SBS’s My Sassy Girl lands on the spring schedule
SBS’s upcoming youth sageuk romance My Sassy Girl has obtained a timeslot and is scheduled to premiere in May 2017, airing on Mondays and Tuesdays.
The drama remake of the much-beloved 2001 romantic comedy movie of the same name moves the storyline to the Joseon dynasty and centers around a prickly albeit extremely intelligent scholar named Gyun-woo, played by Joo-won (Yong-pal), and an eccentric tomboy princess named Hye-myung, played by Oh Yeon-seo (Come Back, Ajusshi). New writer Yoon Hyo-je and PD Oh Jin-seok (Yong-pal) are helming this pre-produced project, which is now in the middle of production.
Recently, Joo-won took to Naver’s V App to greet fans from the set of My Sassy Girl’s poster shoot. He delivered smiles and finger-hearts while dressed in traditional Korean garb, giving fans a glimpse of his character Gyun-woo in motion.
I still haven’t forgotten the casting hullaballoo in which an up-and-coming actress beat out thousands to win the leading lady role and ended up being bumped for more experienced actress Oh Yeon-seo. It was a puzzling move, but perhaps the ends will somehow justify the means, and My Sassy Girl will turn out to be well-made remake despite the early controversy.
My Sassy Girl is a fully pre-produced drama projected to air in May 2017 on SBS, following suspenseful melodrama Whisper, which follows SBS’s current ratings darling Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim.
- Sassy princess meets smartypants scholar in SBS’s My Sassy Girl
- Lee Shi-un joins My Sassy Girl as Joo-won’s pal
- Kim Yoon-hye up for second lead role in My Sassy Girl, no casting confirmations yet
- My Sassy Girl’s original leading actress rumored to quit, role still not cast
- Lee Jung-shin, Jung Da-bin join My Sassy Girl
- My Sassy Girl swaps out lead actress, courts Oh Yeon-seo to star
- The search for Joo-won’s Sassy Girl gets down to final 3
- SBS picks up My Sassy Girl, reunites Joo-won with Yong-pal PD