Lee Jong-seok, Suzy in talks to reunite with writer Park Hye-ryun

Yay, a new Park Hye-ryun drama is on the way! The hit writer of I Hear Your Voice, Pinocchio, Dream High, and Page Turner is coming back with a new drama called While You Were Sleeping, which is tentatively being planned for a spring 2017 broadcast. Park Hye-ryun’s go-to leading man Lee Jong-seok (W–Two Worlds) has signed on to star, making this his third drama with this writer after I Hear Your Voice and Pinocchio. Suzy (Uncontrollably Fond) is currently considering an offer to star opposite him, and if she signs on, this will be her second drama with writer Park after Dream High, which was her acting debut.

While You Were Sleeping is a supernatural romance that sounds like I Hear Your Voice crossed with Oh Hae-young Again—it’s about a woman who can see the future in her dreams, and a prosecutor who fights to stop these future events from happening. The heroine has dreams about unfortunate events that will happen to other people, and the hero is a prosecutor who runs around trying to prevent her tragic visions from coming true. It seems like a terrible curse to only see bad things in the future, but I can see it fitting perfectly hand-in-hand with a prosecutor’s line of work, the same way hiccuping-as-lie-detector worked for reporters in Pinocchio.

Admittedly, one half of the casting news excites me a whole lot more than the other. I love it whenever Park Hye-ryun and Lee Jong-seok team up for a drama, and I would honestly be happy if he just kept doing her rom-coms to the end of time. Since he’s confirmed, I’m already looking forward to the series no matter who else gets cast.

Suzy’s acting, on the other hand, still leaves me cold and I always struggle to connect emotionally with her characters. The one upside is that I liked Suzy best in Dream High, where she got to play a spunky heroine—it’s this writer’s specialty, and it means there’s a chance that I’ll end up liking Suzy in this role. I can’t promise I won’t be sitting here wondering what it would’ve been like if someone else had been cast though. But I’m going to focus on the happy news, because I’ve been missing this writer’s dramas lately, and was especially sad that Page Turner was a measly three episodes long. Next year’s lineup is looking brighter already.

While You Were Sleeping is currently being shopped at broadcasters, and is aiming for a spring 2017 premiere.

Via IS Plus, Osen

Tags: , ,

LJS + this writer = amazing news best early x-mas gift ever

Suzy....look. I liked her in DH but nothing besides that. If she does do it I hope she delivers or I will cry for months b/c LJS and PHR are a golden duo.

LJS name alone have attracted so many fangirls.

I mentioned Suzy to my brothers (who don't normally watch K-drama), and they were already excited. And I came to the conclusion, it doesn't matter if Suzy can act or not, her name alone have attracted fanboys out there.

I just hope they both deliver because I'm not a fan to both. I'm sticking for the supernatural.

UF = 3.5 Billion views in China. #1 rated k-drama in China. I guess she brings in the numbers. :P

(These delusional fangirls just cannot cope with her success.)

lol did you forget who her leading man was?

He's been huge in China since Heirs, UF would have pulled in the views no matter who they cast as a female lead. It's unfortunate they chose to go with, well, THAT.

Hear! Hear! Lol. ?

lol nobody's arguing that she /does/ bring in the numbers- no one can deny her star power and popularity. but what we 'delusional fangirls' are talking about are her acting quality- which is pretty much subpar.

acting chops > star power
esp since he's got enough popularity in china to carry the drama on his own if needs be

+1 for her acting quality being subpar.

When I saw this news earlier today I was ecstatic until I saw Suzy considering the role. Nobody available to lead other than her? I don't hate her but was never a fan of her acting - she just has a stone like face even with her crying. >.<

It's going to be hard for the production company because it's either they cast a talented actress or a subpar actress that will bring in more dough.

If you ask me, I say Gong Hye Jong all the way because I'm one of her huge fan. ^_^

I don't know much about Kdramaland because I'm more into Chinese mainland drama but, if I'm not wrong, Suzy and Yoona are the bomb these days. Or I'm wrong?

Well, don't worry guys. LJS + PHR can salvage this. They are the golden duo remember.

Omg, finally my new fix. I though it was gonna be another YEAR if not more until LJS signed his next drama but I'm so excited it's with PHR and yeah okay it's probably going to be another year when this finally airs but this duo the wait is well worth it.

I can overlook the Suzy casting bit. I never did like Park Shin Hye or her acting, until it was this writer with her and Pinocchio. Hopefully she can work her magic with Suzy in this next show too...

I'm sorry to suzy fans but she lack emotions on her face.i watched UF and was disappointed with her expressionless face when her father died like,she looked like she only lost her wallet.
Specially when KWB died i was like,aww girl?!you can do better than that!there's a dead guy on your shoulder,c'mon!anyone would ugly cry except suzy with tears running down on her expressionless face.smh

"when her father died like, she looked like she only lost her wallet."

*snorts coffee across keyboard*

Didn't watched UF but after reading your comment, I think I saved myself from the worst. Hahaha.

I like her in DH because a youth drama suits her but that's it. I don't want to miss any Lee Jong-suk and IHYV writer's drama because she's the other lead so I'm still in.

Like most idol girls she can do cute and spunky and perky all day long, day in day out, but anything the least bit adult or dark and you get the blankness. It's like life is too good, or they have been too sheltered, for the brain to even go there. Or maybe it's the plastic surgery, too much of it and the face can't even temporarily go to ugly places. Or the idol training, which teaches them to live the cute and perky 24/7. Or maybe a combination of all 3.

". . .when her father died like,she looked like she only lost her wallet."

Who are you to judge? Maybe she really, really, jjinja loved that wallet.

And I just realized this comment makes NO sense at all, but I'm going to leave it on here anyways.

Lmao how did I miss that? Comment of the day. Haha tell me about it. I wasn't sure which part was more stress inducing, the fact that she wasn't crying hard or the fact that kwb's character was dying so miserably.

You guys are just being too silly.

Ending UF:

I agree that he should only take on dramas with this writer alone. They just work. But Suzy....? meh...

Someone in the comments below suggested KIM JI WON,

man, Lee Jong Seok and Kim Ji Won would have been amazing together!!!

now I can't undo my imagination huhu

Keep imagining and maybe our collective thoughts will bring about a change and Jiwon become's the lead girl. hehe

Oh! I call upon thee..
The power of anti casting snarky comments..
To pull a CITT again and make Suzy not take up this drama

Amen!

I immediately thought of her too!
Omg that would be awesome. Someone please grant this one wish.

I would love that. Kim Ji Won is awesome. :D

I find Suzy likeable and wish her success, but being paired with LJS, it feels a wasted opportunity for something better. Kim Ji Won or Kang So Ra would make me much more excited about this. I only watched a couple of episodes of Doctor Stranger, but I was shipping Kang So Ra with Lee Jong Suk so badly...

Anyway, I will watch this even if they pair him with a broom. I'm a big fan of Lee Jon Seok. ?

Lee Jong Seok and Kim Ji Won would be so good together

All of you Suzy haters, weren't you reading her character description for this drama? As long as she just sleeps and dreams, she can pull this off.

*Suzy's fan since DH although that's the ONLY drama of her's that I've seen* XDDDD

LOL, I know that this comment is supposed to say "recipe" but "receipt" is so much funnier to me.

Receipt for disaster! I so want to use this expression instead of recipe now.

I'd like to say something witty like "maybe we can get a refund", but I've never seen Suzy act so I don't want to be down on her before 1) I've seen a sample of her acting and 2) I've seen the first teasers/episode of the drama. There's a lot more that goes into acting than just the actors (producer, videographer), and I want to give her a chance.

...But yes, I will keep the receipt handy, just in case.

Lol... Somehow I doubt it comes with a money back guarantee! ?

Really excited for LJS though and I knew you would be here fangirling cozybooks! ?

Cozybooks - for Lee Jong-seok's sake, I hope it turns out all right IF she takes the role. I enjoy his dramas, and he generally does better when he has a costar who can shoulder the weight of a scene with him.

Unfortunately, based on her past work, that possibility is rather slight.

Nooooooooooo!!! MOTHER EFF!!!! Not freaking Suzy!!! Please for the love of all things good and beautiful in Dramaland!!!!

I think that's the problem - they're doing it for the "beautiful" thing. Meanwhile we would really like for them to do it for the "acting" thing, or the "charismatic" thing, or the "come ON, not Suzy!" thing.

I want to see her as a second lead. Stop throwing her in the spotlight insisting she'll grow into it, allow her to find her feet and experiment a bit when she's not carrying (and currently, dragging down) entire dramas.

seriously, people keep saying 'give her a chance' but she's been given a whole boatload of chances, backed by industry professionals (writers, PDs, even costars) trying their damnedest to justify her casting on grounds other than 'she's popular' and 'we want the PPL money', and she's blown them all.

You'd think they would learn from the experience of UF but apparently not. We're right back to sticking her in the lead of a drama with a high-profile writer and able young costar, in the hope that the "pretty" will cover for her lack of acting ability.

I thought she was pretty good in Dream High and even Gu Family Book. But I thought she was not so good in Big and Unexpectedly Boring. I feel like she's gone downhill, like maybe she took a few lessons from a mediocre acting coach and now she's doing things wrong.

She is super beautuful to look at. Like every frame in UF that she was in was pretty.
However, she really needs to take on second lead roles because she has a lot of learning left to do.

If she does get the lead, I hope she's only has to pull off bright and bubbly. My hope is that she never has to yell, cry, or act upset ever, because she absolutely has not mastered that and it comes across as super annoying.

The second that silent films come back into vogue, I will immediately campaign that Suzy be cast in ALL of them.

But for now - second lead.

lol Suzy is the last person who should be casted in silent films where the actors need to act with their eyes and convey emotions through body language. She can be a doll or a puppet or something.

If Yoona can destroy several dramas before improving her acting skills ins K2 (which still only acceptable level), so can Suzy

Except Yoonas improvement was already visible in PMAI and she was never as bad as Suzy to begging with. I feel like Yoona needs a spunky, energetic, action packed character where her personality can shine, not the emo characters that cry and suffer entire drama. First part of PMAI ,where Dayung was well written , was some of best acting Yoona produced.

Suzy on the other hand had a chance to play emo( Dream High), quirky( Big),spunky and energetic( Gu Family Book) and melo( Uncontrollably Found) and she never showed any range or improvement. Despite being younger than Yoona she has almost as many dramas as her and is still nowhere near 'acceptable' level. People gave her already too many chances, there are other young talented actresses in the industry that get none.

I think we're heading in the wrong direction with that sort of attitude; why not say "let's stop casting undeveloped actors in main leads altogether, no matter how beautiful they are to look at"?

She is marketable and her agency gets their share with everything she does. I do feel bad for her when it comes to acting. Like pogo and others said below, she does not seems to like acting. There is just no passion at all.

My sentiments exarctly: I've never felt such pain reading about casting news.

'While You Were Sleeping' reminds me of...
Sandra Bullock...
and Chicago.

Me too..I thought about that movie (While You Were Sleeping) and I really thought that it is a drama adaptation..Anyway, I loved that movie back then..

I thought it was going to be an adaptation of the movie too from the title. But it sounds miles different. More like Signal than a light rom com.

That's why they need to be extra careful. That kind of genre only works to those who are very experienced actors/actresses. But I know LJS can do it :)

Yeah I also thought it's a remake from the movie. Apparently not.

I love that film!! Gonna watch it again in time for Christmas hehe

Same! I always watch it around Christmas.

And it reminds me of Mary Higgins Clark novel. ?

Just dropping by to say Hi to all beanies. School is taking up all of my time. Still catching up on some series. Missing you all here. ????

Yes.i've read the article about that in ko&*& playground

I LOVE that movie
It's my all time favorite romantic movie

I love this movie so much!!

I watch every single year, is a holidays season traditional, alongside "Sleepeless in Seattle", "Bridget's Jones Diary", "When Harry met Sally" and "You've Got Mail".

Me too. When I saw the title I thought it was going to be an adaptation of the movie. Guess not. I love the movie though. Just in time for a rewatch for the holidays. hehehe

Honestly, I just hope tv stations have learned their lessons with casting. Based from what I read about the plot, the female lead needs to be good at acting emotionally so that the viewers would empathize every bit of emotion coming from her. If not, that would turn out to be just pure bland acting and only little might connect to all the unfortunate things she's been dreaming about.

I just shake my head at this news. Lee Jong Suk and the writer are great but not on the casting of female lead.
I don't know how many drama Suzy needs to prove to us she can act.

I agree..There are many actresses that can fit the role. I'm sorry to all the Suzy fans but I think she still needs acting lessons before she can act in this genre. I can handle it if she's just the second female lead..But..

I think PBY is booked so perhaps they can give JSM a try?! I like her. Shes solid in acting so I don't mind her.

Suzy is a NO for me. I don't think I can survive another dr stranger scenario. That was so brutal for me. ?

Park Bo Young and Lee Jong Suk will be a dream comes true. Jeon So Min acts well, and we have many talented actresses that act well, unfortunately no chance to shine more.

Speaking of Dr Stranger, the leading lady is now available since her drama just ended.

And now that I've read Bo-young's name, it will be a wish of mine too

There's no way she will go back playing second lead. sigh.
I don't know, Suzy is big no, this is not a hatred. Because she just cannot act. I have seen many of her drama although mostly I don't finish them, that i simply can no longer see her acting anymore.

Park Bo Young and Lee Jong Suk were paired up in Hot-Blooded Youth movie where she was a gangster girl. That was so cute! Unfortunately, they had no romantic scenes together although she likes him. They only got together at the end.

I would love for her to be the lead but will it clash with her new drama?

Suzy??.....when are they gonna stop shoving her to the leading role until she's ready for it. Just NO!!! I will not watch even if LJS is there. Just like UF, I had to pass even if it was Woo Bin.

Sane here .. even when she took 2nd lead. She dragged the drama down.

@sera Why oh why did you have YJ mention that?! Oh no! Her drama did end but I'm hoping wishing and praying it won't go to the person we all should not name!!! I'm literally scared now.

Doesn't PBY have a drama with HS soon? I thought they did.

@ Sera The Ms Temper NO!!! dont JINX IT!!!

he worked so 2 times with Writer Park, can he at least have some say about his leading lady???

I agree. For me, I've been slowly losing interest in Korean dramas partly due to these mediocre acting and bad casting decisions. I think there are so many more up and coming actresses and even idols that proved they can act, but only get small roles because of favoritism or agencies that pull strings.

yes so many good plots have been ruined by bad acting for the leads

Now that I read more about the plot it seems that it will be an emotional character because who wouldn't be when you see unfortunate future events. And Suzy doesn't seem to do well in that aspect. She is okay in a spunky role but this... not sure.

I'm thinking Park Boyoung or Kang Sora (?) I just want a do-over for Jongsuk-Sora pairing. hehe! And Sora is a good actress.

I SO want to see Lee Jongsuk and Kang Sora together again. Such a waste of their electric chemistry on DS. Still makes me sad.

Ooooh, Kang Sora would be great! And would do a nice job of making a psychic a complex, grounded role.

Kang Sora would be awesome

LJS has confirmed just minutes ago yeah!!!

Where are the waiting for LJS next drama group?
Let me see your hands people!

Present!

MEEEE! Shocked he picked one so quickly ~ A LJS drama is usually an amazing treat

Meeee!!! *parteeeh*

Meeeeee,Meee....I guess he really loves to work with teh writer and she as well loves to write with him in mind...

rasing both hands!!! :D

Me me me, I can't even be upset at the casting cause I'm just so happy we didn't have to wait an eternity for him to sign another project, I thought he wouldn't do any shows since he's doing his movie now and film shoots are always hectic.

It must truly be Christmas already because woohooo a new drama so soon after W ended. Who would have thought? I remember fans were lamenting when W ended because it usually takes a year before LJS picks another drama. Maybe he is in a rush because he will soon enter military.

Good news! Love this team so much! Please let PD Suwon join!

Not really, doctor stranger and pinocchio on the same year

But that was years ago after which he took a year-long break. Good to see him picking a project so soon even if it will be next year. LJS is skilled in being under the radar/almost disappearing completely when not working that his fans miss him.

Specifically two years ago in 2014 and then nothing until W came along this year. I had to correct myself because saying years ago seemed like 5+ years. hehe

Two hands up! And my heart! I don't normally watch dramas for actors but I will for him (and admittedly because I love this writer too). But mostly for him. ^^

me me a 1000000000x times meeeee \o/

i guess he really likes the writer and script i'm so essited
i hope it'd be an edgier character than his usual fare tho, now that he's experienced acting as a real villain. it'd be funny if the prosecutor is angelic looking yet curses like a sailor lmao

praying for a worthy leading lady (which is /not/ suzy pls)

I'm excited!

I want LJS to have a good female lead so they can give us lots of chemistry and feels and he can unleash his kissing powers and make me Squee! (Still thinking about the W kisses... (on the table!!!) so Hot!)

Such skills should not be put to waste! ?

*raises both hands while crying tears of joy*

me me????

I'm here

First time hearing about this drama... Surprised that Lee Jong-seok is already confirmed! O: I can't imagine him being a prosecutor, but he did look more manly and impressive in W-Two Worlds.

The plot sounds great. I like this writer too. Butttttttt the female lead needs to be good and Suzy is not it.

When I read the news about LJS new drama I got super excited but then a heard about Suzy be in talks to be the lead female, and my first thought was please NO, I like her but I think she needs more experience in acting, before she gets more leads offers. I can't connect with her characters yet it feels off. Hope that if she does get the part that she connects with the character and become the characters so we the viewers can connect and care for both LJS and Suzy, her last drama I only saw it because LJS best friend KWB.

Yeeeeeeeeeey,Can't wait for Lee Jong Suk return and 2017 looks already good!Love the writer to bits so i'm very happy he will re-team again with her,i guess she loves him too!!!Knowing the writer's past works i'm sure the story will have the deep and the intresting characters...curious is we'll have a big baddie here as well,if so can't Jung Woong In play it...Don't know what to say about Suzy romor casting,in between...Wanted a more seasoned actor for the role and to balance Lee Jong Suk in terms of acting while i actually do like her and minority liked her in UF...

On a more cinical note i know if she gets on board there will be blacklash beacause knet usually when adding someone in a box it's kinda hard or impossible to get it out of there and sadly she is labeled as "bad acting" doing good or bad,and i don't want for this reason the drama to do bad..

waiting for more news from on on about the cast \^_^/

She is SO bad, even just compared to other idols. The dog in Uncontrollably Fond was better at acting and had more chemistry with Woo Bin than she did. Please why do they keep making her act? I can't imagine she enjoys it.

That's what I don't understand. She's bad at acting even after so many years, she doesn't seem like she enjoys acting or even wants to do it that badly.... why take these dramas then? And why doesn't the PD's learn their lesson and stop casting her? Is ad money that important?

yep, sadly? money is everything. The PD and financial team probably just sent the offer to the one who has most value on the market rn, and has big fanbase over China so it will sell there.

I try to be positive cause LJS always delivers, he's one of a few actors that i enjoy watching on screen.

I just wish they pick a different female lead. LJS is famous enough on his own, he doesn't need to be stick with a talentless female lead for the second time!

In fact for the third time or even forth time!

I didnt follow the news but has China lift the ban of Korean import?

ia, she doesn't seem like she's into acting at all.

If they want a marketable idol, it can't be that hard to find one. I mean, even IU is better than her and they literally debuted in the same drama!

I find both actress similar, they can deliver certain characters fine, Suzy in A101, DH and IU in Prod, but their other works are meh.

Tbh I can stand Suzy character in UF more than IU character in ML so maybe it's matter of preference which one is better.

Truthfully Suzy needs the writers to do a lot of work to fit her poor skills, while IU at least does well in more demanding roles.

I got really frustrated with IU's Hae Soo too, but after the end of the drama I can admit she at least played the part ok even with the poor writing and weird editing. Suzy would never be able to produce anything on the level of IU's acting in episode 11 with Lady Oh's death.

Preach. This is exactly what I meant when I said IU was better.

@Kendi

Omgee are you me! That's how I feel about both of them too! I couldn't watch UF although I do like WB and ML was a definite pass for me due to IU.

Drama taste preferences are subjective so each their own I guess. I'll have to pass on this even if I adore LJS. What a pity. ?

After Moon Lovers ending mere days ago, I can't even with someone saying IU is anywhere relatively better than Suzy. They're literally the same, terrible in some roles, passable in others. Bias against Suzy makes sense, heck even her biggest fans think she needs to stick to singing, but same rule applies to IU who had 1 facial expression the last time she acted in a drama. It was O_O. Quite literally.

Really? IU in Lee Soon Shin is the Best/Pretty Man/Producers, as bad as Suzy? At least IU can actually make facial expressions.

And even her work in Moon Lovers, with all that 0.0, is better than what I saw out of Suzy - she had chemistry with her leading men and carried emotional parts well. And with a decently written role like Cindy, she can be GOOD. Not just average, but good.

yep. It's funny to me that people want to write off IU after ONE role, while Suzy does far worse and still gets chance after chance of 'maybe this time she won't suck?'

I'm in the same opinion as yours.

I would say IU is only slightly better than Suzy. But her role in ML just proved to me that she's not ready for any roles that needs emoting, or that needs to deal with inner conflicts and struggles. ML writing sucks so bad but IU made it worse cos she couldn't for the life of her, muster up any other emotions other than being petrified and scared. Whether she's in shock, in fear, in love -- her facial expressions are the same = deer in headlights acting.

I would agree that IU is a better actress than Suzy, but that is sortof like saying liver is better than tripe...neither one of them is filet mignon. Or, to put it in the proper metaphor, they are the Subway sandwiches made with nothing but lettuce and cold cuts when what you really wanted was the warm meatball sub with extra provolone.

I agree that IU have to improve but i don't think anyone else could have played HS's character except IU..she was bubbly,chirpy in the first part and became a mature woman in the second part.She displayed both emotions with the best of her ability.She can create chemistry with whomever she works with.

On the other hand, I was never interested in Suzy,just saw one clip of her crying in Gu-Family Book and it turned me off and i couldn't watch UF even though it had my fav KWB because of her..

Why is getting so many top projects just because she is famous? It's like they chose her because she is marketable and many talented actresses are missing out their chances.

Marketable idol - IU, Yoona at least can act with proper guidance. Of course not something so great but at the very least can act. Why and just why, this is not offered to someone like Eunji, Soo Young ? Maybe they are not that marketable? I just don't know. sigh.

Sadly marketable actress (exclude the idols) in 20s probably only Park Shin Hye.

@Sera - you and I are of the same mind on this.

This week has already given us enough crappy news, and now dramaland is choosing to dump on us too? smh.

Help some underrated actresses in 20s to shine as well, dramaland!

Don't tell us we need to watch the talented actresses stuck doing some family drama / boring webdrama / special drama of one or two episodes forever.

oh god no.

I don't buy the k-ent casting crowd's lies that there aren't any good actresses in their 20s to cast - they're there all right, they're just stuck in second lead roles or supporting roles, or written off after one non-success. While the likes of Suzy keep getting chance after chance despite repeatedly proving they can't act and aren't the ratings/box office draws their fans paint them as.

Like there was NO reason why Seo Hyun-jin should have taken so long to break out.

it doesnt even have to be an actress in his age range- imo he works best with noonas. as long as they're good at acting and can build up an intense chemistry with him then i'm sold

Think this way:

Maybe the character here is super easy to play or suitable in some way for an actress like Suzy

Yeah, like she is asleep throughout coz it's while you were sleeping.. pfffft..

I read in the other blog that the hero is an aerospace engineer? But here mentioned he is a prosecutor.

Is she going to be sleeping the whole time? That would totally work.

This! hahahaha

yeah, keep her asleep..... that's the only way I see this working.

lol being in a coma would do it

This will work. Who doesn't want to get paid just to sleep? And stay pretty at that.

Omg HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Yeah I really wouldn't mind it one bit if that were the case

You are giving her too much credit, she probably can't act sleeping either. I 'm sure we will see her eyes twitching.

Lee Jong Suk really respects Park Hye Ryun as a writer, so I knew he would confirm the moment the news of his casting came out. And I'm glad that he did, because I love him in her dramas and i'm excited to see him act again.
About Suzy... I have never seen her in anything, so I will refrain from judging until i've seen her act, but if it is as bad as people claim then i just hope she has taken some acting lessons lately and improved.

Suzy's best work was Dream High. But then, everyone was just perfect in it. You should watch it if you have time. :D

This writer has never failed to make me love her heroines yet even as she gives them flaws and doesn't make them your typical Candy. She wrote around Suzy's acting flaws in Dream High and turned it into a running gag. I'm feeling quite optimistic about it. Let's hope Park Hye-ryun does her magic again...

Also, "Lee Jong Suk really respects Park Hye Ryun as a writer", now I imagine this happened:

PHR: I have this script ready, it's about--
LJS: Say no more, writer-nim! *signs all the things*

Jongsuk will never say no to Park Hyeryun. hahaha! Love the wonderful relationship and teamwork they have. Jongsuk himself said, Pinocchio is the one he watches most and likes out of all his projects.

I'll have to check out Dream High then :D

LJS and Park Hae Ryun is a good combination but why Suzy? The writer had to work so hard to make up for her lack of expression in Dream High, do they have something against actresses with acting talent?

I sat through UF and her acting is still unfortunate, she's not lead role level.

Jong Suk never rest . He really has a huge passion for acting <3
And I hear your voice and Pinocchio are my favourite roles of Jong Suk
I love W however the disappointment in the writing of the second half remain -.-
I really love Park Hye Ryun- my favourite korean drama writer. So much warmth and heart.
I am so excited for the third time collaboration.

But then the casting of Suzy made me confused

I really love Suzy as a idol. She is very down to earth and such a sweetheart in real life
She has been working hard to improve little by little through projects
I think she should take a longer break to further develop her acting skills after Uncontrollable Fond.

I am sorry Suzy. I really like you but please reject this role.

P.S find it so funny coincidentally
Park Shin Hye and Lee Jong Suk acted in Pinocchio together then have dating scancal
Suzy and Lee Jong Suk had a love scandal together out of nowhere when they claim they never met
Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye rumored to be dating while shooting Heirs
Then turn out Lee Min Ho and Suzy are real life couple
And now Lee Jong Suk and Suzy got casted in drama aftet starring in CF together :))

If you throw KWB in there, you may deduce that LJS's next drama after this might be one with Shin Min-a

LOL

Or Jong Suk could work with Jeon Ji Hyun next ;))

This! I want jongsuk with jjh

2017 looking good.

I wish the girl to just be like Chun Woo-Hee.
Although not many people might not know her,she's big in Chungmuro.

Chun Woo-hee is a talented actress <3.

I don't think Chun Woo-hee wants to do dramas, she's deservingly successful in Chungmuro.

When will my darling Kim Ji Won have her first leading role :(((((((((((?

P.S Jong Suk and Jiwonnie worked together in High Kick and they were really cute and full of chemistry
I am praying hard for a reunion.

Kim Ji Won would have been SO awesome for this sigHHHH why isn't she getting offers DOTS made her so popular and she's so good at acting

Yeah they would look good together and not to mention she is such a good young actress,she could really balance him in terms of acting...

Hope Suzy declines,i like her a lot but my love for LJS and the writer is far far more BIG and wish for the drama to be a success along with great acting from both leads

I really wish this was Kim Ji-won getting a look-in at her first lead role :(

I totally forgot about KJW!! After DOTS I haven't heard much about her casting!!! She would be fabulous in this role. I liked and noticed her since Heirs and followed her to Gapdong. Lol. I hope she's a contender that'll be awesome! That is if PBY says no. Haha

Sameee here..

I was afraid that after DOTS she'll be on hiatus again and it's happening! argh i can't understand why she or her agency can't pick another project already? I doubt she hasn't received any script? argh

Her and LJS reunion is on my wishlist too. Their chemistry was proven in their previous work. and i'm sure she can handle this role too.

Seriously she's beautiful and talented and after DotS she's popular and a bit known in China too..... why the hell can't they give the role to someone like Kim Ji Won? What is her agency thinking?

JYP is bigger so they prb. play a big role in getting these offers for Suzy :/

JYP should just stick to idols and not stick his nose in acting.

They keep giving Suzy these big roles and her acting stays poor, she should just stick to keeping her mouth half-open in cfs because that's all she can do properly. Just go be a model.

Still waiting for the time KJW would be female lead.

She's as pretty (if not more) than some idol actresses and she def can act, I don't get how she's more popular - is it her agency?

She's with Kingkong Entertainment, which is apparently a decent agency for actors.

I wish they'd stir their butts and actively start promoting her for acting projects, it's been six months and all I've heard is that she's been doing photoshoots and endorsements (and was in preliminary consideration for the lead role in Moonlight). She needs to be back onscreen again!

I hope Ji Won pick a new project next year. I don't know is she is picky or the offers given are not great, but just pick anything.

Yes, Kim Ji Won please! It's about time she chooses a new project. This drama seems to have a strong female lead so this would have been a good choice.

Couldn’t finish two worlds because of the odd trajectory and the female leads flactuating acting skill (and she's far better than Suzy). UF highlighted Suzy lack of true acting skill. So while the story seems interesting... Can't they just get him a competent lead?

Suzy... No comment

As for LJS... Im in the teeny tiny minority but i dont think he is a great actor. He is just about ok. I can look at him all day and his acting is watchable but im not really wowed by him ...

So i love the premise but not excited about the casting as such

On a slightly related note (?) i was just watching another prosecutor drama - pride and prejudice and i thought Choi Jin-hyuk was amazing in it... Does anyone know how he is now?

Think he is serving his time in the army

Choi Jin Hyuk had a knee injury and finished his MS well before the supposed service time.
Seems he rested a bit and probably still lay low to avoid backlash.

I am with you regarding LJS - if I am watching this, it would only be for the writer (and female lead turns out to be decent).

Speaking of the actors that can made me wow, none in 20s. Mostly all are in 30s and above,

But LJS shines in certain aspect and compared to some other hallyu stars in 20s, I can say he is among the good ones.

I think you might be on to something here ... most of the actors that i really like these days tend to be in the slightly older category ..... i still spazz over the pretty young ones .. but the emotional punch really comes from the other ones. .. ... experience i guess ... though LJS is not short on experience by any standards ... he works a lot ...

I'm also with you.

I like LJS since I Hear Your Voice. While I've never thought he was the best actor among his peers, he's good when he is cast in a right role. It was W that exposed his weakness. I kept seeing Lee Jong Seok and not Kang Chul. I think it's a tall order for an actor to differentiate himself in each role/drama. While it may be too much to expect it from him, it did mar my assessment of him as an actor.

As for Suzy, I just hope I can tell if she's sleeping or awake. I gave up in UF when I couldn't tell if she was crying or smiling. Maybe she got better as the drama continued.

Add me to the list of viewers not totally wowed by LJS. He actually used to be my favorite and I totally loved him in IHYV and School 2013. But W brought our his flaws. He is above average but nothing extraordinary.
But I will check this one out mainly due to writer.

I've never finish a drama or movie with him in it. I'm just not into his acting. I'm waiting for the 2nd leads to be announce lol.

Agree. LJS is just an OK-ish actor.

How about Kang Sora? I thought they had good chemistry in that doctor stranger drama that I actually hoped they were the OTP.

Kang Sora would be a wonderful choice. if only casting paid attention to talent. And her chemistry with LJS was so good too ??

Yes.. i was reading all the comments and looking for someone to mention her. Sorry, Quack couple shipper here.