Lee Jong-seok considers using mile-long legs to kick soccer balls in Dream
Lee Jong-seok (W–Two Worlds) may return to the big screen in sports film Dream, but nothing has been confirmed. Dream is the new project headed by director Lee Byung-heon (not the actor). He was the one who made the coming-of-age comedy movie Twenty, which starred Lee Jong-seok’s best buddy, Kim Woo-bin. I’m noticing a trend where Lee Jong-seok likes playing athletes: Olympic sharpshooter for W–Two Worlds, national swimming champion for No Breathing, and now maybe a soccer player for Dream…
About the movie: Dream takes place at the Homeless World Cup. I’d never heard about it before this, but the Homeless World Cup is a social movement that gathers homeless people from all across the world through football, or as we Amurricans say it, soccer. By engaging them in a team sport, it helps empower these individuals by challenging them to build relationships and set concrete achievable goals. Lee Jong-seok has been offered the role of the football athlete who ends up leading the South Korean homeless team.
Currently, he’s in the middle of filming noir action movie VIP, which is slated for release next year. He has also signed on to star in writer Park Hye-ryun’s new fantasy legal drama While You Were Sleeping. If Lee confirms for Dream, he’ll start with his plate full for next year.
- Lee Jong-seok, Suzy in talks to reunite with writer Park Hye-ryun
- News bites: November 5, 2016
- News bites: October 22, 2016
- Lee Jong-seok makes Weightlifting Fairy cameo appearance
- Noir movie VIP enlists Jang Dong-gun, Park Hee-soon, and Lee Jong-seok
- W–Two Worlds: Episode 1
- Comic book collections and dreamlike kisses in W–Two Worlds
- Countdown for W–Two Worlds begins with shiny new posters
Tags: Lee Jong-seok