of such events in the future episodes. It's okay so long as we get to see all three musketeers in action together.

3 Mustketeers! I would love to see more of these fellas in action dramas like that. I was really surprised at how badass the action scene was.

I totally have one of those moments! Greatest Love, when he starts loving on the potato plant and using it as a metaphor for their love. That show cracked me up so much, it's my favorite comedic drama. It's the only one that makes me laugh while just thinking of it.

Greatest Love has a lot of good comedic moments haha I especially like Dokgo Jin and his Ding Dong

Heart... break. lol!

Oh my gosh that too! I think I need to go rewatch that now.

He isn´t some Beijing duck.

I just finished recapping Ep 11 of Three Meals a Day which features some ducks (That Cha SeungWon wanted to turn into Beijing Ducks before they were even born) in Gochang so that cracked me up real bad, HAHAHAHA.

redfox -

Oh my goodness, the stabbing! Don't remind me!

They all did that that scene quite well though.

I actually had a conflicted reaction, first "Yes!" and fist pump cause people were saying fight scenes are not maybe as smooth as they could be, but dang. but then "Drat!"

I would go on Moonlight Strike in protest, but that would be punishing myself...

easter eggs, you say?

Congratulations on finishing the pillows!

Mine:

SPINACH. I remember, though not sure I want to.

Shin Se Gi: "This is invalid! INVALID!", chair wiggle, tie rap, Ahn Yoo Na "Peace!"

Do Min Joon drunken teleporting, "ET"

when Go Mi Nam glued her fingers together

also, Lawyer JJang with a salad leaf on her forehead.

I don't know what spinach is from. But I agree with the others.

Witch´s Romance.

More reason for me to watch it, lol.

Thanks ?

for Kdrama, I tend to remember the couple item, like the cow pillow, the bracelet, the necklace, the outfit

for Jdrama,
Homo Janai - nakatsu
Manhattan Love's story: Gomo, and the letters in love, like A to B to C to D, etc

and the big bang theory when sheldon is sad because other people is stupid and her knocking time with Penny
(and my ship didn't sail)

also community Abed and Troy moments

You shipped Penny & Sheldon? I have a friend who does and we thought she was the only one in the world. Lol

Oh my gosh. Ikuta Toma. Hahahaha!

Most memorable hilarious moments in a kdrama?

SIG's "after surgery" scene in Reply1997. Anyone knows which scene I'm talking about? ? I think I almost peed myself while watching that scene and just thinking about it makes me lol.

Another one is the epic playground fight in PU38.

(Apparently I love SIG doing physical comedy kekeke)

This is exactly what I was going to write. I loved how everyone and their dog knew about the surgery.

Shiwon's mom really sold the comedy in that scene. She was like "Don't worry son I'm sooooo tight-lipped no one will ever know about this!" and then the whole town knows xD

Oh My Ghostess was fun for me, specially the first part when there's a flirty ghost hiding on Bong Sun's body.

Although I'm not a big fan of KMHM, I really like their comedic scenes.

There are a lot of fun scenes in MGIAG too, also Prime Minister and I.

Of course Queen In Hyun's Man, Marriage Not Dating and OHYA.

I also like Master Sun's comedic scenes, and also Healer though it's an action series, the funny scenes there are gold so does Age of Youth though it's not really their main concept.

But I'm the kind of person who finds every little thing funny so...

The flaming hot frying pan commercial in Master's sun always cracks me up.
Also, the scene from Descendents of the sun - when he eats his own funeral rites and the guys think he is a ghost.
All those "epilogues" from Come back Mister, where they show us what happens to the guys stranded on an island. ^^
The scene in shut up flower band when they get punishment points for everything.
In Angry mom: when she hides on the ground from her husband and when that lady makes that ridiculously long jump. xD

ah that frying pan commercial holy shit, that was gold!

omg that frying pan commercial will be forever iconic- i remember that more than the drama honestly xD

I second the no stabbing thing! Three times too many in the latest ep and I hope that's the last of it for this show!!

@redfox: must call you Pillow King/Queen Fox-ie, then! Good luck with your exhibition!

Those KMHM moments were absolute gold (now I must go and watch those fan vids on YT again.

My funniest drama moments this week were in Drinking Solo: the Noryangjin boys bickering is something I never get tired of. The uptight Professor Jin giggling and dancing. And of course, the upside-down kiss!!

Mustn't forget our adorable Bromance Battalion: Joon-ki, Hae-sung, Pil-mo (and Sang-wook) in FantastiC! They've got me laughing and crying at the same time!

The Pillow Queen, hmmm.... the next hit drama from this could be...? Maybe a person who discovers she is a human cushion. she doesnt get hurt and when she gets cut, fluffy filling comes out. (surreal version).
Or a metaphorical version of someone who accidentally meets and becomes a pillow for people at their last limit but it happens so that they dont see her or cant see her either she calls the wrong number, is sparated from someone by a curtain in a clinic or something...
or a terminally ild child who imagines her hospital bed into a throne and the staff as her subordinates.

An accidental human cushion! Sounds like a version of Loss Time Life, where your wish is granted so that you can complete all unfinished business with a bit of "extra time".

Or maybe fantasy wish fulfilment - we're always swooning over our hot oppas and puppies here, going: "I wish I was the chair he sits on, I wish I'm the car he drives, I wish I was that toothbrush ..."!! Morphing into oppa's pillow could have endless possibilities ...

Back to Dramabeans after months, and just realized I miss Open thread with these question games so much!!!

Q: So I wanted to ask, what are the funny moments from dramas through the last 5 years or so that you still remember out of a hat, and maybe chuckle a bit when you remember?

A: I have so many, here are some random moments popped up in my head as I type :)) right now:
- In They Kiss Again, ZS opens XQ's lunch box and no surprise that it looks like a kid made it, he takes 1st bite and eggs has a piece of shell and keep on eating anyway.
- In Reply 1997, when YJ takes SW glasses as she fell asleep with her glasses on and end up watching her sleeping all night, thinking "he thought she was pretty when she got rid of the glasses and that made him start feelings for her, but now, even with glasses, she is still pretty to him".
- In Reply 1997, when SW with her big belly, still comes to Tony's Mom's Restaurant to wash dishes on their opening as a devoted fan, and it blows YJ's head off how she did that as a pregnant woman. =)))
- In Reply 1997, when SW's bestie try to make up by cutting short hair so that SW does not feel alone (her hair was cut by Dad angrily).
- In Coffee Princes, whenever the princes interacts in the coffee shops since they treats her as a boy, and it was much more hilarious after they know she's a girl.
....

Adding all moments of Splash Splash Love that refer to modern days.
- Chocolate - bitter at first but then sweet.
- App on phone to see the stars.
- Love on her jacket as basic writing symbol of Hangul.
- A girl with no glues of Maths at school, maintain her life by teaching Maths to the kings.
- The queen who likes to eat even now and then.
Etc...

I can't stop myself.... Sorry for spamming... :D

I think this is BEST moment so far, come to think of it.
In reply 1997, when Taewoong names 2nd baby of Yoon Jae as YOON SEUNG HO and Seung Ho for victory, and Shiwon's parents are like "Such a great name, but why does it sound a bit familiar" and Taewoong just smile geniunely.

At that moment I want to shout at the screen: "Dont you know? It was the real name of TONY, aka the "monkey" that Papa and Yoon Jae always dislike. It's destiny!!! You guys can avoid Tony around your life.". XD XD XD

Adversity makes or breaks a relationship.

In MLSHR, Wang So without any regard for his own life or whatever political ramification, valiantly drank poison to save Su and firmly stood by her throughout the whole ordeal she went through. This consolidated their relationship. While Wook could only bowed down to familial obligations and just stood by to watch Su suffered, so she came to realize that his promise of taking care of her was only meaningless lip service without any conviction. This broke their relationship. The epicness of MLSHR finally shone through, illuminated by Jun-ki’s fantastic acting as the plot became more intensely emotional.

I believe the majority of people never got to marry their soulmate, they just happen to marry someone who appeared at the scene at the right time. What happens then when that soulmate appears eventually? Is it alright to take the plunge or not? And at what price? Will that craving for a deeply soulful platonic relationship developed into infidelity? OTWTTA touched me deeply in a lot of ways, everything is so beautifully presented, the cinematography, the bgm, the emotional acting and emotive imagery are both subtle yet profound. The anguish and torment in that futile struggle against the temptation to connect with a soulmate who appeared too late is sincerely heart-felt and gut-wrenching. Soo-ah’s delicate sensibility and considerate attentiveness helped to sooth a grief-stricken Do-woo when he mourned for the death of his daughter while grappling with an overly self-serving wife. At the same time, Do-woo’s sentimental tenderness and affectionate concern brought solace to a despondent and distressed So-ah who was sandwiched among a domineering husband, a willful daughter, and a selfish mother-in-law. Their difficult situations created the opportunity for two forlorn souls to meet and console each other. This established their relationship and created an overwhelmingly strong connection between the two. The stirring emotional undercurrent is so strong that it is a matter of time before that dam burst.

In SKL, the fallen angelic Louie was rescued from becoming a street beggar by generous Bok Shil, and when he was accosted, she also got herself beaten up and robbed in order to save him. His greatest fear is being beaten, being looked down, being kicked out and being left alone, and she assuaged these fears by being a trustworthy companion who stayed by his side and even gave him pocket money. This solidified their relationship. SKL is becoming like the typical rags-to-riches drama, it is only a matter of time when Louie claimed his rightful position as chaebol heir, while the simple and pure Bok Shil will struggle to re-adjust herself to be a “candy” overnight, just like in Beautiful Gong Shim and many other dramas.

In JI, Hwa-shin’s cancer brought out the best of Na-ri before him. Her genuine concern and pampering made him realize what he had missed out all these years by feigning ignorance of her crush on him. He now sees what he really wants and this will spur him on to win back the girl at all costs. Similarly, in Fantastic, So-Hye’s cancer also brought out the best of Hae-Sung. A handsome hallyu star pledging his unfaltering love through words and actions, who wouldn’t be touched by it?

Life has its ups and downs, while we should cherish the good times, do not despair even in the face of adversity. Who knows? We may get to learn more about ourselves and what is really important to us when the going gets tough. Haven’t we seen that, collectively, all these dramas have conveyed the golden truth that only true love can withstand the test of difficult times.

We’ve just experienced a 48 hour severe storm unseen in 50 years, with 2 tornadoes swept through the state wrecking havoc and causing an unprecedented state wide power outage. People scampering out of buildings in the storm to get home amid the traffic chaos caused by traffic lights failure everywhere. When night fell, the city was plunged into darkness like the city of Gotham. Everything felt so unreal, just like the train crash in New Jersey is also shocking news. In fact, as humans we are so vulnerable to the forces of nature, calamities and unforeseen accidents. However, it is through braving the storma and the difficult times that strengthen us and enable us to see our priorities more clearly. Here’s a meaningful quote from Japanese novelist Haruki Murakami - “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”

Finally, sharing a song by The Gospellers from Nodame no Cantabile to raise our spirits. Have a great weekend all!

I miss Nodame Cantabile. I watch the anime and then read the manga once or twice a year. I haven't done it this year, will have to watch when all the ongoing dramas I'm watching ends. I love the anime the most, more than the live versions, because the anime/manga can describe in art the music in ways a live action can't.

Hi @Royal, I've not seen the anime version, from the way you described, it sounded quite good though. Apart from Hayao Miyazaki's movies, I hardly seen much of other anime, probably the only one being part of Hana Yori Dango. Compared with the drama version, the anime seemed quite dull. As such, I was not attracted to watching the original anime of drama or movie adaptations. But I would say, I saw the music video for Orange, the manga version seemed more candid, so I sort of understand what you meant when you said that you prefer the anime/manga version of Nodame no Cantabile.

I'm going to rewatch the anime before the year ends. I loved the coloring with the musical moments. It was fabulous and I sprinted through it. This time I want to savor it.

I'll read the manga next. For some reason I have a hard time going back to mangas.

Where do you watch it? Is there a good internet site where you can watch all the Japanese anime?

Hi @Purple Owl, how are you? Hope you are more or less getting used to your new academic term. No matter how much you do not like a phase of your life, please just hang in there, and it will definitely get to pass, and when you look back, you will wonder why you were sweating over the small stuff. Hwaiting!!

I watched it on YouTube a couple years ago. I know the first episode is there but not full screen for copyright. I'm pretty sure the 1st season is on there.

I try to watch on Crunchyroll if they have it, because then some money goes back to Japan and the creators. And good news! Crunchyroll & FUNimation just made a deal. I don't know what that means yet but I'm looking forward to more potential content. One day I will be able to afford a Crunchyroll account and get all those benefits. At the moment Viki & DF get priority.

My term is getting more comfortable. My professors are awesome and that helps a lot. Thank you for the prep talk and reminder. This part of life my be challenging for me but it will help me be the person I want to be.

Best wishes for the rest of your week!

Hi Pebble! First, sending love to wherever in Aussie you are, hope you weren't affected too badly. My friend had no power for a while but otherwise was ok, luckily I wasn't affected where I am. My thoughts and prayers are with the many people affected.

Regarding marriage and soul mates, I tend to take a much more pragmatic view of it. I don't believe there is any 2 people who will be 100% compatible with each other. Marriage isn't about finding the perfect one, it is about working hard at staying together with the one you have decided too.
Of course this isn't to say that divorce isn't ever warranted but I strongly feel that if people go into marriage expecting sunshine and rainbows always, then they are in for a big disappointment. It does take 2 to tango though so both parties have to be willing to work hard at it.
I read this somewhere and it resonated a lot with me when my husband and I were going through a tough patch- (I'm paraphrasing from memory) even if your partner is 90% compatible with you, there is still that 10% that we will wish could be different. And we will always meet someone else who seems to fulfil that 10% by having traits that our partner does not. But it doesn't necessarily mean that the new person is more compatible with us, it's just that we see it as such. In other words, the grass always seems greener.

I havent watched OTWTTA but I just wanted to offer this point of view. ?

Have a good week and stay safe and out of the storm!

Thanks @Michykdrama for your well wishes. I was personally not affected much on Wed, the power was restored by 8 pm at home though some areas of the state are still flooding and without power till now. It was more the foreboding of watching the dark clouds moved in so swiftly, the howling of the wind and the complete blackout that followed, the sense of emergency when everyone walked down the fire exit and the chaos out on the streets when people streamed out from everywhere that was overwhelming. Last week, in OT I just read @maryxiah talked about how a blackout caused her to miss the last ep of Winter Love Song 10 years ago. I was laughing at her experience, and then, this happened to myself! On Wed night, I was fretting while cooking on the gas stove in the dark with a torchlight, my mobile went flat, modem couldn't work, no internet, no drama, and I felt like I was deprived of my greatest entertainment of the week, ep 11 of MLSHR, the recap and comments.. lol.

I understand your take on pragmatism when it comes to marriage, and that scenario of 90% compatibility and the danger of seeking that 10% incompatibility outside of marriage. I think it is the overall mood of OTWTTA which earns the sympathy of the viewers. Their respective partners are loyal faithful partners, but with a callous fault which not only frustrate them but amplifies the incompatibility which drives a rift in both the marriages. I reckon both their partners have been taking them for granted for a long time. It really does take two to tango, the main leads of this drama are at their wits end and are just resigned to that kind of stagnant marriage, while at this time, they meet each other and discover that deep and profound connection between them.

>> I think it is the overall mood of OTWTTA which earns the sympathy of the viewers. <<

Appreciated your analysis of this so far beautiful show, which is similar to the film A Man and a Woman. ONWTTA feels more film-like as well.

I think it's also worth noting that adultery was only very recently legalised in South Korea, so affairs I think carry an extra layer of taboo than how we conceive of them in the West.

@Ren, this explains it, no wonder that beer brewing friend of was so adamantly objecting to them having any kind of affair.

@Ren I'm just curious. What do you mean by "adultery was recently legalised in South Korea"?

@deathbychocolate, adultery was a criminal offence that carried a 2 year prison sentence in South Korea until it was decriminalised in 2015.

Oh.Really? I thought I just misunderstood it. I'm gonna read more on that. Thanks! In case you're wondering bout my curiosity, i'm a law student. Hehe

"Last week, in OT I just read @maryxiah talked about how a blackout caused her to miss the last ep of Winter Love Song 10 years ago. I was laughing at her experience, and then, this happened to myself!"

That's what you get for laughing at other people's misfortune, lol. J/k. Natural disaster can be so frightening, from where I come from, we barely have any, but the last time we have an earthquake here, we couldn't feel it at all (at least not on my side). So thank God for that. And thank God you're ok too. Or else, we wouldn't cross path in this wonderful world of the internet. Hihi.

Hi @maryxiah, glad that we "crossed path" here. :)

Yeah, what goes around comes around, and it comes so quickly without any warning, lol.

Actually I laughed more because the way you described Winter Love Song was kind of humorous, I didn't mean to laugh at the blackout incident itself. Lucky you, living in a place free of all natural disasters!

@Pollyanna, I was searching for OTWTTA OST too, but couldn't find it, probably it has not been released yet, we'll just have to wait patiently.

@SBC thanks for your recommendation, I just checked out the trailer of A Man and A Woman, yeah, it has the same vibe as OTWTTA, and the lead is Gong Yoo, the Coffee Prince, so it is a must watch, but unfortunately it is not available on any drama/movie site, probably due to it being quite a new release, hope it will be made available soon.

@Pebble No problem, I intended it to be a bit humorous. I usually watch my dramas on kissasian (they tend to have bad subs but otherwise ok) and dramago, kissasian have A Man and A Woman, I watched it but I didn't like the plot, such a shame because I love Gong Yoo.

Power Cuts and Power Outages. Power was restored just 1 hour ago in my city.
The concept of Pure True Love is pretty common on Fictional world. But real world is vastly different from what we expect.

I rarely watch Anime. I am more of a reader so i always considered Manga better medium to portray the story and characters. Live Action dramas usually have different human vibes.
I think Actors and Directors have effect on Characters more than what it should be.

But so far i haven't disliked any drama based on manga content.

Hi @CatoCat, it is during the power outages that we realize how much we are relying on electricity for practically everything around us, we are taking too much for granted and without power and all the conveniences it bring, we are incapacitated.

Do you read manga from the internet? I used to read black and white manga comic books when I was young, mainly those shoujo ones, and the more popular ones like Slam Dunk, The Kindaichi Case Files and of course Dragon Ball. I also have a huge collection of Doraemon manga, an obsession from my childhood days. From all these, you can tell how old an "obasan" I am, haha!

However, I don't read any manga nowadays from the internet as I lost track of everything, and also due to my age. But I was quite surprised when I watched that manga version of Mirai MV by Kubukoru, it really does have a different vibe from the live action movie, which could move and touch the viewers in a different way.

Yeah I read manga on various manga sites. I buy my favoruite manga in Japanese. Though i can't read them. So I have kind build a collection of Paper Content i can't even read. That's my way to provide support the author.

I started to learn japanese because i wanted to read my favourite mangas no one was translating. But midway i lost interest. 2 years later i started to learn japanese again and result was i left it midway.

Ahh i'm not into shoujo mangas as most of female and male characters annoy me and sometimes boil my blood. I am mostly into slice of life and sports genre + subtle romance.

Funny thing is Pokemon and Digimon both are quite popular among Male audience. Not only the young one but males in their mid 30s to mid 40s still read and watch them.

Live Action demands much interpretation from Actors and Directors so it has the ability to show you the same story and characters from a new angle and that's why so far not a single manga based Live Action has disappointed me.

You are fan of ADACHI MITSURU?

Thanks for mentioning ADACHI MITSURU @Catocat, I'm quite an ignorant novice when it comes to the world of manga. From wiki, he seems a very famous manga artist with many popular works which are worth exploring. Those manga I read in my youth were more driven by popular demand than by choice, as they were the ones which got translated. I also learned Japanese and managed to struggle up till JLPT2. The motivation came mainly from my love for Japanese culture, novels, pop music, movies and dramas when I was younger. Also, the warmth and generosity of my Japanese friends living in Tokyo also encouraged me to learn their language. It is quite a difficult language to learn and without the environment to use it frequently, it is really very difficult to sustain the interest and regrettably, I've forgotten most of what I had learned. So I can understand why you gave it up two times.

I'm never a fan of pokemon but the more old-school doraemon, haha, and yes, I bought the Japanese version of the manga just for the sake of collection too! :)

Hope you are safe and secure from the storm, pebble. things will start picking up soon. Thanks for sharing that quote, its the absolute truth.

We had massive floods few months back and it was devastating, so many people lost so many of their possessions but I saw something that I have never seen all my life in such display before. Humanity. People helped each other despite being strangers. So, its true everybody came out stronger.

And regarding dramas, in JI right now I just want hwa shin to stop drinking and start taking care of himself. Now that I could see he could be a good person, I believe he ll get some good girl if not pyo na ri, but that can't happen if he dies and also he deserves to live and be happy.

In fantastic, hae sung is so refreshing from other leads, he is a such a innocent and sweet person and he didn't become like that after falling in love with the heroine, he is just naturally that way and not a jerk. And how he keeps going back to her even if she keeps pushing him away just shows his love for her.

@Imbuk, thanks for your well wishes, I'm safe from the storm, and it has now subsided. But it is devastating to the state, and many people incurred damages to properties and businesses due to the tornadoes and the flooding. The lovely walking trails up the hills were severely damaged as the water gushed down the waterfalls, and the dam is threatening to burst in the northern suburbs. We are having a storm coming again on Sun/Mon, we can only pray that the rivers do not overflow else the damage will be unthinkable. That communal spirit you talked about is a great thing, people help each other so naturally during times like that. Here's a very touching video of live performance by visually impaired pianist Nobuyuki Tsujii, who composed this piece of music "Elegy for the Victims" of the 2011 Tsunami in Japan.

I agree with you about Hwa-shin, initially I though he was a jerk, but it seems that he was just acting like a jerk to cover up his own vulnerabilities, he is actually a softie at heart. I like Hae Sung too though he seemed a bit frivolous, he is actually rather innocent and naive.

I will pray for all those people affected to be able to recover soon and hope the coming storm loses intensity before It reaches and glad you are safe.

Thank you for sharing that video, its really touching and kind of mind blowing.

Thanks so much @Imbuk, and let's also pray for the victims of the New Jersey train crash too. Hope those injured are given medical attention in time and can soon recover from the unfortunate and traumatic accident.

Love your comments. So true. Overcome adversity brings people together. Someone mentioned in another thread that Wang So risked his life for Soo (numerous times) and Wang Wook failed to marry Soo when his wife asked him to, then let he live in his home for long enough for his sister to marry her off (to their father no less), as her situation has worsened he's stepped further and further back.

Hi @Lola, many thanks for your comments. In MLSHR Ep 11 recap, what I like most is a comment from @Rina (comment 144) about loyalty, as there are so many comments in MSHR ep 11, I hope you don't mind I'm repeating it here to share with you:

@Rina's comment: The reason So and Soo are made for each other is because they are both loyal to a fault, they have time and time again proved that they will give up everything for the people they love.

My response to @Rina: @Rina, glad that you made the move to post your insightful comments here. What you said struck a deep chord in me. Both So and Su (or modern Ha-jin) had been betrayed by people they loved and had been desolately cast aside to fend for themselves. This probably explains why when they encountered someone who treated them with utmost sincerity and genuine kindness, they appreciated its preciousness such that in turn, they would not hesitate to reciprocate that true love by sacrificing themselves.

Here’s a very meaningful and thought-provoking quote from the Japanese Aikido founder, Morihei Ueshiba, which encapsulated the gist of what we’ve discussed:
Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.

Pebble I'm so glad that you are safe. I have a lot of relatives over there in Australia. Much love you all!

Thank you Kiara! :)
If your relatives are in Sydney, I do not think you need to be worried. Though the storm is now moving towards the south-eastern coast into New South Wales/Victoria, I think by the time it reached Sydney/Melb, it will have lost most of its speed and destructive momentum..

Yes they are mostly at the capital and they are doing fine.

Happy Friday Beanies!

I'm going to have massive DB withdrawl over the next 2-3 days. I'm on holiday and we are heading up a mountain tomorrow- the Husband has more or less confirmed the fact that there will be no wifi/internet- "Of course there isn't wifi on a mountain!"

Now I regret only having 2 episodes of School 2013 that I saved left to watch ?
Though it serves me right I suppose since I didn't contribute to the holiday planning. ?
Which brings me to my question- if you were stranded with no internet somewhere, what would be the top 5 dramas (watched and not yet watched) you would want to take with you?

Also, which currently airing drama should I start once I'm done with School 2013? I'm deciding between Shopping King Louie or K2. Thoughts?

My list!
Watched:
School 2013 (the FEELS)
Down with Love (my ultimate guilty pleasure drama)
Just You (because Puff + Aaron Yan!)
Beautiful Mind (because it makes me think, and Jang Hyuk!)
Moonlight Drawn by Clouds (because if I can't have PBG stranded with me, this is the next best thing)

Not yet watched:
Sungkyunkwan Scandal
Signal
Tree with deep roots
I remember you
Queen In Hyun's Man

Oh and Happy Weekend Beanies!

Happy Friday Michykdrama!
I would like to take these 5 dramas :
I rember you.
My love from aother star.
Pinocchio.
Secret garden.
Kill me, heal me.

You should watch soon the dramas which you have not yet watched cause, all those dramas are surely well written and directed.

Yeah I'm slowly trying to but the currently airing dramas have been great so far- so it's been very hard to find more than 24 hours in a day! Lol.

I'm loving 'Shopping King Louie' so far. Adorable, fluffy. The only downside, in my opinion, is that the world seems a little too against Bok-shil and Louie. It makes me cringe for them sometimes. These two know nothing about being in society, which puts them at a major disadvantage.
'The K2' is intense. Ji Chang-wook has really upped his game since 'Healer'. It's gritty in a way that makes me nervous for the well being of all the characters, but addictive so far.
'Queen In-hyun's Man' and 'I Remember You' are some of my all time favourites, and I can guarantee they're worth watching.

Thanks! Yeah I was thinking that K2 would be more exciting in a heart thumping kind of way. But I'm not sure if I'm ready for that kind of intense ride. Lol.

Just you is one of my favourite dramas too! Aaron yan and puff guo's chemistry will be awesome. Its mostly a "don't think much, just enjoy" kind of drama. But very entertaining!

I have only watched a handful of dramas and most of them are airing right now. So, including just you, I ll probably take healer and sassy go go.

Have fun on your holiday! :)

Yeah I shipped Aaron Puff so hard IRL despite being way too old to be doing this kind of thing ?

Omo! I shipped them in real life toountil I watched the bts and I decided that they couldn't have had the same feeling they had in the drama woth all those people around them. After that , I decided to be content in shipping just the actors' characters.

If dramabeans has taught me something, its that there is no age barrier, we are all fangirls till we decide not to be ( which isn't going to happen) ;)

And I am not watching SKL but the k2 has a dark tone to it and all the main characters are somehow messed up. But its unlike any kdrama I have watched till now, so I am looking forward to it. Hope it sustains my interest despite being not a genre that I usually watch.

Oooh, much more fun than taking a band to an abandoned island with you. My List:

Watched:
W: Two Worlds
Marriage Contract
Signal
The Greatest Love
Love Me If You Dare (Chinese Drama)

Not-Watched:
Six Flying Dragons
Misaeng
Liar Game
The Princess' Man (I've heard good things)
and something really funny. I don't know what though.

Out of your not-watched list, I will def pick I Remember You. You get to watch PBG while waiting for new Moonlight episode, so win win. And this is also one of my favorite drama of all time and it is on the list of 5 dramas I would keep while stranded. Along with Moonlight, Healer, Oh My Ghost, and Oh Hae Young.

On the other note, I have also just finished watching School 2013 and I am contemplating to rewatch 'I Can Hear Your Voice' for some LJS's romance, or giving 'Shut Up Flower Band' another chance (only got up to 5 episodes last time I watched this last year) while I'm in the mood for high school drama.

I'd say go with Signal! Nothing can go wrong watching Signal. But that's just my taste though hihi

Watched:
Coffee Prince
Gaksital
City Hunter
Twenty Again
Liar Game
Reply 1997

Watching:
On the way to the airport (fell in love with lee sang yoon since twenty again and liar game, i can't resist)

Gonna watch:
Oh my ghostess
White Christmas
I remember you
Signal

Gonna watch those on Holiday since, college works are too much, and since I need about a month to 'recover' myself from a drama. Any suggestions, after looking at the type of drama that i watch?

The stranded thing made me think who would I want to be stranded with.

And I pretty much reached a stalemate between Lee Joon Gi, Lee Jong Suk and Ji Chang Wook.

I mean apart from the fact that all of them are insanely good looking each of them will be very useful

I mean think about it, Lee Joon Gi would be a perfect shelter from the rain. Ji Chang Wook 's badass moves is a must for protection , also if no chocolate we have chocolate abs. And after all that is done and I need WiFi again I can just teleport back with Lee Jong Suk to the manhwa world.

Love these questions on OT - realistically I'm more of a city/suburban dweller and it would freak me out not having internet for even a day. But regardless, my list:

Watched:
- Coffee Prince
- Reply 1988
- Its Ok That's Love
- Reply 1997
- Toss up between Squad 38/Signal

Not yet watched
- Tree with Deep Roots
- Six Flying Dragons
- Empress Ki
- Princess Man
- Heard it thru the grapevine - I actually watched ep 1, and while it didn't grab me initially I'm willing to pick it up again since I wasn't in a kdrama watching mood then.

Hey @Mickydrama- hope you have an awesome holiday :)

About K2 and SKL- I have watched both and I can, at this point, be sure that SKL is much better- I love Ji Chang Wook but I had to forward atleast half of ep 1 and 2 because there were a lil too many action scenes, and I fell asleep by the end of ep2. I would still continue to watch it because of him but till now it hasn't caught my fancy. SKL on the other hand is the perfect cute drama to spend your 1 hour on. It made me smile and laugh so much that I had to actually mask my laughter into coughs when sitting around other people!

And my list: Watched-
My love from the stars
Pinocchio
Answer Me 1988
Marriage Not Dating
I remember you

Not watched-
Six Flying Dragons (I will get the time to watch it some day)
Time between Dog and Wolf
Let's Eat
Winter Sonata
O2O

Oh yes Let's Eat is also something I really want to watch as well!

O2O is pretty good, although I suggest using your FF button judiciously when you do watch because it does drag a bit since there are 30 episodes. Oh and read the translated novel (it is pretty similar) concurrently to appreciate the puns and jokes they make better.

And thanks for the rec- I'll let you know if I start watch SKL ?

As someone currently watching Let's Eat, I can attest: you think you'll be strong. You think you'll only watch them eat delicious foods. But you inevitably will find yourself searching the kitchen for something delicious to partake of while you watch. ^^ It's super fun though!

drama after School 2013?

Shopping King Louie : this drama is funny for me but I don't know with other, it has a very innocent to foolish character that only work when I watch it cause Seo In Guk just feel earnest in his portrayal.
The story is sad and an irony, this people choose wrong turn every time but they are a good person that I can't help to root for them,
I think the humour fit my taste

the K2 : I like this because the complicated relationship and the second chance underlying theme, even with the shaky camera and the rotation shot for the fight scene, but I like the pilot

both of this drama just start so I honestly didn't know which one is better,
probably the one that fitted the mood is better,
for a silly fun and innocent thought - Loui
for the humanity and action - K2

Good point Sancheezy. I'll see whether I'm in the mood for fun-filled fluff or angsty action and then decide. Since people say good things about both.

Michykdrama -

Have a great time on your holiday trip to the mountains!

Regarding picking 5 dramas ..... I can't pick just 5! There are so many! Heh!

Haha thanks! ⛰
Actually I had a much harder time picking the 5 I haven't watched yet because I want to watch so many! Lol.

The ones I have not seen, but will probably bring to the island.

Jewel of the Palace --- maybe that drama can help me create a royal cuisine.

Jeong Do Jeong and Conspiracy in the Court -- the segeuk enthusiast, Kiara, have always mentioned this drama. I couldn't watch them since I cannot find them in legal sites.

Sandglass and that other drama of the writer, something Eye --- I just can't skip this one after she gave us Healer

Winter Sonata -- will probably be too makjang for me. But what else is there to do on the island but watch one of the most successful drama in Korea.

**haven't watched them because I cannot find them

My list:

Watched:
-Fated To Love You (since i'm stranded on a deserted (?) place, nobody can judge me for laughing so loudly and crying so badly so much)
-Greatest Love
-Kill Me Heal Me
+ 2 Jdramas
-Legal High
-From Five To Nine

Hard to list my Not yet watched because I desperately need to clear my to-watch list hahah

Was going to add my all-time favourites I Remember You, Master's Sun and The Village, but I wouldn't want to watch something scary when I'm alone.

“Of course there isn’t wifi on a mountain!”

That sounds like a death sentence to me, lol. Don't worry, the dramas will still be here when you come back, and your gif fans are patient as well.

As for drama recommendation, I guess I can't offer much since I'm not much of a finisher, but from what I can remember I finished, Splash Splash Love, Kill Me Heal Me, She Was Pretty, I Remember You, Queen In-Hyun's Man, Wanted (Almost).

Oof, this is difficult...

Watched:
My Love from another star
I remember you
Reply 1988
Oh my Ghostess
It's ok, it's love

Not watched:
Giant
Six flying dragons
I hear your voice
Liar Game
either My name is Kim Sam Soon or School 2013

If I am stranded, I probably wouldnt have any device to play DVDs either. But if I were to, say, move abroad for a couple months, I would take ones I haven´t watched or haven´t managed to finish:
Bad Guys - to boost my fighting spirit
Time Between Dog And Wolf - must have Teacher with me to feel invincible!
Age of Youth - to watch if I happen to get a roommate
Heirs - to remind me there are worse things in life - this drama, when my job starts to feel blergh

and something I have watched before, but I cannot leave it behind - I Remember You.

Ooh, your question got me thinking harder than I thought I would. lol So many good dramas!

WATCHED:
Coffee Prince
Signal
Misaeng
You from Another Star
Reply 1994

NOT YET WATCHED:
Six Flying Dragons
I Remember You
Moonlight Drawn By Clouds
Jealousy Incarnate

I just remembered on my Not Yet Watched list: History of a Salaryman! I've read good things, esp about the heroine ^^

I am so friggin happy that I Remember You is on almost every list :-)))

Instead of catching up on dramas I'm behind, I just waste my free time listening to Suran's Step Step and Moonlight Drawn By Clouds OST songs. Oh my Gat, how beautiful is the soundtrack for Moonlight. And the album covers are beautiful too. Gummy's song for Moonlight gets me straight to the heart more than any past OST song she sang. I also forgot how great Sung Si Kyung is. I didn't realize I miss his voice so much. But nothing beats how lovely Beige's 그리워 그리워서 is. This is the kind of song I want my saeguk dramas to have. I'm the type of person whose mood depends on the music I listen to (rather than the opposite), so I'm always in a good sentimental mood when I listen to these songs.