Open Thread #485

Happy Friday everyone!

Here is your Open Thread, which is here for you to chat about anything you want, whether it be drama-related or not. Nothing’s off-topic here! Spoilers may be rife, so proceed accordingly.

I must have lost 16 kgs.. ok give and take 8 kgs.. I am sure i cried more than I drank water.. actually i didn't.. because i was so hooked

The many firsts this week:
Now i know who won bin is...umm.. not exagerrating but.. he sounds and looks like my cousin
so maybe that is why i was saved from shedding 32 litres of water over 16.. no second lead syndrom

Finally finally finally watched Autumn Tale

THe lead - how is he so under the radar? I found him incredibly charming.. but have never seen or heard of him before this drama

My million dollar question is.. Is Won Bin filthy rich? How can someone not work and still be in news so much.. he is literally the undisputed hunk of korea, if dramas are to be believed..
And really no work? livelihood, boredom?

Song hye kyo - how is she not the "most b'ful" korean woman?
And well, it feels weird to see her in this drama.. for she looks visibly young..

And that just makes me wonder... how much have each one of us changed.. although the eyes can't make out in the mirror!
*********

Finally watched What happened in bali..
I will take a moment and laugh out loud.. What the hell was this drama?

The good- the only content where I have actually liked ha ji won, didn't like insung in wind that blows.. but here he is fine i guess, so ji sub craze goes over my head

( although courtsey both dramas i saw, these bulky muscular builds are so much more attractive than the lean types of recent dramas)

The best -leading lady love no one, lusts both , and unapologetically lives it through.. LIKE IT
It is such a messed up story.. if it has a story that is.. only the hot bodies ( special shout out to ha ji won.. she definitely has one of the best figure in Kent)

I totally fast forwarded it.. watching in sung's piece at 8X speed :P
**********
And yeah really, how does one sustain a lavish lifestyle without working? for what 7 years now?
And how come SHK is not in a solid relationship.. i would have turned into a legit obsessed drama hero for her..

phew! really how is she NOT the prettiest face to be talked about?

As someone who came into dramaland after Won Bins active period, I am quite suprised at the amount of times his name was mentioned and almost put forward as really handsome actor..because maybe its just the peraonal preference I have found many other actors who are more good looking than him. And as you said I am also in awe how he makes to keep his name and position as Koreas national actor when he is not at all active..

same here ... i started watching kdramas after he stopped working. and i legit cannot understand the hype around him.

As for looks, to me he doesn't seem all the special. i have heard stuff like 'god amongst men' etc etc ... and i am like eh! ... but then beauty is such a subjective matter .. so to each his own

i watched a little of his work. and he is fine. but nothing that would have me stalking the internet for info about him.

maybe it has to do with actually experiencing the craze when it is happening???

i have heard stuff like ‘god amongst men’ etc etc … and i am like eh! … but then beauty is such a subjective matter .. so to each his own

Oh, yeah, taste is entirely subjective. I see people gushing about certain actors/musicians who I think are average-looking (or downright unattractive - :side-eyes men with big square jaws:) - and then, I've mentioned actors who I'm mesmerized by & other people give ME the side-eye, so.

(Yes, my Imaginary Celebrity Boyfriend club is full of dorky guys w/big noses Don't judge me.)

I think Won Bin has real estate business, I mean that's the only explanation I could get.

If you good at that, you don't really need to be working in a movie or drama immediately.

I also think he enjoy being out of spotlight because people just have too much expectation for him, let him retired in a good note, kind of like that,

Won Bin has developed some sort of "fear of failure" phobia, but he's wasting his talent. He's not going to stay young forever.

Yes, I think he wants to live his live freely without pressures on his career. He is definitely my type (the face, the aura) #fangirling

But I doubt he will make a comeback in any project. I dont know if he is really picky or what, but being absence too long might not that good for him.

Now I just want him to enjoy whatever he doing, and have a happy family with his wife and his son (or daughter?, cannot remember).

Before you start the unwanted and unnecessary dispute here, Song Hye Kyo has been long known for her beauty face. Koreans do acknowledge her beauty though. Her face I believe is the type that Koreans love, so do the international fans. Kim Tae Hee, Han Ga In are among the other actressess that always being called the beauties. Who is the prettier and prettiest? It is up to eyes beholder. Why choose one if we can have many choices. I believe SHK also has been endorsed in a lot and no less than the others and that proves her beauty is very well known.

I really don't think she's that beautiful, but she's really had an amazing career. Most actors would be lucky to have one or two hits.

Honestly the talk about who should be the prettiest has been for years already. lol.I got that many fans are frustrated why SHK is not the only symbol of beauty in Korea, but I don't think it is big issue. But yes maybe there is always new fan who just discovered her and her beauty. I'm not really following her drama but i know she had many hit and popular drama although i just watched one or two of her drama including DOTS.

How did you miss out the SHK craze when DOTS was happening ? She was everywhere then.

btw, SHK is rumoured to be in a relationship with SJK. so don't worry :)

During DOTS, Uncontrollably fond also happened ( almost around the time)

and SJK is not the type me talking abt.. i meant in her old days..
she is that innocent beauty.. and just look at the men of the time.. most of them are quite good looking and famous as on today..

and the little rumours/confirmations that are there were so short less than a year both with hyun bin and the other guy

SHK is still everywhere today even DOTS was like almost a year already. She is also very established actress and I am confused if anyone says no one talked about her mostly. She has been really popular for so many years already. I think she and Ha Ji Won both are in similar status and very very well known in Korea and international started from many years ago.

About rumours with SJK, if it is true I am happy for them.

but really.. no one is even little surprised or has good things to say about the guy who played lead in autumn tale?

he is so charming in that series.. and i read he is in saimdang diary..

BUt can't believe.. one of the drama has achieved perennial fame.. and the other is lost in world of anoynymity (comparitively)

@EZ Song Seung Heon also not someone new in DB, he is also known for his handsome face and hot body and it has been ages. I mean I can stare at his face even when he is not talking and do nothing (and of course shirtless lol).

Autumn Tale or whatever its name never been my favourite. Watched it once and totally forgot about it. I just remember the hotness of the actors. But during those times, this kind of drama is the hit one. Just like Winter Sonata.

Since Autumn Tale was made in 2000, SSH has appeared in 7 dramas including now in Saimdang and over 10 movies. I think his acting has improved greatly. Has all of his dramas and movies been successful? No, but he is an actor willing to try different types of roles. I read that his next role might be of a villian type which is way out of the box for him.

You will soon learn, that SSH has face, but no talent. His acting never improved, that's people not found of him.

P.S. Takings about handsome older korean men, can Go Soo comeback with something super high profile. People should learn about him and how incredibly charming he can me.

Go Soo :(

Still feel bad for him after being wasted in Flower In Prison. Guess should just rewatch Empire of Gold. From a solid drama to a drama that wasted him - really unfortunate.

Go Soo is Korean version of Alan Ladd. He was really good in Empire of Gold. I was kind of disappointed that he chose the safe route in Flower in Prison.

Never like him in sageuk.

@Kiara I want him to stay away from sageuk. Similarly although I love Lee Yo Won i also wish for her never do sageuk again. Some actors are not born to do sageuk. FIP is an example of sageuk, when most of main casts are not good sageuk actors. Except yes Kim Mi Sook and Seo Ha Jun.

He should comeback with high profile melodrama.

Please read above reply 1.5.1.1 from CNG

You should check some comments of previous posts at DB with Song Seung Heun's tag a.k.a the male lead at Autumn's tale, it had some nice comments but mostly praise about his appearance rather than on his acting

i'd say the same.. i am still not sure if i bothered with how all 3 were acting.. they are all just so drop dead gorgeous..

and this one is not even handsome at feature level (i mean if you look at each feature independently).. but then overall the package is HOT.. and those broad broad shoulders!

I mean it has to mean something if I didn't feel for won bin or was attracted to him even for a sec.. because from the very first scene he appears in, i was all SSH camp

Won Bin is the epitome of male beauty in Korea. He can live off CFs and never act ever again. I do think he feels the pressure from all the expectations. I have only seen one interview with him, and he actually seemed kind of ambivalent about the whole acting thing. That's fine. Don't do anything you don't want to do though if he wants to kip his toe in a small role in a film would probably be a good way to go.

talking of interview,
i was shocked out of my life to see Jo In sung being so cheerful in BTS clips of what happened in bali..

I mean.. total 180 deg reversal of the kind of discreet man image he paints ..

infact now i am convinced why epicenter of all is SJK.. and how alike JIS, SJK, KWS are in terms of playfulness..

birds of same feather indeed flock together

That's where I saw him.. and had that image of him.. but then it was obvious that he was extra guarded..

However the BTS was eye opened.. add infinitry to extra guarded..

That man is a goofball.. rambunctious kid

Choi Jin Hyuk is back already?! It really feels like two minutes pass by rather than two years whenever a celebrity comes back from the army, no joke. The dates on articles about them leaving from the army must be fake, lol :p That or I probably watch their dramas/movies during those couple of years, but still! So weird...

SK has so much content to produce..atleast i end up forgetting which celebrity i am supposed to miss..

the one who went to army, the one whose drama just ended, the one whose drama previews are looking awesome, the one who i didn't know existed and a sudden encounter has my heart racing

Why the hell is time flying so fast. I swear it was in just recent past I read news about Choi Jin Hyuks enlistment....

I know right. I am also surprised to hear that Choi Si Won will be back soon (yay!).

In saying that though, this year will be a painful one. Seo In Guk, Ji Chang Wook, Yoo Ah In, Lee Min Ho, TOP - all disappear from our life for at least 2 years :(

CHOI SI WON is coming back?!

What happened to my reminders on that important fact?!

I know right! I swear it's just yesterday we all crying over his departure.

He'll be back mid year if I'm not mistaken.

I think Choi Jin Hyuk was injured while in the military and was discharged early.

Yes, but he still laid low for the full 2 years. Even if he didn't have to, it would have been considered poor form to have a come back project early. So . . . yeah . . . that time really is flying . . .

I always wanted to ask fellow drama viewers your take on Korean and Japanese dramas..I often have a hard time following Japanese dramas although they are often lesser in time and no of episodes. Even Japanese dramas especially modern(?) Ones just irks the hell out of me because of the amount of over exaggerated expressions.
And yet I decided to take on my aversion and watch one of old Jdramas Long Vacation starring Kimura Takuya..And there I am hooked. Is it just me or I find older Jdramas fairly similar to tone of Kdramas..while modern ones have a strange weirdness (atleast in most of them I have watched) that makes me stay clear of Jdramas.
I hope it is not just me...or is it just because I have not been a fan of mangas? I really want to know opinion of fellow beanies on Kdramas V/s Jdramas .

I started out with J-dramas a couple of years ago, ran out of things to watch (Japanese dramas are subbed rather slowly) and moved on to K-drama. I also started with Long Vacation! ^^ Was hooked after it!

It's quite a good question - I think that both Korean and Japanese dramas offer a wealth of variety in their narrative, while being just as conservative about certain aspects of the execution - revealing skin, kissing, and so on. Perhaps it is because of camera angles, lights and what not, but Japanese dramas tend to have a more realistic feel to them (in general). In Korean dramas, everyone is so beautiful that many of them feel like a fantasy.

I wouldn't say I like one more than the other though - my small list of dramas rated 10/10 includes both, from Tonbi (Japanese) to Signal (Korean).

Japanese dramas are too weird for most people's taste. It's really an acquired taste.

I'd watch old samurai movies but I just can't get into J-dramas even the ones recommended by my Japanese friends.

Try Rakuen. It's only 6 episodes. 3 have aired and been subbed so far. I am literally on the edge of my seat. The music, the suspense, the mystery have hooked me. I really lke the main female lead. There is no male lead, no romance but you won't care. Nothing silly about this one.

For Romance in jdrama, i've hardly liked any jdramas. I did really like The Last Cinderella.

I loathed Last Cinderella.

For a better rom-com, try Love Revolution.

Thank you!

- I think JDrama is smaller on scale or setting and the way they directed the drama is more tone down than Kdrama. They don't really have bright and super glamour things and as I remember, they can't block the road for filming.

- JDrama has so many manga adaptations but it caters to a different audience. Shojo manga ala switch girl and Hana Yori Dango will be different than shounen drama like suddenly we get married, just like how webtoon drama differed from misaeng to cheese in the trap. So you may only see the comedy shojo drama than the serious adult drama.

- I think Jdrama has more slapstick comedy than Kdrama, I can laugh at the silliness of the Manhattan Love Story (Jdrama) but people who used to watch Kdrama would be freak out at it.

- The biggest different for me is how they constructed the story. Jdrama has more variety, like jobs, social strata, places and it more of a simple life with people we can find in real life while Kdrama like to impose how the lead are the best people in the field with flashy setting, not that Kdrama is bad but I think in Kdrama: you just have to be best while in Jdrama: you just have to be survived

that's all on the top of my head right now, sorry if the words is less tight,
for preference, I like Jdrama more tbh, I enjoy Kdrama immensely but I once count how many dramas I saved on my disk, it turns out that I have many Jdrama titles,

Compare to kdrama, jdorama has a lot more variety. And with shorter episode, means there are more jdorama per season than kdrama.

Quirky jdorama is just one of it, in this case I think some older jdorama has more over the top expression than nowadays. And for manga adaptation, if it turn to be slapstick most likely it's because the source material is like that.

But for slice of life, jdorama has better potrayal than kdrama. I agree with @Sancheezy, kdrama tend to glamorous everything where each character has something special in them, while in jdorama it's just normal person try their best to survive. And for that, most kdrama always has an ending (mostly happy ending) and jdorama tend to give an open ending (sometimes a bittersweet one with a slap on the face to make us realise that's how life is).

But yes, for romance genre older jdorama mostly has similar plot as kdrama in term of love rectangle and even some of it's makjang element.

So when I want to escape reality, I'll go to kdrama (or disney's princess movie), but if I want to watch a story (and emotionally ready) I'll go to jdorama. Kdrama never manage to grab me emotionally like jdorama does.

Ditto! ...i can't really get into j-dramas at all too.

people like them for their ordinary tales but its the same reason why i don't like them. i mostly like my tv to be escapist. jdramas have this slice-of-life thing going where i feel nothing really happens onscreen .

Even the recent super hit drama - we married as a job - i'm watching this and scratching my head. its so unbearable dull

Of all the different asian country shows -

india (my own) - same sob story in every show. it ultimately boils down to DIL and MIL conflict. We even have mythological shows where somehow the story still reduces to this!!! except with gods and supernatural beings !!! ... urghhh .... haven't seen one properly in like 2 years.

pakistan - all the misery heaped on the heroine like in indian shows except condensed in 20 episodes. pass

c-drama - i just can't get the language. just cannot. apparently a lot of chinese actors are dubbed because of dialect differences and it translates into a weird watching experience. And for its supposedly bigger budgets, kdramas are visually better

j-dramas - there is the emotional punch everyone talks about. but i always drop the show before i reach there

taiwan - i watched 2 shows and i liked them. can anyone suggest any other?

in conclusion kdramas hit my sweet spot. i do keep picking up dramas from other languages but 9 out of 10 times drop them by third episodes. Kdramas rule !!!

"pakistan – all the misery heaped on the heroine like in indian shows except condensed in 20 episodes. pass"

LOL YES! Perfectly succinct.

that is true for all countries.. except american angsty stuff..

because there the problem usually is either of the two

1. Which one of the guys to sleep with

2. How to become human aka feel normal girl
( pfft.. idiots.. who is the right mind with superpower would want to pine for being an idiot naive girl with no problem bigger than what to wear and whom to date..

on second thoughts, this reminds me of Emma.. and the multiple adaptations.. the one with alicia silverstone as cher.. i liked her.. n i loved full house.. so maybe shopping can last a liftime)

Kdramas are pretty bad too. Most of the virtual people i talked to dished them pretty badly. Europe produces lot of bad stuff too. The we have the 2 Americas.

I have heard Pak shows are best of the indian sub-continent.

I have developed some tolerance towards Japanese by watching Jackie Chan's movies in Original but overall but still a long way to go. CCTV doesn't help much either.

"I have heard Pak shows are best of the indian sub-continent."

They are. And when they're good, they're very good. But just like dramas from other countries that have their "tendencies" (for lack of a better word) like k-dramas tend to glamorize and TW-dramas tend to be cartoon-y (not so much anymore, I think?), Pak dramas tend to have heroines who get all the misery heaped on them.

And that's not a generalization. It's true for a lot of dramas. Not all, but a lot.

I've watched a few Taiwanese dramas (I'm no expert though).

My recommendations:

The Fierce Wife (2010)

Genre: Drama/Romance

Set-Up: A devoted housewife reassesses her life and career when her executive husband cheats on her with a younger woman.

Comment: My first Taiwanese drama. It was a huge hit in 2010/11. Really loved the lead actress and the original score was phenomenal. It still sticks in my head from time to time.

Just You (2013)

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Set-Up: A young, cheerful and optimistic young woman finds herself at odds with her new demanding and tormented boss, who just happens to also be her landlord/roommate.

Comment: You'll either love or hate the female lead in this. Some find her character annoying (you'll have to watch a few episodes to see). I happened to fall in love with Puff Gao's Liang Liang in this show. Also really like Aaron Yan (second drama I've seen him in). They make a good pair in my eyes. Probably my favorite Taiwanese drama.

*Puff Guo

... sorry i just say the post right now. .... ooooo... thank you for the ton of recommendations. i'm a happy camper now

@bips99

(I don't know if you'll be back to see this.)

You know after thinking about it, I should probably qualify my recommendation of Just You.

As I said, it is my favorite Taiwanese drama. But not necessarily because it's a quality drama by any objective measure.

It's an idol drama. It's plotlines can be pretty cliche and sort of meandering. And it's rather rough around the edges and lacks a certain subtlety.

Despite all that, I find myself in love with it anyway. It's got tons of heart and the interaction and relationship between the two leads is the single biggest selling point and deal-maker/breaker.

Anyway, I thought I'd give you forewarning, so you don't curse me if you start it and are like... this is absolutely terrible. That Emanresu is a dumba-s Lol.....

Taiwanese drama: Boss and Me, LOVED it!!! I've watched it like 12+ times. Shang Hans n Zhao Ly Ling (I've probably spelled it wrong)

I actuality watch j-Dorama exactly because they're so slice of life. I cry more watching the too-close-to-home situations in J-Doramas. I watch them because they feel real enough to connect to, but jokey (cartoony?) enough that I can laugh at too. In other words, it's real enough that I can connect, and fake enough that I can dream that there's more to my story than what I'm currently experiencing

I am Indian..and an early Indian drama addict so I entirely get what you mean...Most of the series in the begning is so sweet and good and but when they have to drag the content to 1000 episodes, they are so repeatative n boring. So you can understand why I became Kdrama fan with its condensed 16 episode formats, or want to binge watch Jdramas with 11 episodes

If you liked Kimutaku, try also Hero and Love Generation. Those are his other two big earlier hits. He also did well in Sora Kara Ichioku no Hoshi, and Beautiful Life.

I prefer J-dramas, they're more my speed and shorter, storytelling is generally crisper and tighter, and they have more variety. They also do much better procedurals and slice of life stuff, and back in the 90s and early 2000s, had some fantastic rom-coms that are classics till this day. I like that they're not afraid to go all out on a particular subject matter.

I would never say early J-dramas are like K-dramas though. For me, they have very different vibes.

If we compare it with todays kdrama, jdorama never went to that route. But I think around late 90's and early 2000's, some jdorama (romance jdorama) has similar feel and formula with kdrama in the same era (Well, kdrama in that era are more 'real' than todays one). Say, in the era of Oshii Kankei, Kamisama and Lover in Paris, Glass Slipper.
Take Love Generation or Tokyo Love Story, it has love rectangle where the guy love girl but she's with other guy (friend or brother), then comes a girl who love him and he start to love her too but then the first girl start to get close to him. Or there is jdorama too where the guy has evil ex- with many scheme to create many misunderstanding between OTP. Take Glass Mask live action, I'm super mad on how they turn the story to super makjang with evil scheme every where.

Hmm, I'm probably in the minority who never got the appeal of Love Generation or Tokyo Love Story, but all these elements you mentioned are present in J-dramas as well, back when Japan was still churning out lotsa rom-coms and the like. But no matter how makjang a J-drama is, I never feel it's like a k-drama.

There is a wide variety of Japanese dramas available, and I mean in terms of topics and treatment.

Many Japanese dramas that are popular internationally are based on manga aimed at young people , so it's very caricature-like with over-the-top characters and exaggerated stories. Some examples of this type of drama are Nodame Cantabile, Hana Yori Dango, Gokusen, and Liar Game.

But actually, some mangas are also adapted more realistically on film, like Osen (which is about an owner-manager of a traditional Japanese restaurant so it's based on manga, about a profession, about food, and about society or modern times).

There are also profession-based dramas where the lead character is an eccentric individual who challenges the system. Some examples are Hanzawa Naoki, Underwear (Atelier), Boss, and Strawberry Night.

There are also youth or school-based dramas that are about growing up and friendships, like Dragon Zakura, and Stand Up.

There are also food-based dramas like Honda Shokudo, Shinya Shokudo, and Kodoku no Gurume. Kodoku no Gurume is literally a saleman traveling all other Japan and eating at good restaurants; this is not a drama you should watch if you're hungry!

Then there are also slice-of-life dramas that are very realistic, like Kekkon Shinai about women at different ages and what marriage means to them. I like slice-of-life dramas because although it's realistic, it's not very depressing. There are also many characters that represent different views, like in Kekkon Shinai, there are characters who want to get married, there are characters who don't want to get married, and there are characters who are undecided.

Then there are also one-episode drama specials that are based on real stories, like Kyo no Hi wa Sayonara, Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru (Myu Will Give Daddy Her Legs), and Marathon.

There is also a wide variety on mysteries and crime procedural, that can also qualify as work-based dramas because it is usually about police, detectives, etc.

I love Japanese dramas, from manga-based dramas to realistic dramas. There are a lot of different Japanese dramas, the manga-based ones are just the tip of the iceberg so to speak.

You will be surprised when you find that Jdramas adapt novels quite a lot, maybe even probably more than mangas. Soratobu Taiya, Karei Naru Ichizoku, Fumo Chitai, Hanzawa Naoki, Lady Joker, and so on, are few examples

For me, anything's good or suit my taste. It doesn't matter if it's Jdramas or Kdramas. I just avoid any romances based dramas just for the sake of romance, especially when the characters make silly decisions related to work just based on their feelings, or dramas that looked really serious and good on paper but it seems that the conflicts just runs in circles without a clear purpose.
I see more Jdramas I find J dramas offer less things I usually avoid. Also, because I can get what they are trying to tell me about quite often. I also watch some c-dramas and western tv shows too.

And I think It's ok if you don't like Jdramas. Because everybody doesn't have to like Jdramas. Although I watch a lot of J dramas, I also find a number of them that I don't like too.

Hey, guys!

No new currently airing dramas are catching my attention, so I have been watching Age of Youth! I'm absolutely loving it, I'm on episode 8! These girls are all so different but all so lovable. More dramas highlighting female friendships, please!

I'm looking forward to watching Tomorrow With You tonight. I hope it's good!

As for American shows, my mom started watching Gilmore Girls a while ago and when I was home I would sit down and watch with her sometimes. Several weeks ago I started from the beginning to watch it all and man, this show is like happiness in a bottle.

I've been going towards the lighter, happier shows lately rather than the dark thrillers that usually catch my eye. Hmmm. Maybe the real life political situation is enough seriousness for me and when I venture into fiction I try to escape it?

OOOhhhh I love Gilmore Girls. It's one of the few shows I always go back to. I never get tired of their witty dialogues and fast-paced banter. Love the pop culture references.

I feel you about moving towards lighter and happier shows. I recently picked up WFKB and it is just the right show to make me feel warm and fuzzy... basically I feel so damn happy because of it. I've been re-watching.

Gilmore Girl fangirl here (me, me)!! I own all the dvds but somehow season 6 is in French? Don't know how that happened, just grabbed the wrong one off the shelves. Heh.

I watched the Netflx special, Winter Spring, Summer Fall that came out in November, was it? I liked it, hoping the show will continue with the ending...

And, I am watching Tomorrow With You as I write this, it will take a couple of eps to get the feel. But I do like the time travel aspect.

So, carry on, Mindy!

Beanies, I need your help. Is What's with this family any good? I recently hopped into Hyungsik fangirl bandwagon and I hear he was good there. I want to watch it, but the 53 eps got me hesitant. Especially since the only weekender I've watch was Can You Hear My Heart.
So, any advice, everyone??

I think this drama is one of the good weekend drama i've watched. Not a fan girl of Hyun Sik but he was cute with Nam Ji Hyun. Overall I did enjoy the drama, especially the development on the three siblings (Hyun Sik's older brother and noona). All actors' acting was great too.

It is a lovely drama that involves cliche characters in k drama and slice of life. The writer did a wonderful job binding them together .It is funny and dramatic yet the lessons that will be learnt were near to us. I cried and laugh while watching especially at the last 10 ep. I felt myself drowned with emotion like the characters.

Anyway it is worth watching I bet you would not regret. Hehe.

I watched up to episode 20. The beginning is hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. So I really think you should watch it, at least the first ten episodes.

Have you watched High Society? PHS is amazing in that as well. (you can skip all scenes except for his)

It's one of my favorites

You should definitely check it out. There will be episodes that you will find slow but that's a given since this is a weekend drama. But overall its a lovely drama. You wont regret starting it.

I've watch about 8 weekend drama so far.. this isn't my favorite but it's watchable.

If you're watching for Hyungshik, you can just watch his part. Weekend drama has a lot of substory and you can just watch parts of your favorite.

OK, so which weekenders are your favorites?

<-----Always on the lookout for good weekenders.

I LOVE What's With this Family. But then I love family weekenders in general. They don't have the production values prime time shows do, and the pacing is slower, but when they are good, they get me in a way that the shorter shows don't. There's something about spending so much time with these characters, seeing their struggles and watching them grow, that I just come to love them. My favorite part of WWtF was Hyung Sik's relationship with his dad. He wanted to be just like Dad, but Dad wanted more for him.

I say go for it. Just remember that you are watching dramas for fun. You can stop any time you are no longer having fun. And just because other people like a drama, doesn't mean you have to too, and just because you start a drama, doesn't mean you have to finish it. :-)

I watched it recently in dec and loved it overall. Just go for it.

Hello

rather uninventful week this time. Preparing for a nalbinding workshop, discovered that I have forgotten how to begin properly. cursing a lot.

also chuckling cause one of Eesti Laul songs - Verona - by Laura Põldvere and Koit Toome contains the lyrics "Before our romance turned to drama" and that makes me think of korean dramas and the way a cute and romantic beginning can turn into a melofest and suffering. LOL does the songwriter watch dramas, perhaps?

I just can´t, it makes me giggle.

I have read all comments about the second leads and it because of that I started re-watching Reply 1988 - what nobody seems to have mentioned is how some people thought Taekie was the second lead because in the beginning the narrating voice and flashbacks and some things that happened and how he was referred to in past tense seemed to refer to him dying. indeed, when I look at the first 3 episodes, it seems like they are talking about someone who is already gone. still dont understand what they were trying to achieve with that vibe. I just remember being upset about it, and people kept saying "He´s gonna die, he´s gonna die!" in the comments.

defendant - how to enjoy the great acting without wrecking my nerves because of the tension, that´s a question.

Hwarang - could they not have turned this one into a musical, cause with lots of singing lack of plot and character development wouldnt be so visible. plus we could have elaborate chorus scenes with all the hwarangs and peasants. yes, please, let´s re-do this as a musical. Ban Ryu can have a balcony scene with Soo yeon etc

Question: how deeply involved in a characters fate can you get? like, level A, cross your fingers while watching but forget about them come end of episode; level B keep worrying through the week about what is going to happen, but stay inactive; level C cry, scream and have bad dreams; level D write an angry letter to the writer rely on fan pressure to get things to go as you want? or something intermediate? are you passionate or cool?

What a fun question! ^^
I'm definitely Level A. I forget 10 mins after the episode is over. BUT feel the pull once a new episode is out, and waiting to be watched.

It still depends on the characters, I think I usually A, except it's Jingyan/Mei Changsu, Bidam and Chilbong who probably near on level D for me,

Me too.

I was also a D about Dr Burke on Grey's Anatomy, and I was so upset with the character assassination of Dr Burke and how he left the show (Burke the character, not Isaiah the actor) that I promptly quit watching Grey's after he left (season 3),abd haven't ever looked back

redfox -

I haven't started Defendant yet, but I keep hearing that it's really nerve-wracking, but quite good! ..... I'm looking forward to it though!

re: deeply involved. Well, it depends on the drama of course. As a general rule it stays at level A (although the day before I usually remember and start wondering, if it's a good show.) And then in more spectacular shows it's a level B with some C antics for the hours (day?) after the episode ends. And maybe randomly throughout the week, when I start really thinking about it. I'm looking at you, W: Two Worlds. ^^

Haha, I'm with you on W, @Cozybooks. It didn’t help that I was going through a rough patch last year when W was airing. The first few episodes triggered a mini existential crisis which kept me awake on several occasions!

Mostly, I'm on level A. 10-15 minutes after the eps ended, I'll blissfully forgetting the cliffhanger ending, the twisty turns, or the tragedy awaiting my favorite characters. But once in a while, I went to level B and keep thinking about them all week (like when I recently watch Solomon's Perjury).

of course, there is also the sasaeng level, where your whole life revolves around the drama. I have encountered people like that on the internet, but not here. It means you follow every news, every BTS, tweet, blog, make fan art, comment every article, watch every ep multiple times in a row and just generally do nothing else. Requires long-term hospitalization or gardening therapy and ban of internet and phones.

I think probably idol fans following dramas can be this level, but they are like that anywhere really.

I was like this just reading the recaps for Angry Mom! I even downloaded a very nice fan-fic that I still read if I have downtime where wireless and/or Internet connectivity is bad.

i am 90% level A.

but for some shows or actors have been turning level C-ish. ..... what an emotionally draining time it becomes. i cannot operate at this level all the time

That really depends on the character. Most of the time I'm A. But there have been times when I've been B (Moon Jae Shin from SKKS). In the case of Warrior Baek Dong Soo I was so taken with Yeo Un's character that I felt devastated at the end of the drama. It took weeks to recover. So if you have a level E, that was me, back then.

If a story ends up upsetting the character, especially if the writer chose the "wrong" ending, I get very upset.

Yup, I have a certain few dramas that were traumatic in the way they ended. I won't name any, but I'm sure many of us have the same ones in mind!

Level A, I forgot everything, when i start the episode next week i ask myself what was the last scene, then the episodes start: ohh yes this where it ended!.

I stopped caring after Signal.

I tend to be Level B or C for most of my dramas. If I find myself in Level A category, or Lord help me, I fall asleep while watching during normal waking hours, I know it's probably a series I should drop.

I guess I come to the special category where I don't wonder about the character even while watching, I just watch it with my eyes without any usage of brain.

I am re-watching reply 1988 too right now!!
Love everyone in this drama, even Bo Ra in earlier episodes ?

So, I decided to take a break from K-dramas for the last several weeks, because I was just too overwhelmed with the influx of old show ending and new shows starting, so I turned to Chinese dramas, and OH MY WORD, I'm glad I did it when I did :)))) I stumbled upon "Pretty Li Hui Zhen", the Chinese remake of "She Was Pretty XD Dare I say that I like the Chinese remake better and more than the original?? Hehe At first, the number of episodes kind of turned me off, and also kind of boggled my brain-- the original had 16 episodes, this Chinese remake has 40 episodes-- and I kept wondering how China was going to go around that and make it happen, BUT IT HAPPENED. WITHOUT LOSING SIGHT OF THE ORIGINAL STORY. WITHOUT BEING DRAGGY :))))
It managed to seamlessly fit the original 16 episode story into an enlongated 40-episode format..... But then I realized, that the original 16 episodes ran for 1-hour+ for each one, whereas the Chinese remake ran for 40 episodes at 45-minutes for each episode.... That extra, or lack of, 15 minutes can actually fit a lot of story and context in XD
Case in point:
- I loved Dilraba's interpretation of Hye Jin better, and I liked Peter Sheng's interpretation of Sung Joon better
- Dilraba's interpretation was more down-to-earth, real life, and less comedic
- Peter Sheng's interpretation made me really feel that he loves Hye Jin despite anything/everything, and was more soft and easier to take in vs. Park Seo Joon's interpretation that made him look desperate and pitiful for Hye Jin's love

Just my thoughts :) Have a great weekend, Beanies!!

I agree that Pretty Li Hui Zhen is a very enjoyable drama. I like both the h and the OM better than in the original. Going into this drama I never expected that the c-drama OM would be better than Siwan but he certainly was). I did think the H in the c-drama is a little stiff and just not as good an actor as in the k-drama but I did like the H/h romance storyline better in the c-drama.

I've also been watching the c-drama General and I which has a fantastic H (extremely possessive if the h) and the h isn't too bad either (very intelligent).

If you haven't seen it yet...watch Autumn's Concerto...excellent c-drama!

Yay, Autumn's Concerto is one of my favorite Taiwanese dramas!

Some of my favorite Chinese dramas are the adaptions of Gu Man's novels - My Sunshine/Silent Separation, LoveO2O/Just One Smile Is Very Alluring and Come and Eat, Shan Shan/Boss and Me. I also liked Sound of the Desert/Ballad of the Desert based on the Tong Hua novel.

My Sunshine/Silent Seperation was also good, but I only rewatched it once; My mom, however, loved it so much and rewatched it a number of times XD
I've not watched Boss and Me, but I did watch the drama version of Love O2O and really like the pairing of Zheng Shuang and Yang Yang :)

I loved Autumn's Concerto when it first came out :)

Happy Open thread,
it's been a while since I watch some drama
Saimdang: I actually really enjoy this, the past story is heartbroken and it feels meticulous, well-prepared drama.
I like how the small affection Saimdang has for people make the table turns, she is naive, idealist and brave at the time so it hard for her to grasp the unfair worlds.
The past love story is so heartbroken that makes me happy to see them reincarnated into the present world.
It feels like getting a second chance, to know the history and help them with the problem in the present time.
It probably feels slow but then I find the execution is so good.
I don't know how much the historical accuracy of the story because Saimdang is known to be a poet and a wise mother but this story portrays the possibility of her involvement in something bigger.
I like Saimdang who is good and naive on her own, realised that she's done wrong and know what she needs to do.
History is something that can be buried under many circumstances and the interpretation of a good moral story is welcome.
I also like how there is the historical place in the present time so we can see the real trace of the story.

Totsuzen desu ga, Ashita Kekkon Shimase/Suddenly, We are getting married Tomorow : I tried my best to wait since I love the manga and have it myself.
If I have any critics probably because I can see it done better, like the having a taller actor for NanaRyu but scraps that since I like the drama enough.
The story is about a woman who want to get married who then meet a man who doesn't want to get married (Asuka and NanaRyu)
Asuka is a woman that we can root for, she is great at her job but also wants to be fully housewife after marriage cause she valued the work of a good mother.
Nana Ryu is an announcer who seems sweet but doesn't want to get married ever, he can get emotional when seeing people who overly want to get married and Asuka is a person who expressed how she eager she wants to get married.
Then they met.
I like the characters and how they believed on their choice without stubbornly dismissed other,
they hurt each other in fast response but realised and apologised.
They knew their view is different than normal people but they accept the normal people thought of its.
I like how the story constructs an individual we can agree because they are honest and upfront but still normal at their job.
*also nanaryu has a really calm tone voice*

The normality in Jdrama is something I want to see in Kdrama when they just normal people who have this small dream to achieve.
They are not quirky or strange, they just other people story that we can get by and admire in everyday life.
Just like in Solomon's perjury, they are not quirky or brave because they are born with it but because they take action and do things...

"Probably my overworked shipping radar, but I love the chemistry of Lee Young Ae and the present Lee Gyeom/her junior.."

So agree to this. Yet to catch up on latest episodes, but I enjoyed what i watched last week. Hope the ahow picked up on the rating again (started with bang but keeps decreasing). But the rival, Chief Kim is enjoyable to watch as well, so hopefully both shows will do great side by side.

I enjoy it but I can see how people see it slow than usual,
it doesn't start with tragedy or a bang since we only have the angst at the 4 ep.
I hope it picked up the rating too and I seriously wished that the present time can reunited the couple,
come one, her husband didn't looked like loves her or even care, he even run away,
I mean I get the situation but then they seems so detached than her with the junior (despite how strange they are at 1st to each other)

Never read the manga, but I'm excited for Suddenly, We are getting married Tomorow. The synopsis sounds really cute, but I'm going to be patient and wait for the series to end before I start.

I figured it gonna take long tine to subbed so I hope you can enjoy it when it complete, also hope that the story becomes good every episode

I so want to watch Yang Se Jong but I'm iffy about starting Saimdang. I've never planned to watch it and ever since I found out that YSJ would be in this, I am in two minds. Glad to know you are enjoying it because it has been described as old fashioned and boring. Besides these criticisms, knetz are quite merciless on Park Hye Soo. It certainly doesn't help that Introverted Boss is drawing a lot of flak at the moment and she's being named as a huge factor for its failure.

I started mostly because of Lee Young Ae and second Yang Se Jong (Thank you Romantic Doctor introduced this cute boy). I hope the show getting better because I cannot bear to see LYA's comeback is a failure. Knowing LYA she is not a type to pick a crappy show. Even the plot is boring, I will stay just for these two. They have the chemistry.

I think among other weakness aside from the old fashion plot, is because maybe the production hoped for LYA alone to carry the drama. Yes ppl excited for her comeback, but they cannot burden her 100% on the success of the drama. I think the side characters also are solid actors but maybe the writing is weak. i still doubt about SSH, and how I wished they casted a better actor.
I really hope I can stay until the end, because I never know when LYA will do drama again. Even it is not drama, i wish she can do movies.

I am probably the only one in this part of the world who hasn't watched Dae Jang Geum :P

That said, I know who LYA is(watched her in JSA) and hopefully this comeback won't turn out to be a disappointment for her.

SSH is definitely a question mark. I can't forget Dr Jin.

Oh you didnt. I am not a huge fan of this drama, but overall I loved it. I liked Lady of Vengeance too. I love her screen presence, especially in sageuk.

So his name is yang se jong ^-^
I love him there and I really hope this drama would mark his name into popular actors,

I think people hope saimdang as lee young ae drama and see her the most in hanbok but they got the opposite for now,

I mean if you like him there, you probably would like him more here since he has good screen time as the young lee gyeom/seong sung hoon in the past but lee young are partner to solve the history in the present time,

Yes I think he can go further as long as he is a good direction. So far he only did two drama sl looking forward what his project will be.

Happy Friday,Beanies
Completed goblin and legend of the blue sea this week.
Re-watched oh my venus which made me notice that kim young ho was cringing when he saw joo eun pregnant face.
Random remembrance:yoon ji hoo smile at the end of boys over flower when they met at the beach was a little bit forced.
Drama i wanted to watch:rebel hong gil dong.the drama will be nice to watch but i don't think i can.for one,it's too long.30 episodes equals 30 hours plus the rewinding will make it 40 hours.i don't have the patience.i'll just follow the recaps

Hi Mandy,
I just finished Legend of the Blue Sea, too and have 2 more episodes of Goblin. Both are really good, both have memory eraseing/loss themes, both span eras, and both have dreamy male leads. Love the story lines and the chance to escape in kdramaland.

btw, here'w my blog of what I watched this week along with those two dramas. What else are you watching?

I started watch The Universe's Star and it is super cute. It's risky to take on the grim reaper story so soon after goblin but I think it works for the story. My only worry with live watching is that it will have a sad ending, the first episode was rather melancholic and everthing was so wistful.

Anyone know the location of city view that Bok Joo takes Joon Hyung to in "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo"? (It first appeared in episode 6 and shows up again in episode 11)
When I go to South Korea I'd love to visit that location!

OK, this is just to say thanks to the beanie who once recommended nutella version of hot chocolate. tried it this week - and love the taste! so whoever you are: THANK YOU!!! :)

I miss LEE SEUNG GI.Who else misses him

Meeeeeeee!

Naduuuu.. (Me toooo!!) On and off mostly. But I can’t wait to see him back this year after military.

MEEEE!! I keep rewatching clips from 2Days1Night in which he is the most adorable little dork

Just remembered,Tomorrow With You starts today.please live up to expectation

I saw it live this morning. It was good. Very slow build up.

Oohh now you make me want to watch it without subs... I shouldn't do that. But I want to.

Opinions on Train to Busan? Recs for anything similar??

I just watched it this past week and I loved it. Was very impressed with the whole movie!

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD - Official Trailer

Love this and Song Kang Ho never fails to impress me. It has all the feels of the title.
Following and loving Kim Jee-woon's films. I've yet to watch "Age of Shadow" but it's on my watch list.

ya know, i have a real hard time "liking" Lee Byung Hyun since that scandal while his wife was pregnant... but i have to admit, he was very good and badassed in this movie. i "get" that he is popular in american movies now.

i just wish he didn't seem like such a d*ck in his personal life...

You act like he's the only creep in showbiz. If you really know anything about the underside of show biz, especially Hollywood, it would make you sick.

no, i'm not implying that at all. i'm just saying he was very good in that movie and i personally think he's a jerk because of his lack of good judgement - which many celebs are guilty of...

celebs are as big as they are because of their fans/appeal... of course we know they are "humans", but they are public figures, so... you'd hope they'd not venture off into egomaniacal territories.. but alas, some of them do...

Loved the good the bad the weird

Ooooh, yes! Good movie! I think this was the very first Korean ANYTHING I ever saw, and I was not disappointed. It made me think to give k-dramas a chance, and we all know how turns out! ?

I'll check it out! Thanks for the rec!

I loved train to Busan, i cant wait for a sequel and I actually was thinking about it last week. the question in my mind is: we did not see Ma Dong Seok´s character as a zombie with our own eyes. what if he is alive... wishful thinking much? but what if somehow he returns in part 2... he is too good to die.

I tried watching The Flu, but I didn´t enjoy it as much. Medical is always a big no for me. and I am not a fan of Jang Hyuk either.

maybe you can search Kissasian, it has a lot of uploaded movies, even recent. There was The Wailing , which I think has religious themes, so also a no for me, but if you are not bothered, go watch.

Is there supposed to be a sequel?? I heard that Hollywood is going to make a US version, but it probably won't live up to Train to Busan!

I thought the ending was going to be similar to War of the Worlds (the Tom Cruise version), so I was surprised with how it ended.

it was mentioned that because of its´ success, there might be a second installment, but I am not sure. I don´t care for the Crappywood remake, really

Loved Train to Busan!

Lots of great horror, creature feature, werewolf, fairytale, zombie, movies out there. Host, Werewolf Boy, Snowpiercer, Hansel and Gretel among a few.

Yes! I loved Werewolf Boy. When you say Host, do you mean the one based off Stephanie Meyer's book? I remember reading it years ago, but haven't seen the movie.

If you want something that's similar to a mass infection on humans which caused severe destruction, you can try to watch 'Deranged' and 'Whistleblower'. There's a Korean drama about similar human created virus called 'Virus'.

Ooo I might have to check out Virus! Thanks for the recs!

Hi Everyone! ....... I hope you are all doing well today!

Watched this week:

Legend Of The Blue Sea - I feel so sad for Heo Joon-jae's dad. It's a shame he didn't catch on to things earlier.

Night Light - I think I keep on watching because I want to see the result of both leads trying to outdo/outmaneuver and protect each other at the same time.

Chief Kim - Sure, it's comical but there's certainly more to this than the impression you get when you first start watching. ..... I have to say that, Junho, who I had never seen in anything, is very, very good in this!

Tree With Deep Roots - King Sejong for the win!!! What he was able to create, while facing all those difficulties, is truly admirable. ..... Finally finished watching this and oh my goodness, what a treat this was! This is certainly one of those "must see" dramas.

That's all for now. ....... Everyone take care and have a great Friday!

YES! Love me some King SeJong. And some Chief Kim.

I love how the writer setup the characters involvement in each other. It is new and fresh. I mean jumbo gets the eyes on the lead girl first and yet the interest on hero towards the lead girl and vice versa are slowly building up. I am interested to see how their involvement in each other further. The sthg new level up my interest . Hope to not get disappointed as the story going .
Not to forget I love the second girl .

so you see everything happens for the good..

had bang wo not killed all those people mercilessly, become the king. sejing would not have become the king.. and who knows if this langyage would have got reinforced..

So, even if you murder.. guess god has plans for it .. don't stress over it :P :P

(pfft... he could have still been a scholar.. and i go back to being mad on bangy to have killed all those people for his greed fo the throne)

Heyy guys,
First time poster on here writing from Nigeria, yayy!. Been watching kdrama for close to 4yrs now but I became a dramabeans addict last year.
I'm sooo hooked with kdrama, like my frnds are starting to question my choices and I'm my mind I'm like "you guys dnt knw nothing".
Just finished Goblin yesterday, wept at the end and sad that it's over. That was one fine drama. About to watch RomanticDoctorTeacherKim #fighting!

All dramabeans addicts like me,have a wonderful week ahead. ??

Hi!! Welcome to OT! Goblin was a good drama, I watched it with a friend of mine. That ending though! I actually didn't expect her to die in the last 30 minutes. That was... different. Have fun with RDTK!

Olutommi -

Welcome to OT! Glad you could join us!

Hy olutommi,im also from Nigeria.i started k drama six or seven years ago and dramabeans 3 years ago but started commenting last year.welcome to open thread

Just curious: how do fellow beanies use/read dramabeans?

I only read refer to a recap once I've watched an episode. The recapper's final comments and then fellow beanies' comments. Makes me feel like I have someone to discuss my K-drama obsession with. ^^
Other than this, I get my K-drama news from here!
Dramabeans has been my most frequented website for months. I check daily. Don't know what I'd do without it. ^^

Do other beanies use/read this website in a different way?

Not really.if someone recommends a drama and i don't have time to watch it,i read the reacps and even though i have time to watch a drama,i always read the recaps first.i love spoilers

I generally read the news to see what's coming up and what I might be interested in. I do not read recaps, but I do read opening comments to see what the general view is...this is how I picked up Age of Youth and The Good Wife. I'm usually safe from spoilers but can get the general vibe of how the drama is going down. I watching new dramas as they air less and less as I've just gotten burned too often.

@Greenfields I watch the drama before i read the recaps. Mostly to discuss what i thought about the episode, and recommendation for new dramas. None of y family members watch Kdrama so this is the only platform that i can discuss my obsession.

I don't read recaps, i read the recappers comments and beanies comments on the dramas I watch after i watch the episode, or sometimes the one i dropped.

Same here, I too read only the comments section of both the recappers and beanies.

I think Im the same as you. I read the recaps after I watch, for the OP's review and comments, but also because I don't trust the subs.

For old shows, I read the recaps for the entire show while I'm bored at work. If I like it, I'll add it to my viki list. Eventually I'll get around to actually watching the show and by then I've forgotten all the plot details and just remember the broad strokes. Sometimes that actually makes a show better. I legit cried reading uncontrollably fond without being disappointed with any acting. I could not handle the second hand embarrassment in weight lifting but I enjoyed reading the recaps for it.

For new shows I usually start them without recaps but I always fall behind and have to skim the recaps to make sure it's worth still watching. I just don't have time to do actual drama watching these days.

I use DB to read about episodes after I've watched nowadays. At first, I would read the recaps for each episode of a series I just started watching while I was at work and having to wait for clients to come. I was new to k-dramas and this helped me pick up on societal cues I would have missed if I just watched on my own. I also finally found comments a year or so ago and really love the sincerity and humor we all have!

How do I have a first round of tests already?! The semester started... three weeks ago! Give or take a few days. I guess it makes sense, I've just wondering where the time went. Are we really in February 2017 already?

Missing Nine: So this week happened. I think I spent most of the time making little screams and scaring my roommates. That crane (which was a little graphic for me) was a new way to go. And Tae-Ho!!! Whyyyyy?? I wanted you to have some shot at redemption, but now... I'm still loving the use of color in the show. Her room in the present, cheerful as it is, scares me. And That moment when Joon-oh slips and falls in the mud? It was really impactful for me, since I look at the brightness of their clothes as a sort of indicator for their moods/foreshadowing. And I love that So-Hee is in darker "pessimistic" tones while Bong-Hee is all bright and more random.

Greatest Love: Still a 10/10 the second time around. It's just so wacky, I always end up laughing regardless of where I am. And the metaphors. Lol now I get to text my friend things like: "You won't accept my potato so I'm gonna torture your chicken!" And she just laughs.

W: Two Worlds: Is it possible for a show to get even better the second time around? I really... really... really loved it when I first watched it, but this time I get to appreciate to all the little clues that were left behind for us. And the pacing! I can appreciate it so much more when I'm not dying for the next episode to come out. And it still raises my blood pressure, even though I know what happens next. Lol and now I know how to take screenshots while I'm watching. So there's that. ^^

Defendant: I'm a little bit frustrated with this show. On the one hand, I absolutely love our prosecutor and his plight and want him to break out of prison and find his memory etc. etc. On the other hand, I'm just... not feeling the Min-Ho villainny arc. It got a little bit better this week, but I still resist the urge to fast forward through his scenes and get back to our death-row inmate. On the other hand, an evil prosecutor would make things a whoooole lot more interesting. And heartbreaking.

Also watching:
Hwarang (...meh.)
Voice (...less meh but still kinda meh now.)
Introverted Boss (no episodes this week? While I'm glad for the revisions, I actually hope it doesn't change too much. I liked the wacky tone and situations--just not her.)

Aand that's it! Happy Weekend, everyone! Don't freeze! Is anybody else ready for Winter to just be gone already?

Cozybooks -

Yay for Greatest Love! Always a favorite and always a fun watch!

Too funny on the text to your friend!

I recently converted her to K-dramas, we watch them together now (she's watching W with me!). We text each other whenever random or really funny things happen and we're watching apart. This one got me a text back: ????????? So I had to explain.