Actor Park Bo-gum (Moonlight Drawn By Clouds) is considering upcoming big-budget fantasy movie Seo Bok for his next project. The movie is based on the legend of a royal magician, the titular Seo Bok, who was given the task by a Qin emperor to sail the world in search of the elixir of immortality. However, on his second voyage, his ship mysteriously vanished into thin air, and to this day, no one knows what happened to the famous adventurer.
With an estimated budget of 10 million dollars, Seo Bok has become the focus of attention as Architecture 101’s director Lee Yong-joo’s latest project. The new movie will use the original myth as a starting point to tell a more modern spinoff story. Park Bo-gum has been offered the role of Seo-Bok’s present-day clone. So I’m guessing it’s a sageuk/sci-fi cross? Or maybe they’ll do flashbacks a la Legend of the Blue Sea.
Park’s agency, Blossom Entertainment, announced that while he has indeed received the offer, nothing has been decided. At any rate, the premise seems pretty interesting, and the matchup between Director Lee Yong-joo, who has been lauded as the “nation’s first love” director (for the movie Architecture 101), and current “nation’s heartthrob” Park Bo-gum would be one to look out for.
Via Seoul Sports
- 2016 KBS Drama Awards
- Park Bo-gum, grateful as ever
- Moonlight Drawn By Clouds: Episode 1
- Hearts and smiles at Moonlight Drawn By Clouds press conference
- Friends turn to rivals in politics and love in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds
- Moonlight Drawn By Clouds promises unpredictable, hilarious, heart-stopping romance
- Crossdressing confusion begins in Moonlight Drawn By Clouds