The wind gets taunting in This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair
They’re really running with the “wind” wordplay for This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair, given that the Korean phrase for “have an affair” sounds like the word for “wind” (baram). First a wind swept through and scrambled Lee Seon-kyun’s papers, and then the wind machine went into overdrive with all three of the drama’s main couples.
In this fourth teaser, the wind plays a more puckish role; Lee Seon-kyun starts asking the internet for advice about his wife’s impending affair, only to have the cafe blare a song, “The Wind Blows” (an Lee Sora song). Feeling the sting, he asks the cafe owner to switch songs, only to be hit with Kim Gwang-seok’s “Where the Wind Blows.” Double ouch.
A little impatiently, he asks for another song switch, and barely gets back to his question-asking when the song switches to Cho Yong-pil’s “That Winter Tea Shop” (whose first line goes, “Into the wind…”). So he tamps down his temper to ask for yet another song switch, returning to his serious mood, only out blares “Your name is Wind, Wind, Wind…” (by Kim Bum-ryong). That’s when he loses it, bolts out of his chair, and bellows.
Aw, poor buddy. It’s not your fault your wife is potentially cheating and the world is rubbing it in. I promise it’ll get better! I mean, I’m mostly sure it’s supposed to get better. This is a comedy/dramedy, right? So we can laugh at painful things like marital spats and affairs? Ha… ha?
This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair follows Fantastic as JTBC’s next Friday-Saturday drama, and premieres on October 28.
- Windswept couples of This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair
- Song Ji-hyo as a world-class supermom in This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair
- A strange wind is blowing in This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair
- Song Ji-hyo to cheat on Lee Seon-kyun in This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair
- BoA cast in JTBC drama This Week, My Wife Will Have an Affair
- Lee Seon-kyun considers teaming with Awl director for JTBC drama