Jung Woo-sung up to join Kang Dong-won’s sci-fi thriller Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Actor Jung Woo-sung (The King) has confirmed that he has received the script for dystopian film Jin-roh: The Wolf Brigade. He is currently reviewing the offer carefully, and may end up joining the cast in the role of a training officer named Jang Jin-tae.
The movie is set in an alternate reality where North and South Korea have been getting ready for reunification for the past seven years, but complications occur because there are political forces on each side that don’t want the merger to happen. It’s based on a Japanese anime by the same name, which was produced by director Okiwuri Hiroyuki. The storyline from the original anime was set in a post-World War II background where Japan had become a police state. So while the actual plot may be very different, perhaps the original themes regarding surveillance, military control, and governmental intrusions on the rights of private citizens may still be present.
Famous director Kim Jee-woon, who is helming the film, has already cast Kang Dong-won (Master) in the lead role of the Korean version of Jin-Roh, as a special task force officer. If Jung Woo-sung decides to sign on, he’ll be reuniting with Director Kim for the first time in eight years since The Good, The Bad, The Weird and Gift.
Jin-Roh is still in the casting phase, and will begin filming during the latter half of this year.
- Kang Dong-won offered role in gritty alternate-reality movie
- Kang Dong-won courted for remake of Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
- Jo In-sung rises from pawn prosecutor to The King in political action-thriller
- 2016 Blue Dragon Awards
- News bites: November 11, 2016
- Jung Woo-sung is up to no good in Asura
- Ryu Joon-yeol, Kim Ah-joong join Jo In-sung’s movie The King
- Lee Jung-jae, Jung Woo-sung consider movie reunion